Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2020, 05:53 AM

2,706 posts, read 2,206,897 times

Advertisements

Several years ago during another BLM session with the NFL I started and still boycott Nike and Papa John's Pizza. This year I started boycotting Pro Sports and if the colleges pick up this BLM BS I will boycott college sports also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 06:11 AM

30,244 posts, read 23,712,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Jack in the Box is a franchiser with 2200 restaurants, mostly in western states.

Your experience 50+/- years ago, at one restaurant, has compelled you to avoid all Jack in the Boxes?

Ever wonder what it felt like to be black and living under 100 years of Jim Crow laws where the color of your skin determined, where you worked, the nature of your job, your compensation, where you were allowed to live, eat, pee, wash up, drink water, play, what schools your children could attend, use of public transportation, how much was spent on education, phone booths, hospitals, amusements, etc.

Despite an absence of such laws it was no cake walk for most black people in northern states.

I am the daughter of a ( long gone) KKK member. There were endless businesses and products we did not use because of a perception, black labor was used to produce or deliver or cook etc. Bizarro land.
Why are you haranguing people for their personal choice not to spend money somewhere?

It doesn't affect you.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:12 AM

23,957 posts, read 15,056,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Exxon, since the Valdez oil spill 30 years ago, Chick F La, for as long as I can remember, same for Hobby Lobby, papa Johns pizza, the list goes on. Bottom line, if you are a business owner relying on consumers, keep your politics to yourself or you can expect a percentage of potential customers to boycott you.

DH thought I was the only person in the country still pissed about the Valdez running aground.

Don't do BP either.

We keep trying to not buy products from the Koch Bros but it is impossible. If you buy anything made from fabric they have a chance of being involved. Especially anything stretchy.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:15 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Listening to Trump's self-serving, self-aggrandizing nonsense, started that boycott more than 40 years ago.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:18 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
I've maintained my boycott of Gillette. I also tried to boycott Budweiser and still buy other brands but its always available and other beers aren't. And I avoid Kellogg's if possible but like their new french toast and some of their cereals. I guess I'll have to try harder. I can pass on Budweiser completely if I make the effort. I also try to avoid Hershey at Halloween time.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:22 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,507,431 times
Ben & Jerry's.
But then I did that years ago because I didn't fall for the rip-off hippy schtick.
#Go woke,go broke.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:23 AM

30,244 posts, read 23,712,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
About 25 years ago I saw a documentary on how veal is raised. They hobble a young calf, confine it in a pen, and stick a plastic pipe down it's throat that slow drips skim milk. The calf never gets to walk or graze or even move. Since seeing that documentary I have never again eaten veal and never will.
I had never eaten veal, and at some point, I did see something about the horrific way they treat those little baby cows, therefore, I've never eaten veal.

I feed my pets raw, and I won't buy it for them, either.

I also have a huge problem with the way they treat chickens. I remember back when I lived in Seattle, I was driving back towards home one night, and got behind a chicken truck.

It was very cold outside just standing outside, but imagine being in an open cage flying 55mph down the freeway? Imagine how bitterly cold it was for those birds? In addition, they were crammed....and I mean crammed into those cages. I wanted so badly to cut that truck off and release every last chicken in there.

I didn't eat chicken for over a year after that, because for that long, it made me feel physically ill when I thought back to those poor chickens on that truck.

I'll still eat it every so often, but I will never forget how poorly they were treated while being transported to the slaughterhouse. It pi$$ed me off.

I realize that a lot of animals are treated poorly - but I just can't do vegetarian or veganism, mainly because it's awful - I hate almost all vegetables as it is, and have to force myself to eat them solely for a balanced diet. I don't think people are getting the nutrients that they need - if you have to take a supplement, then you're not eating correctly, and because I don't want to turn into one of those typical 'holier than thou' types. Not all of them are, thankfully, but too many of them are.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:31 AM

393 posts, read 166,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
That's interesting. I ignored Goya products on the shelf until the left went ape shiza because the owner of Goya said something positive about President Trump. Then I went out of my way to buy some of their products. There was little on the shelf because other Americans went out of their way to purchase Goya products.

That's exactly what happen to me. Now I buy Goya on a regular basis.

Also no Gillette, All pro sports (except PGA) and Target.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:35 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,770,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Trump. And day after day the decision proves appropriate.
How do you boycott a President?

Old 09-02-2020, 06:46 AM

10,223 posts, read 6,306,581 times
Barilla Pasta and Chick Fil A for their anti-gay stance. My daughter and her wife cook pasta dinners for themselves and young son. Not a family? I cook pasta dinners for them as well sometimes. It's not only straight families. I am of Italian heritage also and found that insulting.

Besides Chick Fil A's food is not all that good, and expensive. Closed on Sundays so their employees can worship? They only hire Christians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies