Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 11:13 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,282,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I guess liberals typically have boiling blood, while humans are at 37 Celsius.

Looks like that is a new diagnostic tool to differentiate liberals from humans, instead of just looking for those with their hands out, wearing masks, and behind bars.
Did you just call BB a "liberal"?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 11:14 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,282,981 times
So, the description the cops were working off of was "a black male"?

Old 09-02-2020, 11:16 AM

29,453 posts, read 22,412,699 times
How hard could it have been for the police to have simply taken a photo of the guy and then shown it to the lady? They could have directly sent it to her phone, or sent it to the police on the scene with the lady to show her.

Clearly handled poorly on their end in this case.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:19 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,976,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjjoclv View Post
One more tidbit. According to the local press the victim of the strangulation came to the scene of the arrest and told the police that he was not the perpetrator. They arrested him anyway.
They probably arrested him for kicking them, not for the original crime they suspected him of.

I don't think you can have people who think they are innocent assaulting police officers every time they come in contact with them. I don't think society would work very well that way.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:23 AM

1,982 posts, read 744,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8q_DZIzIKc

San Antonio PD's Finest.

Listen to the chief copsplain.
"If he would have just submitted to our tyrannical ways"
Can you say huge payday for a jog.
Another use of force brought on by a black male not complying.

I disagree with the Chief, he did have a legal responsibility in Texas to ID, because they had reasonable suspicion to believe he had committed a crime, that was not a terry stop.

This is obviously a black culture that needs to stop. But we won’t address the real problem.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:25 AM

25,119 posts, read 16,115,879 times
Quote:

San Antonio PD's Finest.

I've always thought the OP was a bit loony usually - weird topics, poorly-titled and ambiguous, etc - but now I have to wonder what the overall motivation is here. It seems to be to sow discord which one might expect from a foreign agent.

He types the bolded as if it were a direct quote, when the Chief says no such thing.

Others have chimed in without obviously even watching the video. "Green shirt, white shorts, scruffy beard" is what the description they had was.

How many watched the video, or knew they released the bodycam yesterday?

https://www.ktsa.com/san-antonio-pol...-ometu-arrest/

Old 09-02-2020, 11:29 AM

18,880 posts, read 6,891,015 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8q_DZIzIKc

San Antonio PD's Finest.

At what point in the video did the chief say those words you quoted? I didn't hear it.

The fact is, this guy, if he had simply given them his name and NOT ASSAULTED officers, would be free today. He would have gone home that day. This is racebaiting.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:30 AM

18,880 posts, read 6,891,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjjoclv View Post
One more tidbit. According to the local press the victim of the strangulation came to the scene of the arrest and told the police that he was not the perpetrator. They arrested him anyway.
That's what happens when you kick police officers.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:39 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,033,416 times
This is such a stretch. the guy has a green shirt and white shorts on.. the victim was choked and gave the description . Now the cops find a guy that fits the description. They want him ID'ed by the woman choked.. he refuses and kicks the police. I think the guy should have just went down and would be vindicated and that would be the end..

Do we suppose to ask the guy are you innocent or guilty ? If they say innocent which I am sure all the guilty ones would say I am innocent do we let them go... even if they murder, rob, steal and just ask him are you the guy ? And let him go.. Common sense tells me no. What kind of law and order is that?

Old 09-02-2020, 11:45 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,762,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This is such a stretch. the guy has a green shirt and white shorts on.. the victim was choked and gave the description . Now the cops find a guy that fits the description. They want him ID'ed by the woman choked.. he refuses and kicks the police. I think the guy should have just went down and would be vindicated and that would be the end..

Do we suppose to ask the guy are you innocent or guilty ? If they say innocent which I am sure all the guilty ones would say I am innocent do we let them go... even if they murder, rob, steal and just ask him are you the guy ? And let him go.. Common sense tells me no. What kind of law and order is that?
That all works out fine if you trust cops. I'm a middle aged, middle class, white male, and I don't trust cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies