Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve of Black Lives Matter (The group)
Yes, I approve 21 13.29%
No, I disapprove 137 86.71%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 04:44 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
I am a person of color and I think BLM and Antifa are both terrorist groups! Neither one of them have done anything to improve Black Lives but have burnt and looted plenty of Black businesses and assaulted and even killed people of all races.
Neither has any of elected leaders. They just give lip service
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 04:48 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
BLM is largely supported even among white people this forum has skewed radical right over the last 5 years. I rarely even bother to read the crazy opinions on here no one takes most of the nonsense posted on here seriously.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:49 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
BLM is largely supported even among white people this forum has skewed radical right over the last 5 years. I rarely even bother to read the crazy opinions on here no one takes most of the nonsense posted on here seriously.
If you think BLM is "largely supported" you are out of your mind.

Especially after this violent rampage they've gone on this Summer.

Sorry.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:54 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
If you think BLM is "largely supported" you are out of your mind.

Especially after this violent rampage they've gone on this Summer.

Sorry.
He's definitely out of his mind if he's sticking to CNN and the Washington Post, how could he not be

Then all these people are confused when Donald Trump gets elected

Old 09-02-2020, 04:56 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
I agree that our system needs an update if not an overhaul. I didn't know until BLM that police officers can murder someone and not be held accountable. The Daniel Shaver incident makes me sick. Google him if you don't know who that is. The perception is that this affects POC more. There is a dispute on if that is true or not so I won't get into that. If I thought I was being singled out because of my race (be it true or not) I would throw the cops some lip too. If I knew they had accountability I would be more likely to comply. That would make it easier on the officers as well. So I agree that this is something we need to look into and not brush off with "what-about-black-on-black-crime-but-officers-get-shot-too." People who do things like that are criminals and we hold criminals accountable.

Old 09-02-2020, 05:05 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
18 misguided folks so far...

Old 09-02-2020, 06:50 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Yes because I interpret the bulk of the movement to be centered on legitimate complaints about how law enforcement's techniques needlessly harms Black people. I view the violent element to be the minority of BLM, often including ANTIFA and other White Marxists. If most Black people are on the radical left why did they vote Biden over Bernie?

In the same way I don't assume most Pro Life people support bombing clinics or jeering at women and doctors walking into them.
The Silent Majority and a few rational people on this sub-forum agree with you.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2020...tter-movement/

Old 09-02-2020, 06:55 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
newsflash....

most of republicans do not support racism and do not support police misuse of force.

BLM is a front for a deeper darker political objective. You can be against racism and be against the BLM organization at the same time.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:29 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
newsflash....

most of republicans do not support racism and do not support police misuse of force.

BLM is a front for a deeper darker political objective. You can be against racism and be against the BLM organization at the same time.
Right, this is not rocket science.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:35 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
This is a general approval poll. Add up all the perceived good and bad in your mind about the group.

Do you approve or disapprove of them?

This is a poll on the GROUP, not the slogan. Most normal people agree that all lives matter, including those of blacks.
Only fellow America hating Marxists agree with BLM. Some people who are uninformed about who and what BLM are, might read the name Black Lives Matter, and ignorantly infer otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies