Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 07:56 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times

Advertisements

It is clear in this thread though as to why so many convictions have been later overturned and the person found innocent.

People thinking a person's guilt should be based on feelings, such as if they should have been there, not by law.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:00 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The bottom line is that you don't have any examples where a DA would refuse to prosecute, but keep on with the claim that no one would prosecute this case. I thought you also indicated this would be over in a day yet here we are at the end of the week, evidently the jury sure thinks there is merit.
How about you give an example of these same circumstances happening before

The quick one, two-day verdict group was unrealistic. Imagine 12 posters entering a jury room and trying to reach a verdict. No way would that happen within 6 or 12 hours. I'd want to hear every argument before sending someone to prison for decades and believe most people feel that way.

I guess today, Monday at the latest, the jury has its verdict or informs the judge they're deadlocked

Old 11-19-2021, 08:01 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,623 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
It is clear in this thread though as to why so many convictions have been later overturned and the person found innocent.

People thinking a person's guilt should be based on feelings, such as if they should have been there, not by law.
It doesn’t work that way.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:03 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,623 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
How about you give an example of these same circumstances happening before

The quick one, two-day verdict group was unrealistic. Imagine 12 posters entering a jury room and trying to reach a verdict. No way would that happen within 6 or 12 hours. I'd want to hear every argument before sending someone to prison for decades and believe most people feel that way.

I guess today, Monday at the latest, the jury has its verdict or informs the judge they're deadlocked
From what I’ve seen in the past, the jury doesn’t inform the judge they’re deadlocked but rather requests to be declared deadlocked and then the judge can order them to continue deliberating.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:04 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
That's not the complaint at all though, the complaint was that the prosecution intentionally gave them a 3x lower resolution version of the video.... which is gross prosecutorial misconduct..... as is them lying about not knowing the identity of "jump kick man".

Withholding evidence from the defense is grounds for immediate mistrial with prejudice.... but that's not the only gross prosecutorial misconduct in this case, the prosecutors also lied to get a manipulated video into the case created with software "for investigative purposes only". The second that was shown it was grounds for a mistrial with prejudice as well.

This is one of the most corrupt, dishonest high visibility trials I've ever seen. Both prosecutors need to face discipline from the bar and possibly criminal charges over their conduct

To the Prosecution and many on the Left, that would be preferable to what otherwise would be the very likely acquittal on all charges.

They knew their politically motivated case was chit when they brought it.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:09 AM

6,662 posts, read 2,966,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
To the Prosecution and many on the Left, that would be preferable to what otherwise would be the very likely acquittal on all charges.

They knew their politically motivated case was chit when they brought it.
yep,...keep the wound open and ambiguous.
And the Prosecution can throw their hands up and be like,..not my fault! Don't cancel Me!

Old 11-19-2021, 08:12 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It's Friday. Saw on Court TV yesterday the guy says never underestimate the Friday factor - these people don't want to go through the weekend with it hanging over their heads.

Kyle hopefully is exonerated today and can get on to suing Biden and everyone else who slandered him, into oblivion and be wealthy beyond his wildest dreams for the rest of his life.
Could be Nick Sandmann part II. Sued CNN for $275 million. Settlement not disclosed.

For Kyle, could total a billion with multiple lawsuits. It's why MSNBC is so hellbent on tampering/intimidating the jury.

Quick reminder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjXFDQJA7CY

Old 11-19-2021, 08:14 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,787 times
I am a liberal, I think Kyle Rittenhouse is an SOB, and I think he should be acquitted of all counts.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:36 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It doesn’t work that way.
But you've shown your feelings through out this thread.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:38 AM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Adding a little levity in a tense thread....

https://youtu.be/2WRIQhFqJ4Q
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies