Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 06:56 AM

1,381 posts, read 1,774,367 times

Advertisements

Even if you're staunchly in the Trump camp, you have to acknowledge that these ads are effective enough to sway some undecided voters:

https://youtu.be/FTPIrB2EPRk

https://youtu.be/5EDjAfyZrww
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2020, 07:03 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
These are good ads right up there with the Lincoln Project ads. I have yet to see a well done ad for Trump. How much do they matter though? Minds are already made up. If there are any undecideds they are probably Republicans thinking about doing what is best for the country rather than party, so maybe these ads will help.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:07 AM

24,483 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Those ads show just how skewed the thinking of Democrats is.

Trump is Trump and he tells it like it is. He is an idea man that throws out thoughts that others can contemplate and run with. Of course some of his ideas are not so good but others are brilliant. The trouble is the Left and their media is so closed minded they think all of his ideas are terrible.

Riots? Safety? Trump is the President of this nation but the Democrat elected are very much opposed to him and go out of their way to fight him. They have allowed the riots to go on giving space for the "peaceful protesters" to destroy public and private property. In one video it shows that couple in St Lois holding guns as the trespassing mob goes through their property. Tell me there isn't a single Liberal in America that wouldn't be concerned, even frightened if the mob was walking down their street knowing the split second destruction they are capable of.

I think those ads are weak and actually show the hypocrisy and the problems in the US that the Democrats have created. I think smart voters will see it the same way.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:07 AM

25,958 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
These are good ads right up there with the Lincoln Project ads. I have yet to see a well done ad for Trump. How much do they matter though? Minds are already made up. If there are any undecideds they are probably Republicans thinking about doing what is best for the country rather than party, so maybe these ads will help.
I think most have made up their minds by now. I can't imagine what would keep someone "on the fence" as both candidates have made their stands on the issues pretty clear. Most should be aware of the issues we are facing, and who is most capable to addressing those issues.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:08 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
LOL, you think those are effective? Yikes.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:11 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsmith12 View Post
Even if you're staunchly in the Trump camp, you have to acknowledge that these ads are effective enough to sway some undecided voters:

https://youtu.be/FTPIrB2EPRk

https://youtu.be/5EDjAfyZrww
No effective at all. Propaganda to millions who know that President Trump worked tirelessly getting PPE out to the states.. Trump will have to run a counter ad of all those democrat governors thanking him for the great job Trump did . Truth wins.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:14 AM

11,248 posts, read 11,022,956 times
If you don't already know who you plan to vote for, you're a strange type of confused.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:15 AM

1,381 posts, read 1,774,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Those ads show just how skewed the thinking of Democrats is.

Trump is Trump and he tells it like it is.
And how many times has this gotten him in a hot mess?

Telling it how it is? That's all fine and dandy when you're telling the truth and have the facts to back it up. But Trump spews lies left and right.

He said in his speech that Joe will not follow science to deal with coronavirus. Enough said.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:18 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think most have made up their minds by now. I can't imagine what would keep someone "on the fence" as both candidates have made their stands on the issues pretty clear. Most should be aware of the issues we are facing, and who is most capable to addressing those issues.
It’s been reported that 10% to 12% of moderates have not yet made their final decision. The debates would likely to steer people to one direction or another, which is why Pelosi is afraid to let Biden participate.

Old 08-29-2020, 07:19 AM

15,964 posts, read 7,024,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am a poll official. A large percentage of early voters coming in were first time voters, under 25. Trump is getting wiped out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies