Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 10:44 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Another cancel culture rightie.
Agree that you obviously don’t know what cancel culture is. Besides, the left are the ones that get so triggered over perceived slights decades old that they have to ruin people’s lives with cancel culture.

I don’t know why corporations have to make such a big deal about their political stance, right it left. You’re going to get someone upset. Stay out of it.

I changed from Starbucks to local coffee shops due to their support of BLM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 10:45 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Boy some of you are clueless.

The OP is not demanding the companies he boycotts be completely shut down. Instead he chooses not to support them.
Yes exactly, watch what you want, eat what you want - it's a free country (I think)

Old 08-30-2020, 10:53 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica93 View Post
Is it boycotting if I knew they were bullsh*t in the first place?
No it's not. And why are you avoiding Drudge? It's a left wing site

Old 08-30-2020, 11:22 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
People talk a big game but they like their habits and outrage boycotts tend to be short lived. But what are some of the companies or products you have boycotted recently and stuck to? I started boycotting the Washington Post about 2 years ago, and I have not looked back So far this year, I've just completely quit cold turkey:
  • New York Times (this one is the most tragic, I just can't believe what they've done)
  • ESPN Radio 98.7 (non-stop woke, Peter Rosenberg on Kay Show works with Kaepernick's girlfriend)
  • Ben & Jerry's (not hard, there are so many other choices)
  • Nike (I will never wear a swoosh again so long as I live)
  • MLB Baseball (I was down to a casual fan, now I can't even bother to put it on TV)
  • NBA (I am DONE with them, I just can't anymore, goodbye Knicks forever)

I also quit CNN and MSNBC last year. NFL is turning out to be the biggest habit to quit. I am waiting to see to what they do with sitting out games or playing non-American national anthems. I don't know how I'll react, I really don't. I love watching the NFL but like the Times and ESPN radio I used to love those too but I can't explain it this force of betrayal is so overwhelming
I don't really participate in boycotts because they tend to be fads. Like physical fitness, in order to be meaningful, it has to be permanent.

I recognized the issue with China, SE Asia, and Mexico years ago. That is why I voted for Ross Perot. Politicians were far too eager to sacrifice American jobs for cheap child/slave labor, often rooted in human trafficking for the sake of the Plutocracy. This began with Bush Sr., but fully implemented with Clinton with NAFTA and perpetuated into the Obama administration.

To the best of my ability, I avoid anything made outside of the USA and/or by corporate America. I even relocated from my corporate job to a not-for-profit because I wanted to minimize my contributions to the political machine.

It's hard because mom and pop stores have been run out of business by political complicity. It limits your options, but I have discovered that I can do without.

Regarding sports, I stopped watching all professional sports more than a decade ago. I saw too many families financially sacrifice in order to take their kids to games when these grown men whined over millions. Humans (purportedly) lost their lives because they stepped on the $200 shoe made by someone that was lucky to make $1 a day, if they had not been kidnapped and enslaved. And millionaires lived in their mansions sucking up the suckers while play children's games.

Now multimillionaire professional athletes boycott the viewer in the name of priviledge while becoming millionaires off child/slave labor and human trafficking.

Boycotts are useless. Evolve. Play sports. But don't worship athletes.

Old 08-31-2020, 01:48 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
Taco Bell since 1976 because it sucks.

Old 08-31-2020, 01:51 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Another cancel culture rightie.
Another leftie who doesn’t understand the difference between a boycott and the cancel culture.

Old 08-31-2020, 01:55 AM

I’ve given up watching, and occasionally attending, the Washington Redskins (or whatever their name is now).

I’ve stopped buying clothes at MACYs after they locked the doors during operating hours, with customers trapped inside, as they forced a 9-minute moment of silence to honor George Floyd and, as they said, ALL black people because black lives matter.

Old 08-31-2020, 02:37 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
None, I think boycotts for the most part are idiotic.

Old 08-31-2020, 02:44 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Civvies in Savannah. I will never step foot in that racist establishment.

Old 08-31-2020, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Civvies in Savannah. I will never step foot in that racist establishment.
Had to look that one up to see what the issue is. For other readers, this racist store has different pricing policies that essentially favor blacks and penalize whites.

I’d boycott too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies