Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2020, 12:08 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times

Advertisements

What do you bet he is a career violent felon, like the 3 that were shot in Kenosha?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 12:11 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times
None of us knows who fired the fatal shot. Let's wait until the investigation is complete.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:26 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38FPOPC6bP8

This is a Trump supporter rally - see the difference? No violence - no looting - they aren't even set off by the left activists. Now compare that to BLM rallies and how a good majority of those end up.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:31 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
The murder opens up the door for Trump to send in people that can get Portland under control despite the violent desires of the Portland mayor and Oregon Governor !!!

Think about that !!!

Trump calls the tune and everyone in Portland and Oregon sings John Lennon's song "Imagine" !!!

Old 08-30-2020, 12:39 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
BLM is shooting itself in the foot. They are losing the soft support of many people who were generally sympathetic but the mass violence and killings have destroyed the message.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:40 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,789,903 times
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBgt4xAFmZ4/

Here's his instagram link

Old 08-30-2020, 12:42 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
Default Contrast this with Kenosha

Kyle Rittenhouse walked toward police with his hands up after the three shootings. The police bypassed him for whatever reason. He turned himself in the next morning in Antioch, IL.

Now, for Portland
Quote:
Justin Dunlap told NBC News that he saw the victim facing two people when he heard the shots. He said he did not see the gun being fired because mace was sprayed at the same time.

The victim turned "took a few steps, then fell face down," said Dunlap, 44, adding that the two people facing him ran from the scene.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...sters-n1238802

What are we to make of one shooter apparently trying to surrender and does the next morning, and two other [? one or two] shooters turn and run?

Old 08-30-2020, 02:05 PM

515 posts, read 252,879 times
alright, I've got a few updates... (sorry if someone's already reported one of these, but it takes a minute to compile the info)

- Joe Biden releases a statement, condemns the violence, asks Trump to do the same; the responses from Oregon Gov. Kate Brown and Trump are also included in the link
(https://katu.com/news/local/oregon-g...tland-shooting)
- Multnomah County Chair Deborah Kafoury blames murder of a Trump supporter on 'white supremacy'
(https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/4...otest-shooting)
- Andy Ngo (the reporter who has covered Portland) says that Antifa accounts are soliciting for donations to buy riot gear on Venmo and Cashapp; another person on Twitter that is verified (Code of Vets) says that through a source they have found out both Antifa groups in Portland and Austin have received large caches of weapons
(you can find this on their twitter pages)
- #TrumpRiots and #TrumpViolence are both trending on Twitter; many blame the president for 'divisive rhetoric'
(this is on twitter)
- I watched the video (wish I didn't have to), and you can hear someone say clearly "Hey, we got ___ over here" or something like that followed by 2 gunshots... you can't really tell what the blank is in the clip, or at least I couldn't
(there is one source on Twitter that has 100K+ views on different accounts)
- Andy Ngo has a video on his account on Twitter that shows a large group of people (believed to be Antifa) cheer after the leader says it was a Nazi killed
(again on his Twitter)
- the anonymous board 4chan believes they have identified the guy who killed the victim, a 48 year old guy with a BLM tattoo on his neck

I apologize if any of what I said was unfactual, I tried to use reliable sources but you never know with Twitter. A lot of people dispute Ngo and say he is a guy looking for stuff for right-wing outlets, so you don't really know.

Last edited by ncstateofmind; 08-30-2020 at 02:14 PM..

Old 08-30-2020, 02:16 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
Thx ncstofmind. Not sure of what to make of the absence of our left of center posters commenting, bring information, disputing posts. Just, relative silence.

Old 08-30-2020, 02:31 PM

515 posts, read 252,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Thx ncstofmind. Not sure of what to make of the absence of our left of center posters commenting, bring information, disputing posts. Just, relative silence.
look i wasnt trying to slant news one way or another, just trying to bring it down the center. I'm not trying to agitate one group or the other into a fight. Just trying to show what has been going on.

As far as what I think of it I don't like the violence but that isn't enough to sway me to the other side, as I still think that the Biden/Harris ticket will probably do better in the field of cleaning up police brutality. However, like I said, I try to stay moderate on this issue and the fact that anyone dies in these protests is not good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies