Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 03:08 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times

Advertisements

Seems that they might infect others if they leave campus.
Imagine that.

“Top White House officials rang the alarm bell during a call with the nation’s governors on Monday, pleading with them to advise college presidents in their states to keep COVID-infected students on campus or risk another major outbreak.
Speaking to governors on the call Monday, Vice President Mike Pence echoed Birx’s admonition that infected students remain isolated on campus for fear that asymptomatic transmission could impact wider populations.

“In general, we want to encourage, even when you have test positivity on campuses, we want to encourage universities to have students remain on or near campus and minimize the potential exposure to the larger community,” said Pence. “We really believe—and I spoke to a university president just the other day—in suspending classes for a few weeks, have people study in their rooms, and... that kind of isolation.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...-home?ref=home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 03:11 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
We need to stop listening to these fools

Old 09-01-2020, 03:11 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Birx and Fauci should be quarantined.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:20 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Birx and Fauci should be quarantined.
I have had something else in mind for them based on crimes against humanity.

We have a college in town, and they are quarantining students on campus if they live on campus normally. The odd thing is that if these students use their parents address as their home address, they are counted as a positive case in the county where the parents live, and this seems so "off" to me as it does not reflect how many are truly in the county and have active cases. Very few cases here so far, and they have been in class for a couple of weeks.

I still have a lot of doubts about asymptomatic cases spreading it anyway, add the high rate of inaccuracy in the testing.......... Notice how the narrative keeps changing from the CDC as we get closer to "normal", they pull something else out of their............. With deaths FROM Covid 19, we are now below 10,000 cases, so................

Old 09-01-2020, 04:59 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I have had something else in mind for them based on crimes against humanity.

We have a college in town, and they are quarantining students on campus if they live on campus normally. The odd thing is that if these students use their parents address as their home address, they are counted as a positive case in the county where the parents live, and this seems so "off" to me as it does not reflect how many are truly in the county and have active cases. Very few cases here so far, and they have been in class for a couple of weeks.

I still have a lot of doubts
about asymptomatic cases spreading it anyway, add the high rate of inaccuracy in the testing.......... Notice how the narrative keeps changing from the CDC as we get closer to "normal", they pull something else out of their............. With deaths FROM Covid 19, we are now below 10,000 cases, so................

I have a lot of doubt when opinions are presented as facts with no supporting evidence.

Old 09-01-2020, 05:01 PM

826 posts, read 245,090 times
Wise decision. Hopefully colleges and universities have enough functioning brain cells to realize they should not send the virus back to grandma and grandpa. Keep it contained where it does little damage.

Old 09-01-2020, 05:03 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Why? Because most college students don't have symptoms when infected by COVID-19?

Old 09-01-2020, 05:05 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Seems that they might infect others if they leave campus.
Imagine that.
This is smart as they should stay around young people that aren't at risk at all. Of course the mainstream media will focus on that one young person that died, all you need to do is look at statistics. The death rate of this thing now is almost within normal parameters. In other words, COVID isn't a factor in our normal death rate. Look at the charts. This thing is over. The Democrats want to hang onto it until the election of course.

Old 09-01-2020, 05:22 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
These are adults, not kids. College is strictly voluntary. The colleges have all offered online options. Bottom line, ADULTS chose to put themselves in a group living situation. They do need to stay at college if infected, they do not need to take CoVid home to older adults.

Besides, isn’t it a good idea to expose these young healthy adults to CoVid so they will no longer present a risk as a symptomatic carrier when they do go home? Get it over with and there will be less people to pass it around.

Old 09-01-2020, 05:24 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So Pence is a fool now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies