Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 03:53 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That Trump’s message is resonating with African Americans. It isn’t. You’ll see.
OK, so one black person didn't get the message. Keep reading and watching, perhaps you will eventually get the message..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 03:55 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
Quote:
I’m IN the community. You probably do everything you can to avoid being ANYWHERE NEAR the community. I’m at the barbershop, the cookouts (pre-COVID anyway), fraternity, my car club, black AMVETS chapter, black Twitter, black this and black that...and so is my son and all of my siblings. I’m immersed in the tribal goings on. I go where you can’t. I’m in conversations that you can’t join.

You can bring up all of Allen West’s Political children till you’re blue in the face. Trump will top out at 8% at best if he’s lucky.
For you to say that only 8% of blacks are intelligent is racist...

Old 08-30-2020, 03:56 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Yeeeeaaaah. Thing is, it’s NOT resonating.

But thanks for your contribution to the discourse.
So ... you claim to know the approx 43,000,00 blacks in America personally and know what they think and whether or not it resonates?

Old 08-30-2020, 03:57 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
If Trump captures even just 12% of the black vote, it’s all over but the crying!

Old 08-30-2020, 03:58 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
So ... you claim to know the approx 43,000,00 blacks in America personally and know what they think and whether or not it resonates?
He seems to know how all blacks think. It’s like Biden said, blacks aren’t diverse like Latinos.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:07 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
He seems to know how all blacks think. It’s like Biden said, blacks aren’t diverse like Latinos.

If I was AA I'd be so damn insulted if someone said I would be voting for Biden simply because of the color of my skin.

Old 08-30-2020, 04:41 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
...............As anyone can see quite clearly, she is speaking primarily to black people in her district and secondarily to black people across the country.
I think she understand the priority perfectly. Get elected by the 700,000 people in her district FIRST, and then set about making national policy which insure that ALL Americans get a chance at success.
ALL!

Old 08-30-2020, 04:52 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
If Trump captures even just 12% of the black vote, it’s all over but the crying!
You speak words of wisdom.
Take Philadelphia County, PA. Trump won the state by 46,000 votes.

Hillary - 584,000 votes; Trump - 108,000 votes.
Biden will not get any more votes than Hillary, and may get far fewer. Trump will have been able to convert some D votes. So his numbers will improve. He won't WIN Philadelphia County, but he will pick up votes beyond what he got in 2016 (108,000).
67 counties in PA. Trump took 56 of them, Hillary got the rest. Some of them, like Bucks County (also Philadelphia) were very close.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_U...n_Pennsylvania

Old 08-30-2020, 05:29 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bal...inority-voters

I hope she wins the election — Baltimore really needs a leader like her.

So refreshing to see more and more conservative blacks who don’t relate or aspire to the gansta thug victim mentality and anarchist culture of democrats.
Bartiromo asked Klacik what she believes “the Trump administration has done for the minority communities?”

“This is an administration that actually has real results coming into the community,” Klacik, who suggested that Democrats don't care about Black voters in a viral campaign ad and took aim at Joe Biden in her speech during the first night of the RNC, said In her speech at the Republican Convention, Klacik accused the Democratic nominee of believing that Black Americans "can't think for ourselves."

...”A lot of people don’t talk about the fact that the criminal justice reform is something that many Black Americans thought President Obama would tackle. He failed to do that,” Klacik said on Sunday. “He didn’t even attempt to do it.”

In Dec. 2018, President Trump signed a sweeping criminal justice reform bill, marking a major legislative victory on an issue that garnered bipartisan support. The decisive passage marked a win for Trump ...
....”What they need is skills and training when they come out because they can actually apply then for careers, not just jobs and that’s what we need in the area, we need careers,” she said.

She noted that President Trump is “doing much more with ‘Opportunity Zones.’”
.... He’s hit $75 billion thus far, he’s going to do even more in these communities and neighborhoods that Democrats left to decay and some of those neighborhoods are right there in Baltimore city so people see results when it comes to President Trump,” Klacik said.

One thing is that trump openly calls them "the blacks" or my "AA supporters". He showcases his few black appointed officials/Cabinet when he needs their vote. Otherwise, his inner circle and Cabinet is 95% white. He does this instead of appointing a bunch of talented people, some of whom happen to be black. The ONLY Repub POTUS that put this into action was George W Bush. The RNC was a Juneteenth reunion, a majority of black sycophants except for the trump family.

His support of the white supremacist supporters in Charlottesville also bothers me. I wonder if ANY of the black men brought that up to the POTUS? trump may offer some financial incentives for these men, but he also seems to support people who antagonize black men. How do they reconcile that?

Old 08-30-2020, 06:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
OK, so one black person didn't get the message. Keep reading and watching, perhaps you will eventually get the message..
The problem is that I got the message, and it’s a disaster.

Half of white America doesn’t like him, so why should I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
For you to say that only 8% of blacks are intelligent is racist...
You don’t even realize what you just said here.

I’ll give you credit for efficiency though. You only needed to type one sentence to explain why blacks hate Republicans.

Good job.
Quote:
No. I just know a million times better than you do.
Quote:
If I was AA I'd be so damn insulted if someone said I would be voting for Biden simply because of the color of my skin.
We know how to be outraged and insulted without your help or suggestion. Thanks, but no thanks.
Quote:
That should make you happy. After all, you Conservatives hate diversity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies