Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2020, 03:25 PM

2,488 posts, read 1,434,059 times

Advertisements

Watching CNN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 04:19 PM

380 posts, read 126,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It’s just that SJW virtue-signaling crap. By the way, have you noticed that virtually no ad features a white nuclear family? Perhaps if there’s a slew of families, they’ll include one as an option, but for ads where there’s just one family, it’s either a black couple, a bi-racial couple, or a gay couple.
Yeah, the commercials have gotten ridiculous.

It's like they're purposely omitting white people. When's the last time you saw a strong, blonde man in a commercial? lol

Old 09-01-2020, 04:52 PM

5,103 posts, read 2,326,644 times
The New York Times, many years ago. NPR, many years ago. The Washington Post, many years ago. Nike.

More recently: a pizza shop and a sandwich shop in my neighborhood, because they have signs that I don't like in their windows.

Old 09-01-2020, 05:53 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,867,115 times
Meh. People on here have chosen to boycott some easy-peasy things whose absence won't make a difference in their lives. You're taking the easy path but convincing yourselves you're being strong and disciplined.

You really ought to put you money where your mouth is and boycott the major "liberal" organizations your media implores you to abandon:

Microsoft. Amazon.
Google/YouTube. Apple.
Netflix. TimeWarner. Hollywood.
Facebook. Instagram. Twitter. Wikipedia.
REI. Belk. Wayfair. Best Buy. Macy's. Marshalls. TJ Maxx.
CocaCola. PepsiCo. Heineken.
Meetup. MasterCard. Verizon. Marriott.
Simon & Shuster. Marvel.

The list goes on and on, but these are some of the biggies. Whose conservative convictions are strong enough to boycott the above?

Old 09-01-2020, 05:55 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,867,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Watching CNN
I'm a "liberal" and I walked away from CNN long before it became fashionable to do so. You can do better than this.

Old 09-01-2020, 05:57 PM

15,619 posts, read 15,759,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
People talk a big game but they like their habits and outrage boycotts tend to be short lived. But what are some of the companies or products you have boycotted recently and stuck to? I started boycotting the Washington Post about 2 years ago, and I have not looked back So far this year, I've just completely quit cold turkey:
  • New York Times (this one is the most tragic, I just can't believe what they've done)
  • ESPN Radio 98.7 (non-stop woke, Peter Rosenberg on Kay Show works with Kaepernick's girlfriend)
  • Ben & Jerry's (not hard, there are so many other choices)
  • Nike (I will never wear a swoosh again so long as I live)
  • MLB Baseball (I was down to a casual fan, now I can't even bother to put it on TV)
  • NBA (I am DONE with them, I just can't anymore, goodbye Knicks forever)

I also quit CNN and MSNBC last year. NFL is turning out to be the biggest habit to quit. I am waiting to see to what they do with sitting out games or playing non-American national anthems. I don't know how I'll react, I really don't. I love watching the NFL but like the Times and ESPN radio I used to love those too but I can't explain it this force of betrayal is so overwhelming
You don't bother to explain specifics, but it's nothing to be proud of if you're boycotting a sports team just because you think athletes don't have the right to express personal political opinions. And I see you're boycotting two of the top newspapers in the country, the most factual, in-depth ones, but don't mention if you're interested enough to start with other newspapers instead.

Old 09-01-2020, 05:59 PM

4,186 posts, read 5,089,212 times
Nike, AIG, Goya

Old 09-01-2020, 06:09 PM

826 posts, read 246,276 times
I never really boycott anything. I would say about the only thing I have done is eliminate watching all sports but one and that one may be on the way out after this or next year. I simply lost interest in tuning in to watch sports and finding political statements being made by millionaire players claiming they are held down. It's not a boycott. It has just gotten beyond old and annoying.

Old 09-01-2020, 06:11 PM

7,499 posts, read 6,297,696 times
When BP had The huge oil spill in the gulf, I decided I would not buy BP products again and I haven’t.

Old 09-01-2020, 06:12 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,143,815 times
[quote=middle-aged mom;59045321]Jack in the Box is a franchiser with 2200 restaurants, mostly in western states.

Your experience 50+/- years ago, at one restaurant, has compelled you to avoid all Jack in the Boxes?

Early '80s I stopped going to KFC because they refused to put my large just chicken orders in the bucket. Party time. Instead used flimsy boxes that leaked grease on my seat. And no bag either.

It just sticks with you. Besides where I live now we have better options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies