Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 02:01 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,148,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
In 2016, there were several people who actually did correctly predict - more than a few days in advance - that Donald Trump was going to beat Hillary Clinton. One of those was Michael Moore, an extreme far-left documentary film maker.

Mr. Moore has come out on his Facebook page to announce that it is getting ready to happen again:

But the "experts" are all saying that Joe Biden is winning and is sure to win! Deja vu anyone?

According to Michael Moore, '“enthusiasm for Trump is off the charts” in key areas compared with the Democratic party nominee, Joe Biden'. That is correct. Almost nobody has any enthusiasm for Joe Biden.

Bill Maher is offering similar observations, which I will post on below.
Moore is right......although the country is covered up in Biden/Harris signs........ooh wait......maybe not so much........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 02:04 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,400,982 times
Who told these guys they we political geniuses? They are a joke

Old 08-30-2020, 02:05 PM

25,427 posts, read 9,747,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
And when is Trump going to address the concerns of ordinary people? He's had the last 3 1/2 years to do that!
Agreed. But the Dems need to do it for sure. Don't get me wrong, no matter what they do or don't do, I'm voting for Biden.

Old 08-30-2020, 02:22 PM

826 posts, read 243,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I predicted Trump's win in 2016 (my friends and relatives were shocked, I wasn't). I cringe to say this, but I believe Trump will win 2020. I still plan on voting (for Biden), but he will not win. The enthusiasm just is not there, like it is with Trump's base.

Biden needs to come out the basement and start talking about JOBS JOBS JOBS! He needs to talk about healthcare, too, but millions will lose theirs if Trump wins.
I don't think talking Jobs will help Biden. Trump has a record to run on and he did incredibly well with jobs. To deny that would be silly. Biden will have to pick a different topic.

Old 08-30-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Hillary had bigger leads in some of these swing states the day before the election than Biden has now. As a Democrat, I hope the party wakes up and stops the urban terrorists destroying our cities or Trump wins again.
Why will you still vote Democrat when you are admitting what the Democrats are all about now?

Old 08-30-2020, 02:30 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,933,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The Republicans know how to campaign and they know how to take control of any issue currently in the news.
Absolutely. That is why 2018 is so important today. Yep. The Repubs got it all tied up.

Old 08-30-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Trump won't win without Russia's help. That's how he won in 2016. I read somewhere that in one of their phone calls Putin complained to Trump, "Shut down the g**damn post offices. We can't hack mail-in ballots." Then DeJoy appeared.
You guys still going on about the imaginary Russian thing? Maybe it's time for you to move onto something else? On second thought, keep on it and maybe it will work out the same way again.

What are your thoughts on China siding with Biden and his son?

Old 08-30-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Many people feel the same about a Trump presidency and the same sense of urgency to vote him out of office.
But Trump has a record as President in which the economy did great, minorities did even better, 70% of jobs went to women, no new wars and no one took away a women's right to kill innocent human life. None of your fears came to be.

Old 08-30-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
And when is Trump going to address the concerns of ordinary people? He's had the last 3 1/2 years to do that!
He addressed all of mine and I am quite happy.

Old 08-30-2020, 02:42 PM

6,458 posts, read 4,039,484 times
I was shocked when Trump won because I went to sleep early that day and Hilary seemed to be ahead albeit the states that had come in so far where more liberal locations, so when I woke up I was shocked she hadn’t clinched it. I also thought that she was gonna win the vote 100% and the electoral college would be a shoe in because of that but I was wrong on the 2nd assumption. Trump can win again but I feel like Biden will definitely get more votes than Hilary so it’s just seeing if Trump gets more turnout and if Trump can win despite my prediction of more votes for Biden. Maybe Biden will get more votes in states like Texas and California, places he’s hopelessly behind or hopelessly ahead so Texas will barely go red and California will just even more blue which could mean a Trump victory again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies