Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 08:57 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It was just like 2016. The DNC both then and now was so anti-Trump that it offered nothing positive and of substance for Americans. Sure, President Trump attacked Democrats both then and now, but there was also plenty of positivity at the RNC both in 2016 and this year.

Note, when I brought up the DNC's extreme negativity to one of my leftist friends, his response was that they "had to be" in order to bring attention to "Trump's crimes"
Yup. The Dems thought that being "anti-Trump" would be enough to win the election, but now they have being "pro-riots" (or at least enabling them) added into the mix. They're running scared at this point.

As far as "Trump's crimes," my brother told me his neighbor practically hissed at him and asked how he could vote "for someone who murdered 180,000 people." These people are deranged, truly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 08:59 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Biden is between a rock and a hard place. If he stays hidden in his basement, it just looks like....well....he's too scared of revealing himself to the public. But OTOH, if he does go out and speak off the cuff, answering reporters' questions....well....he WILL reveal himself to the public.

He's trying to split the difference and stall, hence the claim that he will leave his basement in 10 days. (It will have been three weeks since his speech at the DNC.) It's simply a stall tactic to limit the time before Election Day in which he will be showing how cognitively impaired he is.
Biden seems to be operating around the premise that "It is better to keep your mouth closed and appear stupid, than to open it and remove the doubt".

It is a difficult situation that the Dems have put themselves in here.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:05 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yup. The Dems thought that being "anti-Trump" would be enough to win the election, but now they have being "pro-riots" (or at least enabling them) added into the mix. They're running scared at this point.

As far as "Trump's crimes," my brother told me his neighbor practically hissed at him and asked how he could vote "for someone who murdered 180,000 people." These people are deranged, truly.
Wow. They really aren't dealing with a full deck of cards here. That's amazing. I'd say that I blame the lockdowns on many people just losing it, but they are behaving just as they did in 2016, too.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:07 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It was just like 2016. The DNC both then and now was so anti-Trump that it offered nothing positive and of substance for Americans. Sure, President Trump attacked Democrats both then and now, but there was also plenty of positivity at the RNC both in 2016 and this year.

Note, when I brought up the DNC's extreme negativity to one of my leftist friends, his response was that they "had to be" in order to bring attention to "Trump's crimes"
Exactly. Democrats platform is anti-Trump; the Republicans propose plans for a more prosperous country for ALL Americans.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:17 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
I wish it weren't so, but I agree with them. If Biden wins, I will be totally shocked.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:21 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

The Republicans know how to campaign and they know how to take control of any issue currently in the news.

The Ds never have a clue.

Son and I knew in July of 2016 D Trump would be the next POTUS. That feeling remains.
They have a clue.....they just cultivated the wrong base

They can't say what Americans want to hear...and what it would take to win.....and not alienate that base

...and by not saying....they are alienating everyone else...the votes they need to win

Old 08-30-2020, 09:22 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Sometimes I wonder why Bill Maher stays with the left. He is the guy who had a show about political incorrectness, once upon a time. He is for free speech, and more like a libertarian than a leftist. Or a liberal of 30 years ago, but not today's liberal.

But I think both Moore and Maher have a better sense of things than the DNC. If they want to win the election, they need to distance themselves from the woke left and BLM, and make a real play for the center and independents. But after a summer of violent riots, the damage might already be done.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:29 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
My 90 year old mom, who is living unassisted, watched both debates. She votes Democrat usually but even she was impressed with the Republican convention. In her opinion, the Republican convention was positive, inspiring and featured some great speeches. The Democrats, otoh, were whining and attacking Trump.
I agree, from what I saw of both. The RNC were serious about including people of all races, and the messaging was generally forward-thinking and unifying. There was nothing stopping the Democrats from having a convention like that. Similar to Bernie's "A Future to Believe In" four years ago, but they had to keep with the "Trump is Bad" message that we've heard non-stop for four years.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:33 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Sometimes I wonder why Bill Maher stays with the left. He is the guy who had a show about political incorrectness, once upon a time. He is for free speech, and more like a libertarian than a leftist. Or a liberal of 30 years ago, but not today's liberal.

But I think both Moore and Maher have a better sense of things than the DNC. If they want to win the election, they need to distance themselves from the woke left and BLM, and make a real play for the center and independents. But after a summer of violent riots, the damage might already be done.
The word "Liberal" comes from the same root word as "Liberty". Over in Europe, "Liberals" are people on the right who value liberty, democracy and the rights of the individual.

Leftism is about centralized control. The Marxist/Fascist/Progressive left, which is what our left is now, is about totalitarian control. The word "Totalitarian" comes from the same root word as "Total". And that is what they are after. TOTAL control.

Leftists are not "Liberals," in fact, they are pretty much the opposite of that.

The Democrats are not "democratic," as we have witnessed by their response to the two most recent Republican presidents that have been elected, both of which they attacked as illegitimate and took aggressive actions to have the results of those elections effectively overthrown.

The so-called "Progressives" are not at all about "Progress". What they are advocating by their actions - government by mob violence, depravity, incivility - are all extremely old. Thousands of years - and not new at all. Our country was formed as an effort to rise above all of that. They want to regress us back to it. Their agenda is regressive, not progressive.

The deceitful way that leftists misuse words and people's natural inclination to trust the words that they hear is deeply disturbing. This pattern of behavior must be realized and rejected for the deceitfulness that it is.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:45 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
Exactly. Democrats platform is anti-Trump; the Republicans propose plans for a more prosperous country for ALL Americans.
What plan? They had no platform. More of the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies