Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 01:14 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I live in Los Angeles and we had riots in the early days of GeorgeFloyd riot.

LA City mayor placed a curfew and unshackled LAPD.
Deployed National Guard.
Made arrest of the curfew violators.

LA hasn't seen any major riots since June.
Good to know we still have sane Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 01:15 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,951,679 times
its not just arresting people its actually holding them to the fullest extent the law allows and filing charges against everybody who riots. The main problem we have now is even when rioters have been arrested they have been released. Basically no consequences to their actions. It's amazing when you start holding people responsible for their actions their actions start improving. Sounds like such a novel concept for some but my parents made sure i had that figured out by age 5. And i might have been a little slow.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:17 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
its not just arresting people its actually holding them to the fullest extent the law allows and filing charges against everybody who riots. The main problem we have now is even when rioters have been arrested they have been released. Basically no consequences to their actions. It's amazing when you start holding people responsible for their actions their actions start improving. Sound like such a novel concept for some but my parents made sure i had that figured out by age 5. And i might have been a little slow.
Yeah, darn Constitution!

Old 08-30-2020, 01:17 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
If it's local authorities that arrest then Federal agents dont' seem to be crucial, it's just city policy

Regardless, according to your plan a lot of arrests are made after a curfew, say 150 and they get an unlawful Assembly charge.
What is the average about of people protesting now in Portland each night? I'll guess 400

So once these curfew arrests are made the protesters who don't go every night are pissed off and they show up the next night 5,000 people. It's not easy to arrest large numbers of people, say that get a few hundred.
Is this really ending the demonstrations?
Why not add some Covid fines onto that? In California, they are fining a church 5 grand for each service. So these people in large gatherings, shouting in the faces of police, screaming, and not social distancing...treat them the same as churches. They have two sets of Covid rules. One for protesters/rioters, and one for everyone else.

The rioters could be charged with more than unlawful assembly. But without a DA who cares enough to try...nothing will happen.

Last edited by kmom2; 08-30-2020 at 01:28 PM..

Old 08-30-2020, 01:18 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:

Deployed National Guard.

Just goes to show that Portland etc, doesn't need Trump's help to get their cities under control.

They just have to be willing to do it themselves.

Which they aren't.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:19 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yeah, darn Constitution!
Where in the Constitution does it protect rioting? They are getting released because of the DA.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:20 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:

Deployed National Guard.

LA shut down the massive riots in 1991. They just unleashed the police and it quickly went away.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:21 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Where in the Constitution does it protect rioting? They are getting released because of the DA.
Exactly.

Old 08-30-2020, 01:24 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Just goes to show that Portland etc, doesn't need Trump's help to get their cities under control.

They just have to be willing to do it themselves.

Which they aren't.
well, LA is a city where white people are the minority. The minority-majority POCs have to go to work to bring food to the table and roof over their head.

Portland is predominately a white city. Lots of white woke privileged Marxists living on their family trust funds in Portland. How else can you explain 90+ straight days of rioting and protesting?

Old 08-30-2020, 01:25 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
At midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew would come out and round up everyone who know less than they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies