Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2020, 12:08 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Have any of you heard about this?

“A white father and his daughter were shot and killed by a black man in South Carolina following a traffic accident. Two people died and one person was injured after a crash in Georgetown County led to three people being shot.

Deputies said the shooting happened after a traffic wreck on U.S. 521 near Indian Hut Road. The suspect ran toward the Kent Road area before being taken into custody, according to deputies.

Charles Nicholas Wall, 45, of Andrews and Laura Ashley Anderson, 21, of Georgetown both died following the incident.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wbt...n-the-run/amp/

A local mayor, Brian Henry, then posted the following on his FB page (the post has since been removed):

“I am sickened by the senseless killings in Georgetown last night.

“2 innocent people murdered. Not 2 thugs or people wanted on multiple warrants. 2 white people defenselessly gunned down by a black man. Tell me, where is the outrage? When and where will we begin rioting and burning down businesses in Georgetown. Answer is simple, it won’t happen. Because we live in a civil society, and it won’t change what happened. The victims’ families and friends will mourn and undoubtedly feel anger and confusion. Can’t imagine their pain. So why do we stand by and allow BLM to lawlessly destroy great American cities and threaten their citizens on a daily basis? Should they have a carte blanche license to pillage and destroy? Why?

This has gone on too long. Rise up America. This BLM and Antifa movement must be treated like the terror organizations that they are. Law and order, protection of liberty, and the right of peaceful enjoyment. If we don’t have that, we no longer have a country. My wife cried last night when she read about these murders. I’m sure their family is devastated. This did not have to happen. Does the senseless murder of these people not matter as much because it doesn’t fit the media narrative. You are damn right their lives matter. And we should all be outraged and engaged to demand action and stem the tide of lawless fringe. We can’t stay silent anymore. All lives matter. There I said it. So am I racist now? I think not. How about the POS who just gunned down 3 defenseless white people? You be the judge.

“We need Law and Order. Now!”

Following that post, Mr. Henry has received a good bit of backlash. BLM is apparently calling for his removal as mayor. One comment (which I do agree with to some extent) points out that there is a difference between police violence and violence between citizens. At the same time, I think that is a chicken vs. egg discussion.

Another comment, which I find particularly naive, reads: “we will not allow hate of any kind to separate our community. We will always win with Love for everyone.” Two people being murdered after a fender bender means that there is already plenty of hate and that love is not winning.

Overall I agree with what the mayor wrote and wish he had stood by his words instead of (predictably) apologizing.

https://www.postandcourier.com/georg...8e68e999a.html
The mayor had to delete it because he would be bullied and sent on his way! That is how the left operate.

Never heard anything about this story until here. Guess it doesn't fit the mainstream media's narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2020, 12:15 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
The mayor had to delete it because he would be bullied and sent on his way! That is how the left operate.

Never heard anything about this story until here. Guess it doesn't fit the mainstream media's narrative.
It also makes him look like a dumbass to anyone who has taken the 5 minutes to figure out what the complaint actually is. Maybe he suddenly sprang some self-awareness.

Old 08-29-2020, 12:16 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,774 times
Yes I had heard about it, local news, Gateway Pundit and Breitbart were talking about it. SSDD in America, black on white hate crime that's not talked about because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Old 08-29-2020, 12:21 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
It also makes him look like a dumbass to anyone who has taken the 5 minutes to figure out what the complaint actually is. Maybe he suddenly sprang some self-awareness.
His point makes perfect sense.

White people have been dealing with disproportionate violence towards them for decades and yet that reality gets ignored. Meanwhile political entities such as BLM have inverted the truth.

Maybe the only thing that will help is white people rising up. Maybe that is what you are hoping for.

Old 08-29-2020, 12:37 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
His point makes perfect sense.

White people have been dealing with disproportionate violence towards them for decades and yet that reality gets ignored. Meanwhile political entities such as BLM have inverted the truth.

Maybe the only thing that will help is white people rising up. Maybe that is what you are hoping for.
I would like to see this solved without any violence. Don't put that on me when your leader encourages people to knock the crap out of tomato guy and he'll bail them out.

I believe you're missing the point. It's about law enforcement procedures and accountability. I have yet to see a protest over a random white person committing a crime against a random black person. If it has happened you'll have to link me up.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 08-29-2020 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: misquote

Old 08-29-2020, 12:40 PM

16,550 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
how is it possible that the cops who chased and caught him didn't execute him?
They are on their best behavior until this blows over. Then they can go back to their lifelong ambition to arrest and kill as many blacks as possible.
All the with the express of keeping blacks down as a race.

`

Old 08-29-2020, 12:48 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,032,845 times
Quote:
Have any of you heard about this?

“A white father and his daughter were shot and killed by a black man in South Carolina following a traffic accident. Two people died and one person was injured after a crash in Georgetown County led to three people being shot.

Deputies said the shooting happened after a traffic wreck on U.S. 521 near Indian Hut Road. The suspect ran toward the Kent Road area before being taken into custody, according to deputies.

Charles Nicholas Wall, 45, of Andrews and Laura Ashley Anderson, 21, of Georgetown both died following the incident.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wbt...n-the-run/amp/

A local mayor, Brian Henry, then posted the following on his FB page (the post has since been removed):

“I am sickened by the senseless killings in Georgetown last night.

“2 innocent people murdered. Not 2 thugs or people wanted on multiple warrants. 2 white people defenselessly gunned down by a black man. Tell me, where is the outrage? When and where will we begin rioting and burning down businesses in Georgetown. Answer is simple, it won’t happen. Because we live in a civil society, and it won’t change what happened. The victims’ families and friends will mourn and undoubtedly feel anger and confusion. Can’t imagine their pain. So why do we stand by and allow BLM to lawlessly destroy great American cities and threaten their citizens on a daily basis? Should they have a carte blanche license to pillage and destroy? Why?

This has gone on too long. Rise up America. This BLM and Antifa movement must be treated like the terror organizations that they are. Law and order, protection of liberty, and the right of peaceful enjoyment. If we don’t have that, we no longer have a country. My wife cried last night when she read about these murders. I’m sure their family is devastated. This did not have to happen. Does the senseless murder of these people not matter as much because it doesn’t fit the media narrative. You are damn right their lives matter. And we should all be outraged and engaged to demand action and stem the tide of lawless fringe. We can’t stay silent anymore. All lives matter. There I said it. So am I racist now? I think not. How about the POS who just gunned down 3 defenseless white people? You be the judge.

“We need Law and Order. Now!”

Following that post, Mr. Henry has received a good bit of backlash. BLM is apparently calling for his removal as mayor. One comment (which I do agree with to some extent) points out that there is a difference between police violence and violence between citizens. At the same time, I think that is a chicken vs. egg discussion.

Another comment, which I find particularly naive, reads: “we will not allow hate of any kind to separate our community. We will always win with Love for everyone.” Two people being murdered after a fender bender means that there is already plenty of hate and that love is not winning.

Overall I agree with what the mayor wrote and wish he had stood by his words instead of (predictably) apologizing.

https://www.postandcourier.com/georg...8e68e999a.html

I would be willing personally apologize to the victim's family and friends for having the same skin color as the person who murdered them. There are no excuses for this kind of random violence.

Old 08-29-2020, 12:48 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
perp's name is a real doozy.

Spoiler
.Ty Sheem Ha Sheem Walter, III

no, you won't see this on alphabet media.

Old 08-29-2020, 12:57 PM

2,774 posts, read 901,837 times
Quote:
The narrative is that bad cops are not held accountable for their actions. The perception is that this affects POC more often than not but it would still apply to white people if they fell victim to a bad cop. Criminals, if caught, are. Therefore there would be no outrage over this incident because no one is defending the murder and vilifying the victims.

Agree or disagree but it's in no one's best interests to fabricate someone else's point of view.

I've shared this before but this is a good example. I could only find the 51-second video but this went on for a long time. The man is intoxicated and the police officer shouts these commands at him for many minutes until he finally shoots the guy. That police officer is now enjoying a lifetime pension.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...apply-n1028981
I'm not fabricating anyone's point of view. I'm simply stating a fact. The real narrative pushed by the MSM, the DNC and popular culture is, all cops are bad cops, all blacks, including those who are criminals who resist arrest, are victims. It is in the interest of the democrats and their far left allies to maintain this narrative, because it is the only chance they have of defeating Trump in November. You can deny all you want, but that is the established narrative.

And before you start on FOX, I don't watch any television news and have not for years.

Old 08-29-2020, 12:59 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:

I believe you're missing the point. It's about law enforcement procedures and accountability. I have yet to see a protest over a random white person committing a crime against a random black person. If it has happened you'll have to link me up.

The elephant in the room is the reputation they have brought upon themselves. That’s why we’ve gotten to where we are with the police.

None of these people shot (with possibly the exception of Breonna Taylor who was caught up with questionable people) were upstanding citizens. It doesn’t make their deaths acceptable, don’t get me wrong. But they were not upstanding citizens to begin with.

I do think police are often acting excessively AND I think there is a reason police have gotten to this point.

Unfortunately from what I can tell, there has been no response to change “thug” culture, only calls to defund the police and blame white people. Maybe decrease criminal behavior? Does anyone even consider that?

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 08-29-2020 at 01:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies