Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 09:52 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
We always see a huge transfer of wealth when the GOP is in the WH and controls the Senate.

Tax cut for the rich and destruction of property by finance or nature.. insurance refused to cover and the banks swoop in and scoop up the scraps.
Maybe they shouldn't have burned down their city.

Of course the insurance should cover it - I'm with you on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 09:57 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
I live two blocks from the mayor’s condo. I could hear a rally in a local park about 9:45 last night. Very loud sound system with someone ranting, followed by a series of chants that had all the aspects of a primitive religious ritual. I couldn’t see them marching down the street because of the street they took, but within a few minutes they shot off a bunch of fireworks in the sky. I only found out this morning they looted a dental office, stole tables from a restaurant, and set fires in the street. I am sick of this and want it stopped NOW. They should all be arrested for rioting.
Are the rioters and looters the ones at the rally using the sound system?

Old 09-01-2020, 10:09 AM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
No, they are not racist, they just do not want to actually provide any service for the premiums businesses and people pay to them! They want people to pay their premiums on time...but then just to go away, dont ever ask for anything!

Why do you think insurance companies constantly have record breaking profits?! Well duh, when you are not actually providing anything and people still give you money...of course they are going to profit like crazy.
Given the usual political bent of that poster you were replying to above, I think, in that particular post, that that poster was being sarcastic rather than serious.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:15 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
The rioters are responsible for the damage caused, but not having appropriate insurance falls squarely on the business owners.

Just like natural disasters - the flood or hurricane isn't your fault, but not having the necessary insurance coverage certainly is.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:29 AM

1,740 posts, read 957,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Are the rioters and looters the ones at the rally using the sound system?
Yes. Although it was loud (the park is three blocks from me), I couldn't make out the words. It was the almost ritualistic like chants that followed that was really creepy. The resemblance between these people and the real Nazis and Fascists is uncanny. And they think THEY are the anti-fascists!!!

Old 09-01-2020, 10:38 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The rioters are responsible for the damage caused, but not having appropriate insurance falls squarely on the business owners.

Just like natural disasters - the flood or hurricane isn't your fault, but not having the necessary insurance coverage certainly is.
What a lot of people don't realize is, just like theft in a store, people that pay for things, who don't steal, will pay for the theft (in this case arson/destruction of buildings).

When Best Buy gets a laptop stolen from their store, Best Buy doesn't eat that expense, they pass it on to their customers who buy the next 'x' amount of laptops in a few more dollars per laptop.

Same is going to happen with these buildings and the insurance.

The other decent tax-paying citizens in the Twin Cities (or perhaps throughout the state or nation) will have to now pay more per month on their insurance.

So...the politicians who allowed this destruction to occur I think have allowed unforgivable acts to occur.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Yes. Although it was loud (the park is three blocks from me), I couldn't make out the words. It was the almost ritualistic like chants that followed that was really creepy. The resemblance between these people and the real Nazis and Fascists is uncanny. And they think THEY are the anti-fascists!!!
So from 3 blocks away you heard a sound system, you couldn't see them marching, and you heard the next day about looting. If you saw looters why didn't you call 911 right then? Thanks for your input. I hear in some cases the rioters and looters come onto the scene after the peaceful demonstrators.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
When Best Buy gets a laptop stolen from their store, Best Buy doesn't eat that expense, they pass it on to their customers who buy the next 'x' amount of laptops in a few more dollars per laptop.

Of course they eat the loss short term. Business insurance costs and losses are not tabulated on a daily basis. Of course prices could be raised daily, but these days if they raise them too far, customers will buy elsewhere.

Old 09-01-2020, 11:03 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
I think Trump would agree on Twitter but I see no action from him to round these scum up. There should be thousands of BLM behind bars as we speak. Honestly, I don’t think Trump cares.
why do people keep saying this?....you know he can't without the permission of all these democrats that run these cities

Old 09-01-2020, 11:04 AM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
...most of these businesses will not be coming back

"In other words, those places are totaled. Those neighborhoods are dead. All those burned-out buildings will just stay the way they are, for who knows how long. All those jobs are gone and they’re not coming back. Nobody’s going to wave a magic wand and bring back what was destroyed by these lawless rioters.

Why would anybody want to stay there if they can afford to move? And what happens to the people who can’t afford to move?

Minneapolis is controlled, at every level, by Democrats. If you think that’s just a coincidence, you just keep on thinking that. And go ahead and blame the insurance companies, instead of the rioters who actually destroyed those businesses."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies