Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 05:47 PM

1,131 posts, read 387,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I think Portland is the start of another great Civil War, this time between the liberal leftist BLM people and the extremist right Trump supporters. .
My money is on the BLM - better fighters. I mean, who brings paint balls to a fight anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 06:01 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I've been through this whole thread and haven't seen anyone, left or right state they want this to happen.

Sorry, but when folks are commenting that people need to be shot on sight, and others bragging about how they would kill off the other side quickly.....Im pretty sure thats a clear indication of what they want to happen. If you dont see that, you're really choosing to ignore the issue and pretend.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:21 PM

1,066 posts, read 766,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
The people who are burning businesses and committing violence are criminals and Anarchists, not Protestors. Don't get them confused. And quit calling them Democrats.
Protestors have the right to free speech, Anarchists and criminals need to be in jail.
Really? You don't know about the Ford Foundation?

Try again.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:34 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
According to the Trump/Ingrams interview I watched Portland has been on fire for decades.
It does have a long history of unrest...

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...ight-extremism

Old 09-02-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sorry, but when folks are commenting that people need to be shot on sight, and others bragging about how they would kill off the other side quickly.....Im pretty sure thats a clear indication of what they want to happen. If you dont see that, you're really choosing to ignore the issue and pretend.
Do a poll then. Much of this is just BS talk. We all have it good in this country, every single one of us. Sure some are struggling more than others, but I'd rather be poor here, than poor in Somalia. We all don't realize how good we have it. Do you really think people want the block they live on to look like a war zone ? Were their kids have to cower in the basement due to gun fire ?
Sure, people will do what they have to do for self defense, but all out war...I don't think so.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Anarchists and criminals need to be in jail.
It is why we have the 2nd Amendment and exercised justifiably.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
The people who are burning businesses and committing violence are criminals and Anarchists, not Protestors. Don't get them confused. And quit calling them Democrats.
Protestors have the right to free speech, Anarchists and criminals need to be in jail.
That is inappropriate language, and inciting violence....

Old 09-04-2020, 01:02 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
We all don't realize how good we have it.
We are rich, and miserable. The people who "have it the best" are often the most miserable of all. But how is that possible? Might it be that money and comfort isn't the point of life? Maybe that isn't what makes us happy?

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/healt...ities-ceos-and

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ould-be-blame/

Quote:
Do you really think people want the block they live on to look like a war zone ? Were their kids have to cower in the basement due to gun fire ?
No one wants war, they just want to get away from the people they hate, or take their power away. Americans hate each other, and regardless of what they will say, they hate the country, and they would rather kill each other than keep the status quo.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:46 AM

934 posts, read 402,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
There will not be a civil war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
There will be no civil war. The protestors and internet loudmouths represent a tiny portion of the population. ...
If I got a dollar every time...

Yes, the majority is silent. And silent majority is passive. Here is a serious blind spot you guys have.
In times like these, this is what happens

1. Majority becomes irrelevant. Exactly because it is passive. What matters is an active minority.

2. The same minority is still gaining in numbers, because of its activism.

3. You may say people get along just fine. You may say people are preoccupied with their everyday life. And you may be partially right about it. But, you don't know what others are talking among themselves. How they see these things and what is their opinion. You. Have. No. Idea. Think about it. Say you are democrat and still always say hello to your Trump supporting neighbor or coworker. You don't get into debates with them. They probably also don't wanna get into discussion with you, especially not at the workplace.

There comes a point when it is impossible to reverse the situation.
I am sad to say, your country seems to have just passed that point. I wish the time would prove me wrong. I sincerely do not want to be right about it.

However the BLM and pantifada have the support or at least a tacit tolerance of MSM and DNC. They may occasionally say they don't support looting but are obviously doing jack squat about it.

On the other side, the right is ready to rally around a boy with a huge gun. A boy shouldn't be allowed to riots or even to the area where such riots are. Especially not with a huge gun. Plus the petty character in the WH is only suited to fan the flames, not to extinguish them. Do you really expect him to change at the age of 74

You are in a serious trouble. I am again sorry to say this, but I do not see the solution now, unlike all these years before when I tried to warn you, here on this very forum.

THe ONLY thing that can reverse the situation would be if US votes for third party EN MASSE. However, I don't see this happening. Especially not after you failed to recognize Andrew Yang as the best way out.
Still, I am an optimist by nature.
Therefore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptrrDfDGzqs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InphL6kz0ZE

Old 09-04-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
We are rich, and miserable. The people who "have it the best" are often the most miserable of all. But how is that possible? Might it be that money and comfort isn't the point of life? Maybe that isn't what makes us happy?

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/healt...ities-ceos-and

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ould-be-blame/

No one wants war, they just want to get away from the people they hate, or take their power away. Americans hate each other, and regardless of what they will say, they hate the country, and they would rather kill each other than keep the status quo.
Explains why most of the legal immigrants I know love this country, more than many born here. They came from places that were really bad, they've lived it. And they support the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies