Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 07:10 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Biggest scam in modern times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 07:11 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
I'm not one to dabble in conspiracy theory but I have to admit that this is really strange:

So the majority of deaths classified as "covid-19 deaths" (roughly 94% of them to be exact) may actually be from other serious pre-existing medical issues and not covid-19 itself. Now I was thinking in my head that the majority of covid-19 deaths were mainly from the covid-19 itself, but that may not be the case at all.

I feel like we're being deceived.
This should put the nail in the coffin for ANYONE suggesting any more nationwide lockdowns.

Old 08-30-2020, 07:16 AM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
I'm not one to dabble in conspiracy theory but I have to admit that this is really strange:

So the majority of deaths classified as "covid-19 deaths" (roughly 94% of them to be exact) may actually be from other serious pre-existing medical issues and not covid-19 itself. Now I was thinking in my head that the majority of covid-19 deaths were mainly from the covid-19 itself, but that may not be the case at all.

I feel like we're being deceived.
Nothing strange about it at all. Half the country has one or more of those comorbitities. If you have a comorbidity, get the virus, and die, it was the virus that killed you, just as if you had comorbidities, caught bacterial pneumonia, and died.

The virus is taking years off of people's lives.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/people...ry?id=70511494

Old 08-30-2020, 07:17 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
If a bee stings you while you are driving, you loose control of the car and you crash and die. Is the bee sting responsible, or the crash? You remove either factor and you live. So which is to blame?

They are both factors. If you remove COVID from the equation, 183,000 people just might still be alive. Do you discount COVID just because of your political agenda or is it a factor? That would be pretty ignorant because I have never dealt with a patient whose underlying illness was their belief unless it was mental illness.
Look at the cost though. I’m not taking a side on this debate until more is known but man...look at the businesses and livelihoods lost and families ruined and apparently to save a lot of already sick people? Seems we dropped the ball on protecting the vulnerable properly in favor of shutting everything down?

That’s the way it’s starting to look.

Old 08-30-2020, 07:18 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
If you remove COVID from the equation, 183,000 people just might still be alive.
If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you;

Most of those 183,000 were already ill due to other factors, and may of those factors -- cigarette smoking, to name just one, were under their control.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 08-30-2020 at 07:56 AM..

Old 08-30-2020, 07:18 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Trump fired Faucci and got someone in there that would tell the truth.

It took him long enough but I suspect he did it for election reasons... now the truth is coming out.

Old 08-30-2020, 07:21 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Biggest scam in modern times.
Now let's make certain that the worshipers of the Braying Jackass answer for it come November!

Old 08-30-2020, 07:23 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
No one is saying those numbers are a lie. The point is that those who died are some of the sickest among us - not so much healthy folks. We didn’t need to shut everyone in, just the elderly and those with chronic conditions.

Given this new data, we should be fully reopening for those places that have t yet, and we need to get our kids back to in-person learning.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/29/us/un...rnd/index.html

1000 cases at University of Alabama

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/co...245331395.html

Over 1000 cases at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...ly-instruction

Colleges are shutting down dorms and students have to move out after being in class for 2 weeks or less.

Yet you believe "we should be fully reopening those places" and "get our kids back to in-person learning".

Old 08-30-2020, 07:24 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Nothing strange about it at all. Half the country has one or more of those comorbitities. If you have a comorbidity, get the virus, and die, it was the virus that killed you, just as if you had comorbidities, caught bacterial pneumonia, and died.

The virus is taking years off of people's lives.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/people...ry?id=70511494
But healthy people who get the virus aren't dying, generally speaking.
So it's the comorbidities that account for the biggest difference in outcome.

If anything this should be a wake up call about the state of our nation's health.
There's far too many obese, diabetic, and generally unhealthy people who live unhealthy lifestyles.

It has nothing to do with healthcare coverage or the virus, it mainly has to do with personal responsibility and lifestyle choices.

Old 08-30-2020, 07:25 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you;

Most of those 183,000 were already ill due to other factors, and may of those factors -- cigarette smoking, to name just one, were under their control.

Deflection is a wonderful tool to obscure the original lie of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies