Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2020, 11:43 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times

Advertisements

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...dV6?li=BBnb7Kz

For those on here that say China has handled the virus so much better than Trump has-----read this article and then tell us what you think of China.

BEIJING (AP) — When police arrested the middle-aged Uighur woman at the height of China’s coronavirus outbreak, she was crammed into a cell with dozens of other women in a detention center.

There, she said, she was forced to drink a medicine that made her feel weak and nauseous, guards watching as she gulped. She and the others also had to strip naked once a week and cover their faces as guards hosed them and their cells down with disinfectant “like firemen,” she said.

“I’ve been in this room for so long, I don’t remember how long. I just want to forget,” he wrote again, days later. “I’m writing out my feelings to reassure myself I still exist. I fear I’ll be forgotten by the world.”

“I’m falling apart,” he told the AP more recently, declining to be named out of fear of retribution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 11:54 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
For the men, likely something to keep the sexual assaults down !!! The women I'm not going to say what's most likely !!!

Last edited by phma; 08-31-2020 at 12:23 AM..

Old 08-31-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
For the men, likely something to keep the sexual assaults down !!! The women I'm not going to say what's most likely !!!
That doesn't make sense. For the virus?

Old 08-31-2020, 12:17 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...dV6?li=BBnb7Kz

For those on here that say China has handled the virus so much better than Trump has-----read this article and then tell us what you think of China.

One has nothing to do with the other.

The pandemic is the pandemic. The Uighurs suppression is the Uighurs suppression. If you want to dig into fascism, there are plenty in China; from Xianjiang to Hong Kong.

If right-wing wants to join us liberals in fighting fascism, we absolutely would welcome that.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
One has nothing to do with the other.

If right-wing wants to join us liberals in fighting fascism, we absolutely would welcome that.

That comment doesn't hake any sense either. I guess reading articles is too hard so just jump in with any comment.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:22 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That comment doesn't hake any sense either. I guess reading articles is too hard so just jump in with any comment.
It doesn't make sense to you because most rihgt-wingers just throw everything in one single pot and just see black and white.

China can handle the pandemic well AND at the same time be a fascist regime that suppresses some of its population. It's not either/or; they can be both.

Fighting fascism is what Antifa (Anti-fascists) does. China and Russia are fascist countries and the US is following suit if the liberals fail to stop our descent.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:23 PM

Oh ok HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies