Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 12:01 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times

Advertisements

If BLM is going to burn down a city every time a black person is shot by police for any reason, then they are going to be homeless very soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 12:05 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
You do know that white’s are shot by the police as well. Actually more whites are shot by the police than blacks.

This year alone, double the amount of whites vs blacks were shot by police.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/
I don't give a crap what color you are, you decide to go on the other side of the law and then you want to fight with LE, you are going to get burned, and I don't feel bad for you. I would feel bad for those who were innocent and LE truly stepped over the line, but that almost never happens. Those who have run-ins with LE are having them for a reason.

Old 09-01-2020, 12:10 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
S_G didn't claim that in this situation anyone was reaching for a gun. Instead, a blanket statement was made that, 'it wouldn't matter IF someone was reaching for a gun to some people.'
please quote full sentences and exact words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

But ultimately, as I have touched upon several times in the past, it doesn't matter to some people if in fact the man punched an officer and was reaching for a gun.

https://wsvn.com/news/us-world/fatal...n-los-angeles/

key words:

"in fact "

"the" ("the man" not a man )

"punched an officer"

"and was reaching for a gun."

So far no news reports talked about reaching, Suburban Guy made that up
as we can see the statement was not in hypothetical form of "a man" or "If"

Old 09-01-2020, 12:17 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
please quote full sentences and exact words

key words:

"in fact "

"the" ("the man" not a man )

"punched an officer"

"and was reaching for a gun."

So far no news reports talked about reaching, Suburban Guy made that up
as we can see the statement was not in hypothetical form of "a man" or "If"

Wrong keywords.

But ultimately, as I have touched upon several times in the past, it doesn't matter to some people if in fact the man punched an officer and was reaching for a gun.

The poster is saying:

But in the end, as I've stated previously, it doesn't matter to some people if.......

Or do you think the OP has a time machine and spoke about this event in the past?

Old 09-01-2020, 12:25 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
I'm just sick of seeing black men being shot by the police. We see it far too often, and something needs to change.
What has to change is blacks resisting arrest and getting in the police car and face the consequences of breaking the law and act like a man.

Old 09-01-2020, 12:27 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Shot an unarmed man. And seriously stopped him for a bicycle violation? I wish they would do that to the spandex clad cyclists around my house who run lights and ignore traffic laws. Riding while black is apparently more serious.
Having lived near the city border most of my life while the LAPD had a fearful reputation we always thought patrolling Sheriff's deputies were on the other side of crazy dangerous. I have been in the line of fire as they drew down on a girl who broke her ex boyfriend's house window. I admit that I don't know what he said she did.

I did work this particular neighborhood 20 years ago and back then someone riding around on his bike would be a suspected lookout for a crack house or drug stash. And the community reaction would have been the same then as it is now in the BLM era.

Old 09-01-2020, 12:30 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
So they shot him after they noticed he dropped a gun they weren't aware he had in the first place?

How is this a "good shoot"?

Old 09-01-2020, 12:35 PM

11,781 posts, read 5,795,007 times
While I think that many shots were excessive - they didn't know if he was armed with another weapon. I'd really hate to be your partner in the streets - we'd both be dead.

Old 09-01-2020, 12:35 PM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times
Because it’s a fad for liberals. They care less about black lives than anyone. If it looks good on Facebook and Instagram they are all over it.

Old 09-01-2020, 12:36 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So they shot him after they noticed he dropped a gun they weren't aware he had in the first place?

How is this a "good shoot"?
Errr....you wanted them to shoot him before they saw he had a gun?

Let's wait for the bodycam information to come out. (or not, after all LA is a *progressive city* 12 years behind my town. Apparently, progressive city goes hand in hand with letting their cops get away with anything, then whining about it and blaming others if politically useful. )

Then the partisans can ignore their own two eyes and post the same made up BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies