Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 11:47 AM

8,235 posts, read 3,492,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Considering the fact that people were tested with tests that often gave incorrect results, and that people that aren't ill don't go and get tested for something like the flu, I don't think it is more easily transmitted. I think there is a lot of false data. If everyone during flu season went and got tested whether they thought they had the flu or not, imagine how many more cases there would be. Think about it. I read that early tests were about 30% accurate, and people have been testing both positive and negative in the same day.

Projected was 1 million in the US, if we took steps to mitigate it, and 2 million death in the US, if we didn't, and honestly, we really didn't take that many steps, especially as it became clear that the numbers being spewed were so far off.

Oddly, this did mirror Plan 201, a tabletop exercise by Bill Gates and his eugenics crew, so did they get anxious to give it a try? Fauci was connected with the lab in Wuhan. This was in the Fall of 2019. After reading that, I really had a lot of thoughts about what was going on.

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity..../scenario.html

From the article:

"Event 201 simulates an outbreak of a novel zoonotic coronavirus transmitted from bats to pigs to people that eventually becomes efficiently transmissible from person to person, leading to a severe pandemic. The pathogen and the disease it causes are modeled largely on SARS, but it is more transmissible in the community setting by people with mild symptoms."
Yes, it should be obvious by now that it came from that lab. This whole thing was intentional, and these people are going to get away with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 11:48 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
You’re actually gullible enough to believe that?
Well,you are gullible to believe a LOT of stuff you post about.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:49 AM

8,235 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Just goes to show you can't always believe the "experts and scientists"."

Been saying it for YEARS when the dems say repubs "don't believe in science", over global warming first, now climate change.

Can't wait for the dem hypocrites to start chiming in.
These are the same ones who think XX chromosomes could sometimes mean a man trapped in a woman's body and XY chromosomes could sometimes mean a woman trapped in a man's body.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:51 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right news and opinion website. The website is known for publishing falsehoods and spreading hoaxes.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases

As OF 8/30/2020 at 0817

USA
TOTAL CASES

USA
TOTAL DEATHS

USA
Cases in Last 7 Days

All conservatives have are lies because the truth about them hurts.
Your chart is a little old, by about 8 MONTHS.

"Reported to the CDC since January 21, 2020"

All liberals have are lies because the truth about them hurts.

Old 09-02-2020, 12:07 PM

37,103 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
We will see, but believe what you like. The CDC quietly releasing updated numbers says a lot.
I know some jurisdictions have been doing it wrong, but it is from ignorance or incompetence rather than deliberate deception.

Since it is right there on the CDC site you can hardly claim there is anything quiet about it. It just quantifies what was already known: most, but not all, who die have one or more pre-existing conditions. Unfortunately, most Americans have one or more of those pre-existing conditions, with about three fourths being overweight, and over half of those, obese.

Old 09-02-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Considering the fact that people were tested with tests that often gave incorrect results, and that people that aren't ill don't go and get tested for something like the flu, I don't think it is more easily transmitted. I think there is a lot of false data. If everyone during flu season went and got tested whether they thought they had the flu or not, imagine how many more cases there would be. Think about it. I read that early tests were about 30% accurate, and people have been testing both positive and negative in the same day.
Testing has nothing to do with how transmissible it is. That is an inherent feature of the virus.

Quote:
Projected was 1 million in the US, if we took steps to mitigate it, and 2 million death in the US, if we didn't, and honestly, we really didn't take that many steps, especially as it became clear that the numbers being spewed were so far off.
Source?

Quote:
Oddly, this did mirror Plan 201, a tabletop exercise by Bill Gates and his eugenics crew, so did they get anxious to give it a try? Fauci was connected with the lab in Wuhan. This was in the Fall of 2019. After reading that, I really had a lot of thoughts about what was going on.

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity..../scenario.html

From the article:

"Event 201 simulates an outbreak of a novel zoonotic coronavirus transmitted from bats to pigs to people that eventually becomes efficiently transmissible from person to person, leading to a severe pandemic. The pathogen and the disease it causes are modeled largely on SARS, but it is more transmissible in the community setting by people with mild symptoms."
It was Event 201, not Plan 201. Stop implying that somehow the exercise was a plan to cause a pandemic. Experts have been warning that another coronavirus like SARS or MERS would emerge ever since SARS and MERS did emerge.

Event 201 was hosted by Johns Hopkins University. The Gates Foundation was one of the supporters. Bill Gates is not a eugenicist. Advocation of slower world population growth is not eugenics.

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity....-Event201.html

"To be clear, the Center for Health Security and partners did not make a prediction during our tabletop exercise. For the scenario, we modeled a fictional coronavirus pandemic, but we explicitly stated that it was not a prediction. Instead, the exercise served to highlight preparedness and response challenges that would likely arise in a very severe pandemic. We are not now predicting that the nCoV-2019 outbreak will kill 65 million people. Although our tabletop exercise included a mock novel coronavirus, the inputs we used for modeling the potential impact of that fictional virus are not similar to nCoV-2019."

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
This is the problem.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/...providers.html

Today, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is processing payments from the Provider Relief Fund to hospitals with large numbers of COVID-19 inpatient admissions through April 10, 2020, and to rural providers in support of the national response to COVID-19.

I have personal experience with statistics maintained by interested parties. I would not step on the ground floor on lumber cut with those numbers. Its not even a question of it being inflated. Its simply how much.
Medicare fraud has stiff penalties, and it eventually gets uncovered. It could result in loss of the ability to admit Medicare patients. That would put most hospitals out of business.

The number is more likely to be an under count than inflated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Your chart is a little old, by about 8 MONTHS.

"Reported to the CDC since January 21, 2020"

All liberals have are lies because the truth about them hurts.
Since is the operative word. It is "As OF 8/30/2020 at 0817".

Old 09-02-2020, 01:34 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
...Since is the operative word. It is "As OF 8/30/2020 at 0817".
Right? It literally says starting on Jan 21st, through Aug 30th.

Someone needs to brush up on their reading comprehension.

Old 09-08-2020, 09:17 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Just wrong. I have HBP, and I am not gravely ill, but Covid will still probably kill me. I am also pre diabetic so I have to watch what I eat.

I am also 120 lbs and can run a mile easily, I have strong muscle definition.

There are plenty of people like me. Healthy, in shape, but with metabolic conditions.

I have all kinds of medical problems. The doctors laugh saying I am the healthiest sick person they have met.
This is encouraging.

I entered the hospital in early February this year with congestive heart failure; spent a day less than three weeks in there, the first four days in intensive care. I contracted Covid 19 within days of my release, suspecting all the while that I was one of the first here to contract it, days or weeks before the virus became a real issue. I passed it on to my spouse.

Much of the information here has been quite helpful, although I am far from the healthiest sick person my doctors ever met.

Old 09-08-2020, 09:55 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is what we shut down the country for.
Obviously, you didn't understand what you read.

COVID-19 progresses quite rapidly to viral pneumonia (which is different from bacterial pneumonia).

If you die of viral pneumonia, then the cause of death is pneumonia, but the contributing factor is COVID-19.

Why? Because if you didn't have COVID-19, then you wouldn't have gotten viral pneumonia.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Obviously, you didn't understand what you read.

COVID-19 progresses quite rapidly to viral pneumonia (which is different from bacterial pneumonia).

If you die of viral pneumonia, then the cause of death is pneumonia, but the contributing factor is COVID-19.

Why? Because if you didn't have COVID-19, then you wouldn't have gotten viral pneumonia.
COVID-19 is the disease caused by the virus, SARS-CoV-2. It is the virus that causes the pneumonia, which is one of the defining criteria of COVID-19.

If you die of the pneumonia, the cause is the virus, and COVID-19 (the disease) is used on the death certificate.

Contributing factors are conditions that may affect the clinical course but which are not in the direct chain of events leading to death.

Example:

COVID-19 -> pneumonia -> acute respiratory distress syndrome -> respiratory failure
Contributing factors: obesity, hypertension, diabetes, COPD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies