Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 12:52 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Is America ready to see hundreds of dead protestors lying in the streets in a 2nd Trump presidency?
There we go again with that word 'protesters'.

No one sane is ready to see protesters dead. Rioters , on , the other hand.

Running through your streets, lighting things on fire, smashing looting, destroying private businesses, assaulting any who try to intervene. Yeah.,..Rioters have got to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 12:52 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The violence will continue despite who wins the election, it will likely increase imo

With a population split down the center 50% radicals for Trump, 50% radicals for Biden the rioting will not stop no matter who's elected. The losing side is going to feel so disenfranchised by the other side's win they're going to get out on the streets and protest. Knowing Americans, the protests will always turn violent and people will die. One side winning doesn't neutralize the civil war that's coming. This is at the point of a schism in America because both sides are so radically different. They cannot agree on anything.

If Trump loses, he has said he won't accept the results. He won't leave the WH an he'll order his followers to bring their guns out into the street and start rioting and shooting up the country until Congress agrees to keep him President. Mark my words that's what he's planning if he loses.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:53 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
“Corn, soybeans and cattle” are economic output. The red areas feed the world, including your much hyped about blue areas.
Sure, and they are funded by subsidies and bailouts paid by the evil city people.

US Economic output:

Urban areas = 85%
Rural = 15%

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against farmers.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:54 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
And all this hate came from the left.

The same group who preaches tolerance.
They are the new Nazi's. Tell a lie, tell it big enough and the people will buy it. They are making republicans and trump supporters into a hated class like the jews were in Nazi Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's pretty much what I stated in another thread

The battle lines have been drawn.

On one hand are the lefties. BLM, Antifa, Democrats, and all their suck ups in the corporate world.

On the other are Trump supporters and Republicans.

Once Trump gets reelected this Fall, that's all the excuse BLM and their minions need to 'protest,' riot, and loot. It's really going to be a scary time for Trump supporters. We are already at risk of losing our jobs and even our lives of we even remotely hint that we support Trump.

We are already starting to see backlash. Trump supporters are openly marching in support of Trump.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:55 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:

If Trump loses, he has said he won't accept the results. He won't leave the WH an he'll order his followers to bring their guns out into the street and start rioting and shooting up the country until Congress agrees to keep him President. Mark my words that's what he's planning if he loses.
Speculation, agitation and fear-mongering. Poll numbers looking worrisome? Trying to drum up votes for your guy?

Old 08-31-2020, 12:55 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
With a population split down the center 50% radicals for Trump, 50% radicals for Biden the rioting will not stop no matter who's elected. The losing side is going to feel so disenfranchised by the other side's win they're going to get out on the streets and protest. Knowing Americans, the protests will always turn violent and people will die. One side winning doesn't neutralize the civil war that's coming. This is at the point of a schism in America because both sides are so radically different. They cannot agree on anything.

I remember all those riots after Obama won. All those rednecks hit the streets and burned and looted the towns. IT was glorious. c'mon.

Talking about not accepting the results? For the past 4 years they have not accepted Trump. "Not My President" remember that one? 4 years of nothing but sore loser tactics trying to oust him instead of working on American people.

Look out the window.,.it is not Trump supporters that businesses and normal folk are afraid of marching down their streets smashing things.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I wouldn't bet against it.......
Rwandan's did it to their own people, and there is a lot of hate and propaganda in US too, so maybe Trump would have enough willing executioners.

People are going to start leaving if the rhetoric gets any worse. Tom Hanks already bailed.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:56 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I disagree.

Try to remember what initiated the protests and subsequent violence in the first place: incidents of black men being killed at the hands of police. Whether or not you think those killings were justified, the protesters do not and they are unlikely to stop until that issue is addressed. It really had nothing to do with Trump, except that he has done nothing to address the issue and instead tends to respond with force. When in history have you seen a popular protest movement successfully and permanently put down by force?

If Trump wins, then nothing has changed and protests will continue about as much as now. If Biden wins, he will announce a raft of police reform actions and the protesters will go home. The real civil war threat is if one candidate is declared the winner and the other side is convinced that the election was a fraud.

But whoever wins or loses it WILL be a rigged election. Either side will be convinced the other side didn't win fairly. Trump's people more so, but Biden's people too if Trump wins because everyone expects Trump to appeal to Putin to rig a win in his favor. It's in the news every day and people expect a rigged election.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:57 PM

1,169 posts, read 751,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I wouldn't bet against it.......
Yeah they’ll be busy marching people to the gulags.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:59 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:

Except you are wrong on that. Sure there might be some radicals, but the majority are just normal people.

I just walked my street today, it's about 3 mile walk there and back. We all have 2 acre lots. A mixture of people. My neighbor is a anesthesiologist, he and his wife are Trump supporters. The neighbors to the other side are retired, he worked in the automotive industry, they are Trump supporters. Another neighbor was a school teacher, and her husband owned an electrical company, they are Trump supporters and then there were about 3 other houses, that had signs, but I don't know them. These are all nice homes, with quiet low key families. And that is just on my street. My friends range from sales people, retired law enforcement, business owners, immigrant business owners , engineers and designers. We are all Trump supporters. None of us are radical, we don't attend protests, many of us don't even engage in social media ( I wish I didn't) so just normal people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies