Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 02:07 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Lol...... millions of people disagree and consider Chic fil A to be among the highest quality fast food out there.

My sister is Liberal as the day is long and gets their biscuits at least twice a week.
I bet she's very fit.

No matter the brand, all fast food is crap, nutritiously and tastily, and should be boycotted outside of any political opinion.

I don't boycott for political reasons, I boycott for human rights reasons, such as clothes being made by children in Bengladesh and such other countries, etc.

Acttually, I don't buy much clothes anymore. I sell the ones I haven't worn in over a year and buy others if I want them, on re-sell sites.

(well, except for shoes and underwear)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 02:30 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
I bet she's very fit.

No matter the brand, all fast food is crap, nutritiously and tastily, and should be boycotted outside of any political opinion.

I don't boycott for political reasons, I boycott for human rights reasons, such as clothes being made by children in Bengladesh and such other countries, etc.

Acttually, I don't buy much clothes anymore. I sell the ones I haven't worn in over a year and buy others if I want them, on re-sell sites.

I have been reading for a couple if years that unwanted clothing is a huge problem. It is getting as bad as plastic containers no one wants to recycle.There is no place to dump all the unwanted clothes.

Americans are consumers first and citizens second. Perhaps that's why many are so pissed off about vandalized and looted stores. Shopping is sacred.

Old 09-03-2020, 02:32 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Do you remember when Walmart advertised that they bought American whenever there was an American alternative? Now they are the single biggest importer of Chinese goods.
That was Mr. Sam.

And some think he fudged on some things.

When he died and the kids took over we sold our WalMart stock.

Old 09-03-2020, 02:36 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,100,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Lol...... millions of people disagree and consider Chic fil A to be among the highest quality fast food out there.

My sister is Liberal as the day is long and gets their biscuits at least twice a week.
That's funny. I have two gay friends who won't buy Chickfila. One likes the stuff but eats there only when they send out the postcards for free food. The other makes a point of using their bathrooms whenever possible but wont eat there even if free.

I don't buy it because I don't like most fast food, especially fast food chicken, I do save the postcards for friends who are willing to eat Chickfila.

Old 09-03-2020, 02:46 PM

830 posts, read 744,623 times
I haven't eaten at Jimmy John's since I heard about the big game hunting. I found it very disturbing.

Old 09-03-2020, 02:52 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
I bet she's very fit.

Too much of anything is not good for you. Too much carrots can turn you orange. Too much of necessary vitamins can kill you. Too much avoiding tasty things like Chik-Fil-A can limit your enjoyment of life. If you are really in Nice, all that French cooking is not that healthy, but it would be a mistake to skip it.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Too much of anything is not good for you. Too much carrots can turn you orange. Too much of necessary vitamins can kill you. Too much avoiding tasty things like Chik-Fil-A can limit your enjoyment of life. If you are really in Nice, all that French cooking is not that healthy, but it would be a mistake to skip it.
You are actually right. Too much of anything (well... some exceptions) is never good.

We don't have much of this crap food here, mostly mcdonalds, kfc and recently burger king.

I do live in Nive, and it's mostly fish and vegetables locally grown (90 out of 100 percent fruits and vegetables come from the cote d'azur, 9 months of sun out of 12, climate much like california) if you eat in a "real" restaurant.

Local markets are right down the street and local producers deliver.

Just need to cook.

I used to be a food critic, I'm stilll a publisher but also I now write books about cooking for two hours on week-ends with seasonal and local produce, then, less then 15 minutes every night for families of four or five.

I might not know everything (and certainly don't), but we can talk about food. Anytime.

French cooking, especcially south (I moved there, I didn't know), is about balance. 1/4 proteins, 2/4 vegetables and 1/4 starch.

Simple.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
T Too much carrots can turn you orange.

I'd love a cite

Old 09-03-2020, 03:34 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
I'd love a cite
It happened to my daughter who loved the Gerber carrots baby food! She also loved the squash.

We had to balance it a little more.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:36 PM

Here's one, there are hundreds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ElFlDZwxS8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies