Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vote For The Outcome Of The Murder Trial Of Kyle Rittenhouse
Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse murdered those young protesters 72 19.78%
Not Guilty - Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self-defense 292 80.22%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2021, 11:45 AM

23,567 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
We know what actually happened. We do not know what might have happened if Kyle was not there.
That is correct, so there's no sense in playing the what if game, 'if he hadn't been there then this, that, or the other wouldn't have happened'.

Old 11-06-2021, 11:46 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Until everyone can have their own private security guard, this is the way it SHOULD be. The people are responsible for the safety and order of their own community. The police are only there to make arrests and assign blame.
the irony is the leftists want to defund police.

but i don't think they know this kind of incident will happen more when the police is not there.

Old 11-06-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
We know what actually happened. We do not know what might have happened if Kyle was not there.
the same argument can also apply for the 2 dead guys.

We do not know what might happened if the 2 dead guys weren't there.

Old 11-06-2021, 12:38 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Until everyone can have their own private security guard, this is the way it SHOULD be. The people are responsible for the safety and order of their own community. The police are only there to make arrests and assign blame.
No this is not how it should be but it is the way most foreign people think the streets of America look. How will you know the bad guys from the good guys if everyone is carring a gun? In the Arbury case those idiots were trying make an arrest.

Old 11-06-2021, 12:51 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
actually, police did not arrest him.

-KR went back to his home in Antioch, IL after the shooting
-DA from Kenosha, WI issued an arrest warrant for KR the next day
-KR turned himself in to his local police department in Illinois

You can always blame the the wokey DA from Kenosha for this political arrest witchhunt
Tracking down a killer is not a witch hunt!

Old 11-06-2021, 01:27 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
No this is not how it should be but it is the way most foreign people think the streets of America look. How will you know the bad guys from the good guys if everyone is carring a gun? In the Arbury case those idiots were trying make an arrest.
I personally don't care what foreign people think our streets look like. Here people carry both open and concealed all the time and there's no issue telling the good guys from the goblins. The goblins are overtly breaking the law committing robberies assaults etc the good guys shoot them clear and lock and wait for LE to show up. And LE likes it what's more. You'll be hard pressed to find a cop around here that doesn't fully support armed citizens.

As for the Arbury case that's a different kettle of fish. I have my opinions as to what I think motivated those guys but it's non sequitur to this. TOTALLY different set of circumstances and motivations.

Old 11-06-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I personally don't care what foreign people think our streets look like. Here people carry both open and concealed all the time and there's no issue telling the good guys from the goblins. The goblins are overtly breaking the law committing robberies assaults etc the good guys shoot them clear and lock and wait for LE to show up. And LE likes it what's more. You'll be hard pressed to find a cop around here that doesn't fully support armed citizens.

As for the Arbury case that's a different kettle of fish. I have my opinions as to what I think motivated those guys but it's non sequitur to this. TOTALLY different set of circumstances and motivations.
If some guys are minding their own business not hurting anyone and just breaking into an ATM and some armed citizen tries to stop them, the armed citizen will get cut to pieces by gun fire.

Arm citizens roaming the street with long guns will lead to "gun jacking" , These kind of people will shoot you in the back of your head and take your cool looking gun and sell it. Same thing they do to get peoples cool looking cars.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 11-06-2021 at 01:43 PM..

Old 11-06-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Tracking down a killer is not a witch hunt!
Shooting violent attackers in self defense is not murder

Old 11-06-2021, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXDF View Post
Cool story, point to where that has ever happened.
So far no one is stupid enough to roll up on a criminal who isn't a cop. I think cops want you guys on the front line for that reason. I grew up with and am related to about 15 people who killed people for nothing. So I probably know more about scum than you.

Old 11-06-2021, 02:23 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Kyle was the rapist in this case. He left home prowling the dark streets with a gun looking for a victim.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Kyle acted in self defense. If he wasn't charged at by a mob, he wouldn't have killed anyone. You clearly have a partisan/political interest in the outcome of this trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies