Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 01:56 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’m IN the community. You probably do everything you can to avoid being ANYWHERE NEAR the community. I’m at the barbershop, the cookouts (pre-COVID anyway), fraternity, my car club, black AMVETS chapter, black Twitter, black this and black that...and so is my son and all of my siblings. I’m immersed in the tribal goings on. I go where you can’t. I’m in conversations that you can’t join.

You can bring up all of Allen West’s Political children till you’re blue in the face. Trump will top out at 8% at best if he’s lucky.
You must be hanging out with old heads and in an echo chamber cause I'm also IN the community and at the barbershop, at the cookouts, on black twitter, black forums, black insta, and all I hear and see are Democrats getting dragged left and right (mostly by ADOS) for still not coming up with any real tangible policies specifically aimed at the black community for progress. Especially for decreasing the wealth gap which Democrats have failed to do for more than 60 years now. "Get Trump out" is not a damn platform and the black vote is no longer for free. Social media has exposed the nonsense and I'm here for it.

Last edited by allenk893; 08-30-2020 at 02:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 02:01 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Oh yes it is. The narrative's changing whether you want to admit it or not. You're not reading the room.

Isn’t that the girl that would walk around her college campus with an AR-15, to “trigger the libs”? I mean I like hearing about other perspectives, but couldn’t they choose someone better to get the message across?

At the end of the day, we will have to see the election results to gauge how effective Trump’s message is with Black voters.

Old 08-30-2020, 02:04 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Lol..what else is she gonna say? That Trump has ZERO appeal to blacks? She’s a Trump myrmidon. That’s what she’s supposed to say.

She’s lying thru her teeth, but that’s beside the point.
Klacik's presence, in the greater scheme of things, isn't really to appeal to black voters. It's to show and reassure white moderate suburban voters who are a bit uncomfortable with Trump's antics that the party "isn't racist." That was part of the themes at the RNC last week.

Old 08-30-2020, 02:09 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Lol..what else is she gonna say? That Trump has ZERO appeal to blacks? She’s a Trump myrmidon. That’s what she’s supposed to say.

The narrative's been changing. You're not reading the room. You're in an echo chamber.

In the past, all these black people would have been saying the same thing hoping on a wing and prayer for Democrats. That's not happening this time.

Old 08-30-2020, 02:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Oh yes it is. The narrative's changing whether you want to admit it or not. You're not reading the room.

I’m in the room. Hell, I am the damn room.

If the narrative is changing so much, why are all these conservative posters making these blatantly anti African American posts on CD if we’re coming around to their view?

Gimme a break.
Quote:
You must be hanging out with old heads and in an echo chamber cause I'm also IN the community and at the barbershop, at the cookouts, on black twitter, black forums, black insta, and all I hear and see are Democrats getting dragged left and right (mostly by ADOS) for still not coming up with any real tangible policies specifically aimed at the black community for progress. Especially for decreasing the wealth gap which Democrats have failed to do for more than 60 years now. "Get Trump out" is not a damn platform and the black vote is no longer for free. Social media has exposed the nonsense and I'm here for it.
Whatever dude!! LMAO...I’m sure you’ll rack up rep points from the white conservatives on CD with that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Klacik's presence, in the greater scheme of things, isn't really to appeal to black voters. It's to show and reassure white moderate suburban voters who are a bit uncomfortable with Trump's antics that the party "isn't racist." That was part of the themes at the RNC last week.
Best post in the thread!!! Bingo!

Old 08-30-2020, 03:21 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
I’m in the room. Hell, I am the damn room.

If the narrative is changing so much, why are all these conservative posters making these blatantly anti African American posts on CD if we’re coming around to their view?

Gimme a break.

Whatever dude!! LMAO...I’m sure you’ll rack up rep points from the white conservatives on CD with that one.

Best post in the thread!!! Bingo!
What "anti-African American posts" are you referring to? I was making pro-African American posts. If anyone has been making posts that are denigrating African Americans, it is you, with your monolithic black race rhetoric.

Old 08-30-2020, 03:24 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Kim Klacik's presence is targeted - by her - first and foremost at the constituents of the Baltimore congressional district that she is running in this election. Here is one of her campaign ads. Watch this and you tell me who you think she is talking to:

As anyone can see quite clearly, she is speaking primarily to black people in her district and secondarily to black people across the country.

Old 08-30-2020, 03:40 PM

826 posts, read 244,078 times
Quote:
That Trump’s message is resonating with African Americans. It isn’t. You’ll see.
You say it's not, yet the recent polling has Trump getting a 41% approval rating from blacks. I hope he keeps failing like that, because it won't be long before he has the majority of blacks approving of him.

Old 08-30-2020, 03:47 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:

Is Vernon Jones lying between his teeth too? How about Herschel Walker who has been friends with Trump for 30+ years?

The spell has been broken, the Dems failed to deliver for 50+ years, so what do they have to lose?

They don't want your stink'n handouts. They are better, and prouder, than that.

Old 08-30-2020, 03:52 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:

I know, I know, she stepped off of the plantation, she just ain't black enough..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies