Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 03:19 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

Nothing new here folks. Democrats have been trying to disarm law abiding people for decades. They want to ensure only violent criminals are armed. Can't have criminals getting hurt now by their intended victims, can we?

Thing is, they are choosing a particularly stupid time to push this issue. It has been obvious for years that Democrats empathize with violent criminals far more than their victims. They have been supporting and promoting violent criminals that are rioting, looting, burning businesses and neighborhoods. Tearing innocent people from their cars and beating or killing them. They insist on a "revolving door" justice system that turns violent criminals out time after time to prey on innocent victims.

Now they are insisting on "defunding the police" to further protect violent criminals. Dems are seen as "at war" with law abiding, productive American citizens, insisting on ensuring that police are NOT around to protect us, and constantly attacking and demonizing them when they do so. Now that they have removed law enforcement as our means of defense, they want to complete the job. They want to ensure that innocent people are disarmed, have no means of defense against violent criminals, and are completely at their mercy. Can't risk having a criminal hurt by his victim now, can we?

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU VOTE DEMOCRAT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 03:20 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Maybe we can start by restricting the govt from banning or restricting guns? That would be very reasonable.

Great idea.....but why does it sound so familiar?

Old 08-31-2020, 03:22 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
There is no "reasonable restriction" That's why we hat the 2nd Amendment!

They are idiots!

Old 08-31-2020, 03:26 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
You can wear your tinfoil hats if you like. I have no issue with a NICS check.

If you think the NICS check isn't being used as a defacto registry, I have a bridge I'd be willing to sell you..... CHEAP!!

Old 08-31-2020, 03:44 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If you think the NICS check isn't being used as a defacto registry, I have a bridge I'd be willing to sell you..... CHEAP!!
How are they doing that when the serial number is not transmitted to ATF and kept only on the 4473 in paper form at the dealer? It is illegal to digitize it. The NICS is supposed to be destroying any record that a check was made within 24 hours of approval by law.

Edit - I am highly ticked that ATF removed the ability to forgo a check for LE.

Old 08-31-2020, 03:52 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
The Left always pushes further. There is nothing reasonable about them.

After their behavior during Trump's first term, I don't see a single benefit to negotiating with them on any issue whatsover.

Discussions with them on all issues are pointless, going forward. No ground should be ceded whatsoever, when possible. The next month it will be more ground, and more after that. Dicussions with them are functionally over. Its time to gain ground back on all issues when possible, and to otherwise quietly push our politicians and legislation through.

Old 08-31-2020, 03:55 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Looks like the Democrats are renewing their demand for "reasonable restrictions" on guns
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, I kind of lost it there for a minute.

I guess they didn't get the memo.

The debate about the 2nd Amendment is OVER.

Hardcore anti-gunners have COMPLETELY FLIPPED on the issue.

We've gained MILLIONS of new gun owners and ALL OF US are hyper-aware of our rights during this time.

Anything they pass will not be supported by the People at large, and will potentially be political suicide for whomever votes for/passes/signs it.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:50 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddle Space View Post
This discussion is stupid. No one is taking guns. The only solution to gun violence is to reduce the number of guns in the streets,
Uh-huh. I assume you mean by making laws of some kind?

When you do that, the only ones who will obey them are the law-aiding citizens. But they're not the ones causing the problems in the first place.

Murderers, robbers, muggers, rapists etc. are already not obeying laws. What makes you think they will obey your new laws?

The result of your laws will be that law-abiding people have fewer guns, while criminals will have as many as they did before.

GREAT idea.

P.S. But you were right about one thing. It is a stupid idea.

Old 08-31-2020, 07:07 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
How are they doing that when the serial number is not transmitted to ATF and kept only on the 4473 in paper form at the dealer? It is illegal to digitize it. The NICS is supposed to be destroying any record that a check was made within 24 hours of approval by law.

Edit - I am highly ticked that ATF removed the ability to forgo a check for LE.
The ATF frequently photographs the 4473's during inspections of FFL's.

Old 08-31-2020, 09:07 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The ATF frequently photographs the 4473's during inspections of FFL's.
Where are you getting this information? I know for a fact our local shops would raise cain if this happened without a specific reasonable cause.

Last edited by redwood66; 08-31-2020 at 09:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies