Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Biden do a 180 and say he would use the National Guard to quell riots
Yes: Just like Obama and Trump have. 22 91.67%
No: To politically risky. 1 4.17%
Unsure. 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 05:33 AM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times

Advertisements

Biden is criticizing Trump for offering to use the National Guard to quell riots and has pledged to:

Quote:
"But I promise you as president, I'll never put you in the middle of politics or personal vendettas. I'll never use the military as a prop or as a private militia to violate the rights of fellow citizens. That’s not law and order. You don't deserve that."
I think it would be good for Biden to say that he would in fact use the national guard or offer the use of the national guard to put down riots.

I realize that Biden has to walk a fine line, because the rioters are his voters, but Biden is lying (or is too old to remember the truth.

Biden falsely claims that there were no race riots under Obama and Obama never used the national guard to put down riots. In fact, Obama did use the national guard to put down riots, once example was Fergusson, Missouri over the Michael Brown lie ("hands up don't shoot").

The difference is, for whatever partisan reason when Obama offered to send in the national guard to quell riots the local democratic leaders accepted graciously and the propaganda mainstream media approved. When riots happened under Trump the local democratic leaders refused, the riots grew and grew and the propaganda mainstream media made it Trump's fault.

I digress.

At this point the leftist rioters have done more damage than most hurricanes that hit the US and has done more damage than the Beirut explosion.

Rioting-Biden-Voters have:

-directly killed about 3 dozen people

-indirectly killed over thousand as murder rates spike with cops being restrained or afraid to do their job

-directly done billions of dollars in damage through arson, looting, vandalism, etc.

-indirectly done billions of dollars in damage through higher insurance costs, lost jobs, lost income, etc.

-directly led to more gun sales, liberals want less guns out on the streets.

Should Biden, like both Obama and Trump finally come out and say enough of the rioting that he would use the national guard?

Pros to coming out and saying he would use the National Guard: It might encourage local elected democrats to start enforcing the law and some of the violence and destruction by the left could end. He can lean on Obama's legacy of squashing rioters with the National Guard. This might also appeal to those in the middle that oppose riots.

Cons to coming out and saying he would use the National Guard: The radical left is a key voting bloc of his and there is a risk in squashing rioters and rioter supporters that will otherwise vote for him in an election year. Local elected Democrats may be upset with him, but they can also pass the buck off on Biden as the one doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 05:59 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,457 times
At the very least, Biden should be hammered with difficult questions about this issue from the media. The same media that 'fact checks' Trump and Speaks Truth to Power (even thought the media IS power, so who speaks truth to them...).

They should ask Biden:

-How he would handle protesters in a second lockdown.

-How he thinks governors and mayors should end the riots.

-To condemn the groups responsible for the violence. He should be asked about BLM and antifa by name.

-What he would do as President now, specifically, to stop the violence. And when Biden answers "I wouldn't tweet about it..." or some deflection, he should be asked several follow up questions to pin him down to specifics.

Will this ever happen?

Instead, the new strategy will be for Biden and the Democrats to condemn the 'violence' and blame it all on Trump. Useless and cynical. But if the media becomes more honest and asks real questions, and Biden answers in a forthright manner, I believe the American people would respond positively to that.

He will lose the radical left, but in case he hasn't noticed, they don't care who the President is. They want the whole system torn down. He might gain millions of normal people.

Old 08-31-2020, 06:04 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
I think a 180 is coming now that is clear the damage supporting the riots is doing in the polls.

Old 08-31-2020, 06:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Liberal groups, rioting in liberal cities, with liberal mayors, and liberal city councils, promoting radical liberal causes, and supported by liberal money:

Media - “Trump did it!”

Old 08-31-2020, 06:14 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
The Democrats have gone insane. The only way to square this is if they actually control the switch for when the riots start and stop

Old 08-31-2020, 06:16 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Biden and the Democrat party have become the party of violent criminals. No way they will ever call on the ending of violence and accountability for these animals. How many more will die before Democratic voters stand up and vote these fools out?

Old 08-31-2020, 06:27 AM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
At the very least, Biden should be hammered with difficult questions about this issue from the media. The same media that 'fact checks' Trump and Speaks Truth to Power (even thought the media IS power, so who speaks truth to them...).

They should ask Biden:

-How he would handle protesters in a second lockdown.

-How he thinks governors and mayors should end the riots.

-To condemn the groups responsible for the violence. He should be asked about BLM and antifa by name.

-What he would do as President now, specifically, to stop the violence. And when Biden answers "I wouldn't tweet about it..." or some deflection, he should be asked several follow up questions to pin him down to specifics.

Will this ever happen?

Instead, the new strategy will be for Biden and the Democrats to condemn the 'violence' and blame it all on Trump. Useless and cynical. But if the media becomes more honest and asks real questions, and Biden answers in a forthright manner, I believe the American people would respond positively to that.

He will lose the radical left, but in case he hasn't noticed, they don't care who the President is. They want the whole system torn down. He might gain millions of normal people.
The mainstream media is largely propaganda. You can't trust them to do a reasonable job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I think a 180 is coming now that is clear the damage supporting the riots is doing in the polls.
He just a couple days ago said that he would NOT use the national guard and that it is Trump who has not condemned the violence, which is started by Trump's mean words.

The mainstream media is largely propaganda and will not push back on Biden the way they would with Trump for such absurd remarks.

Old 08-31-2020, 06:27 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post

If not now then certainly after he is elected IF he is elected.

The Dems pretend like they have all the answers.

I really believe their supporters think that if Biden wins the virus threat will end, the economy will come back and the riots will simply end.

The Dems have been blaming Trump for everything since he took office and their followers have been brainwashed that he is the root of all our issues.

Old 08-31-2020, 07:50 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
Why should he come out now, before the election, against the riots? The thugs and those who support their actions over the law enforcement community are his voting base. It doesn't matter to him or the Dems how many lives and businesses are lost or damaged. Other's lives mean nothing to them. We are all just pawns. Play pieces. They have no more remorse for a block of stores burned than for an old checker board that they throw in the trash. Nor any more for a conservative life than for an old, broken chess piece.

Old 08-31-2020, 08:05 AM

826 posts, read 244,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Liberal groups, rioting in liberal cities, with liberal mayors, and liberal city councils, promoting radical liberal causes, and supported by liberal money:

Media - “Trump did it!”
Amazing isn't it? What is even more amazing is the media thinks we believe them when they blame Trump for things Democrats do and the media supports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies