Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2021, 08:26 AM

23,578 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Kyle went there armed. Clearly he knew he was going into a dangerous situation where his life could be in danger. He was not just some naive kid wanting to practice his paramedic skills.

I lived in the suburbs. I watched it on the local news after the Rodney Kink verdict.

But its obviously a dangerous situation you want to avoid, you see angry people in the streets and watch the local news. Stores were being burned, people were being injured. Businesses have insurance. Eventually the police will get a handle on it.

I am sure Kyle watched all sorts of footage of the riots in Wisconsin. For some reason his conclusion to that was, I want to go there.
Most likely he took his gun because he figured no one would be so utterly stupid as to attack someone who is armed. Or to tell someone who is armed "If I catch you I will kill you", as Rosenbaum had said to Rittenhouse.

He'd made a bad decision in going, yes. But when someone makes a bad decision then that does not take away their rights to protect themself.

Everyone there made a bad decision to be there. Everyone should have stayed home.

Old 11-06-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I have a silly question. How any rioters have been arrested and charged?
Probably very few. And, if any had been charged then the charges were probably dropped, just as had been happening around the country..but only if they were blm antifa.

Old 11-06-2021, 08:43 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Everyone should have stayed home.
This. Because the thugs & criminals take over the “whatever” event.

Old 11-06-2021, 08:45 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Most likely he took his gun because he figured no one would be so utterly stupid as to attack someone who is armed. Or to tell someone who is armed "If I catch you I will kill you", as Rosenbaum had said to Rittenhouse.
Hard to say. His gun might have incited Rosenbaum. Should it have, no. But might have.

Quote:
He'd made a bad decision in going, yes. But when someone makes a bad decision then that does not take away their rights to protect themself.

Everyone there made a bad decision to be there. Everyone should have stayed home.
But two people are dead and probably would not be if Kyle was not there. If Rosenbaum had a death wish he could have just ran at the cops pretending he was drawing a gun from his pocket. They would have obliged. He did not need Kyle for that.

Old 11-06-2021, 08:47 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Looks to me like he was an active shooter and at least one of his victims died trying to disarm him.
It looks to me like someone attacked him. Then while defending himself from harm, two other individuals (criminals, as it turns out) tried to attack him too. Pretty stupid, IMO.

Old 11-06-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Hard to say. His gun might have incited Rosenbaum. Should it have, no. But might have.
Who knows. There were plenty of guns there, maybe if he hadn't attacked Kyle then he would have attacked someone else.

Quote:
But two people are dead and probably would not be if Kyle was not there. If Rosenbaum had a death wish he could have just ran at the cops pretending he was drawing a gun from his pocket. They would have obliged. He did not need Kyle for that.
Maybe he wanted a gun, any gun, to take others with him?

if, if, if......

It's a shame people don't have hindsight before they do something, eh?

Old 11-06-2021, 09:04 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
If he feared his safety he would have stayed home and let law enforcement do their job. Since they didn't ask him or any other boy scouts for help he was just in the way and wound up almost getting killed himself and killing other people,. That dumb kid could have easilly been taken out with a brick.
Taken out easily with a brick you say? mmmmm Maybe. I reckon you believe then that YOU could have done so then? The woke leftist nuts rioting that night who couldn't "take him out" even when one had a firearm himself just weren't properly represented by competent killers aye?

The kid was attacked and he defended his life. That's the long and short of it. He did pretty well for a 17 yo kid with no real training or experience who got separated from his group, was on his own and surrounded by violent rioters. He didn't start the altercations nor did he ask for them. What was it he did to provoke the initial attack again? Oh yeah. He extinguished a fire the goblin had set. OH MY! Yep, he asked for it alright. Get a rope.

The two he sent to Boot Hill and the one he sent to the ER are the ones who had it coming. I think the kid did all right. He's still alive. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Old 11-06-2021, 09:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
The police were hired and trained to deal with people like George Floyd and they did not follow procedure. Police are suppose to protect and serve. Floyd could have been detained without killing him. How do you compare that to some underage kid with a rifle and some crazy nutjobs rioting? Everyone knew it was going to be volatile in the streets that night. Which was the whole reason Kyle went there. I have watched all the videos. To me its unclear he was an innocent victim being attacked by crazy people. Why was he the only one attacked? Why was he the only one who shot and killed others that night?
That is also a question I have...why was this kid the ONLY one to shoot and kill someone during this? I dont think this aspect has ever been addressed.

Where were all the legal gun owners that reside in that city? Were they too scared to defend their own city?

Old 11-06-2021, 09:09 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That is also a question I have...why was this kid the ONLY one to shoot and kill someone during this? I dont think this aspect has ever been addressed.

Where were all the legal gun owners that reside in that city? Were they too scared to defend their own city?
Were other legal gun owners attacked?

Old 11-06-2021, 09:12 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Were other legal gun owners attacked?
They love to say that they own and carry guns for self defense and protection...there are plenty of incidents when a legal gun owner intervenes and stops armed robberies or other crimes...

So,I guess most of the legal gun owners will only intervene if there is very little risk to them at all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies