Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 07:27 AM

20,251 posts, read 19,824,138 times

Advertisements

I went from ignoring them to seeing them as a menace to society and nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 07:51 AM

826 posts, read 242,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Anyone who has started to turn against Black people because of this, I have no respect for them. I've dealt with situations where there were White people who personally did horrible things to me, and I've not turned on the entire White population. For that reason, I don't have any respect for those who have decided "forget Black people".
I don't think too many people are turning against black people. People are turning against the BLM organization itself. There seems to be more whites in that organization than blacks. When it comes to day to day life, I am not turning against blacks, but I am very cautious with blacks I don't personally know because I have no idea if they will be a normal human being or if they will be a super triggered victim looking for an opportunity to have their victim mentality justified at my expense. That's been happening much more lately.

Old 09-03-2020, 08:00 AM

30,195 posts, read 23,599,334 times
I'm going to be very honest here:

Since this dumb covid overreaction took the jobs away from millions of people, (including me), I've had to use my back up as my main support right now.

That means I've been doing food and grocery deliveries since March. Not once did I care where they sent me, but yesterday, I was sent to a predominantly black neighborhood. I've been to this area many times, and I've never even thought about it.

But yesterday, when I was walking towards a restaurant to pick up, there was a man on the sidewalk with his pit bull. The pit bull was barking away at some other thing it was looking at, but I'm not going to lie, in my head I thought, "Man, I hope this guy isn't one of those people who think it's funny to kill a white person, and unleashes his dog on me."

I walked into the restaurant, got the order, walked back out, thought the same thing about the guy with his dog, and when I was crossing the parking lot to get back to my car, I noticed a younger lady in her car, sitting half way in and half way out of it, staring right at me....and again I thought, "Man, I hope she isn't part of the group of people who thinks it's funny to kill a white person".

That's how BLM Marxist aholes have changed me this year. I have NEVER been scared of black people before, but now? I sit there and hope they aren't a radical part of this movement. And that really pi$$es me off.

Old 09-03-2020, 08:58 AM

36,128 posts, read 30,603,369 times
I was always sympathetic to victims of racism and vocal, speaking out against racism. Now after the Bowel Movement I see its followers not only as rioting, looting, un-American criminal thugs (Antifa as well) but their stance on racism nothing more than an entitlement, victimhood mentality. The complaints, IMO, are not about equality or discrimination or injustice or fixing real problems but reparations, control/power, being above reproach, self segregating, domination and fabricated fears.

So now anytime talk (news, media, articles, blogs, etc.) turns towards black.....anything, I shut it off. Dont even want to hear about how poor black didnt get what they wanted, had hard times in life, how their great great great great grand was a slave so now every white person owes them. How every disadvantage, every slight, every personal underachievement is due to racism. I guess thats sad because there are some legitimate issues in the black community that need addressed but seems my heart has hardened to it.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:07 AM

36,128 posts, read 30,603,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Anyone who has started to turn against Black people because of this, I have no respect for them. I've dealt with situations where there were White people who personally did horrible things to me, and I've not turned on the entire White population. For that reason, I don't have any respect for those who have decided "forget Black people".
For me anyway, its not about individual people who happen to be black, or all black people, it is the movement, the "cause". Although Im soured over the BLM cause, it doesnt change my feelings toward my black friends, acquittances or random black individuals just because they are black.

IMO that is what racism is, treating someone differently and having a negative opinion of them just because of their skin color or culture.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:21 AM

7,292 posts, read 6,881,139 times
Any group that causes distruction and division creates distrust for the rest of the world.
If you are going to prove you are better than the preception the world has of you, do so by being a better person , not causing trouble . Respect is earned.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:24 AM

37,912 posts, read 21,993,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I’ve hated BLM from the beginning.

Not much of a change for me.
Same.

Anti-American BLM were violent Marxists in 2013, and nothing has changed in 2020.

What has changed is I now know a lot of ant-American pop culture and sports icons who support Marxists.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:31 AM

37,912 posts, read 21,993,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
For me anyway, its not about individual people who happen to be black, or all black people, it is the movement, the "cause". Although Im soured over the BLM cause, it doesnt change my feelings toward my black friends, acquittances or random black individuals just because they are black.

IMO that is what racism is, treating someone differently and having a negative opinion of them just because of their skin color or culture.
Before the "trained Marxists" created BLM in 2013, and Obama came out in support of them, was anyone citing their support for racial equality or justice, by saying the phrase Black Lives Matter? No.

BLM slapped up a sloganistic name to fool naive people into thinking their were supporting something that BLM is not. BLM didn't care that David Dorn was murdered. BLM is not protesting in Chicago or Detroit, over the hundreds of blacks murdered in the streets. BLM just wants to burn the system down, and over throw the institutions of government in the US.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:20 AM

72,846 posts, read 62,272,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Any group that causes distruction and division creates distrust for the rest of the world.
If you are going to prove you are better than the preception the world has of you, do so by being a better person , not causing trouble . Respect is earned.
One thing. Most of us aren't involved in rioting and looting.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:15 AM

72,846 posts, read 62,272,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I had to laugh a little bit at this. Detroit, really has been doing good. Yes there are some hot spots where the violence is, but it really hasn't spilled over into a lot of the popular areas. It's still sketchy but one just has to be aware.
Well, Detroit might be turning a corner. At the same time, it's going to be a long road, and there are still alot of places within Detroit not worth seeing. I'm actually surprised there isn't more disorder going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies