Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 04:07 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,475,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I agree illegal immigration is a problem those jobs will always be filled with lowest cost labor. I see America moving toward higher tech and educated society. If at least community college was free for everyone who meets min standard we could uplift our society. People argue that nothing should be free, but the pay off is everyone will be richer if everyone is uplifted. The only way to move forward and completely stamp out racism is to create jobs, and educate our people. Education isn't just about learning to do a job.

I have worked for corporations for 25 years and have seen racism. It can be just a despairing remark about a minority which makes no sense. I have seen managers not allow a promotion based on their racism. They don't say what they really think, but their actions demonstrate it along with their despairing remark made at other times about others. The large corporations I have worked for 100% old white men at the executive level that's not by chance.

Co-worker of mine he is black when the Gorge Floyd incident happened we just happen to be talking. His background is retired from the Marine core masters degree from ASU in computer science. He told me a story where his wife and him was shopping at a store were asked to open their coats because store security thought they stole something. They had been pulled over in their higher end Lexus and asked if they owned that car where were they going. This happens like once a year. I was kind of shocked what he was telling me I haven't been pulled over in 25 years.
When I was relatively young (early 30s), and asked for vacation time for a much-anticipated trip to Europe, the company did an audit on me to make sure I wasn’t embezzling. They said it was routine, but I was the only person I knew of who was audited, and it was the day after I asked for time off to go to Europe. They obviously were suspicious as to how someone like me could afford that. Bunch of racists.

P.S. I’m white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 04:14 AM

7,251 posts, read 3,446,495 times
Ask Eric Garner about systemic racism and why he dies for selling loose cigarettes. It's because in liberal NYC they raised the costs of tobacco so high to save lives, it created a niche market for loose cigarette sales which are illegal and police enforced the law with deadly results. Well intentioned law, unintended results. Just one example of why we need more liberty and less of these laws that affect people disproportionately

Old 09-04-2020, 04:53 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,505,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Ask Eric Garner about systemic racism and why he dies for selling loose cigarettes. It's because in liberal NYC they raised the costs of tobacco so high to save lives, it created a niche market for loose cigarette sales which are illegal and police enforced the law with deadly results. Well intentioned law, unintended results. Just one example of why we need more liberty and less of these laws that affect people disproportionately
So a well intentioned law is systematic racism?

Are you suggesting black people are unable to quit smoking?

Old 09-04-2020, 04:58 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,599,055 times
Systemic Racism Explained

Translation : How to understand Marxist propaganda to create hatred and division !!!

Old 09-04-2020, 05:23 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,657,213 times
systemic racism isn't a thing, it is just some stupid buzzword bingo in use by the brain dead liberals to push cancel culture.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:00 AM

7,251 posts, read 3,446,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
So a well intentioned law is systematic racism?

Are you suggesting black people are unable to quit smoking?
No, but the laws we put in place do have a disproportionate effect on people of lower socioeconomic standing. If you have lots of money, a 15 dollar pack of smokes is nothing. If you are "the working poor" that pack of smokes is harder to get. That created the market for people to sell individual cigs to those who had the nicotine addiction and needed a smoke asap (like the homeless). Could you imagine if we started taxing abortions the same way cigarettes were taxes? You would have those back alley abortions I hear so much about.

Also, your car gets towed which happens often in inner cities, you can be out thousands of dollars in fines and fees. To someone making poverty wages, that is a huge hardship. So again, that's the system and it is stacked against the poor.

Old 09-04-2020, 07:21 AM

88,774 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I agree illegal immigration is a problem those jobs will always be filled with lowest cost labor. I see America moving toward higher tech and educated society. If at least community college was free for everyone who meets min standard we could uplift our society. People argue that nothing should be free, but the pay off is everyone will be richer if everyone is uplifted. The only way to move forward and completely stamp out racism is to create jobs, and educate our people. Education isn't just about learning to do a job.

I have worked for corporations for 25 years and have seen racism. It can be just a despairing remark about a minority which makes no sense. I have seen managers not allow a promotion based on their racism. They don't say what they really think, but their actions demonstrate it along with their despairing remark made at other times about others. The large corporations I have worked for 100% old white men at the executive level that's not by chance.

Co-worker of mine he is black when the Gorge Floyd incident happened we just happen to be talking. His background is retired from the Marine core masters degree from ASU in computer science. He told me a story where his wife and him was shopping at a store were asked to open their coats because store security thought they stole something. They had been pulled over in their higher end Lexus and asked if they owned that car where were they going. This happens like once a year. I was kind of shocked what he was telling me I haven't been pulled over in 25 years.
Actually, each generation of Americans is getting dumber, not better educated. Here's how we know:

Quote:
"U.S. millennials performed horribly.

That might even be an understatement, given the extent of the American shortcomings. No matter how you sliced the data – by class, by race, by education – young Americans were laggards compared to their international peers. In every subject, U.S. millennials ranked at the bottom or very close to it, according to a new study by testing company ETS.

“We were taken aback,” said ETS researcher Anita Sands. “We tend to think millennials are really savvy in this area. But that’s not what we are seeing.”

...This exam [OECD's PIAAC], given in 23 countries, assessed the thinking abilities and workplace skills of adults. It focused on literacy, math and technological problem-solving. The goal was to figure out how prepared people are to work in a complex, modern society. And U.S. millennials performed horribly...

But surely America’s brightest were on top?

Nope.

U.S. millennials with master’s degrees and doctorates did better than their peers in only three countries, Ireland, Poland and Spain...The ETS study noted that a decade ago the skill level of American adults was judged mediocre. “Now it is below even that.” So Millennials are falling even further behind.

Top-scoring US millennials – the 90th percentile on the PIAAC test – were at the bottom internationally, ranking higher only than their peers in Spain.
The bottom scorers (10th percentile) also lagged behind their peers."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.caf173a2db29

Let that sink in...

"But surely America’s brightest were on top?

Nope."

Furthermore, the dumbing-down was intentional. Beginning in the 1960s, SJW education gurus began making radical changes in the US K-12 education system to specifically social engineer "equal educational outcomes" in an effort to achieve "equality" and "social cohesion." Naturally, they achieved neither, and all we're left with now is a deliberately dumbed-down populace. Here's how it happened, and why:
Quote:
"While students in the bottom quartile have shown slow but steady improvement since the 1960s, average test scores have nonetheless gone down, primarily because of the performance of those in the top quartile. This "highest cohort of achievers," Rudman writes, has shown "the greatest declines across a variety of subjects as well as across age-level groups." Analysts have also found "a substantial drop among those children in the middle range of achievement"

...The contrast was stark: schools that had "severely declining test scores" had "moved determinedly toward heterogeneous grouping" (that is, mixed students of differing ability levels in the same classes), while the "schools who have maintained good SAT [Stanford Achievement Test, for grades K-12] scores" tended "to prefer homogeneous grouping [ability/skill-level grouping, aka tracking]."

If attaining educational excellence is this simple, why have these high-quality schools become so rare? The answer lies in the cultural ferment of the 1960s.

THE INCUBUS OF THE SIXTIES

In every conceivable fashion the reigning ethos of those times was hostile to excellence in education. Individual achievement fell under intense suspicion, as did attempts to maintain standards. Discriminating among students on the basis of ability or performance was branded "elitist." Educational gurus of the day called for essentially nonacademic schools, whose main purpose would be to build habits of social cooperation and equality rather than to train the mind."
The Other Crisis in American Education - The Atlantic

Much more at the link.

Old 09-04-2020, 07:38 AM

34,177 posts, read 18,482,484 times
HB-1 Visa Indians are eating younger Americans' lunch and taking their jobs. They are smarter, work much harder and are less expensive to large corporations.

Old 09-04-2020, 09:29 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
HB-1 Visa Indians are eating younger Americans' lunch and taking their jobs. They are smarter, work much harder and are less expensive to large corporations.
All the Indians are smarter, all the Americans are worse?

Old 09-04-2020, 09:54 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,711,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What about when the Democrats and news media called the Floyd death caused by systemic racism, where the state governor, Attorney General. , city mayor and DA, the city counsel, and police chief are all run and controlled by Democrats? Oh yeah, the dems blame Trump and Republicans
Actual Systemic Racism is when Tony Timpa dies in exactly the same manner as George Floyd -- High out of his mind with a cop kneeling on him until he was dead -- and there was no outrage whatsoever. No "Justice for Tony Timpa" movement formed. No riots in the streets. When some a-hole cop was playing 'Simon Says' at gunpoint with an unarmed and nonthreatening Daniel Shaver, only to shoot him dead when he screwed up at the game, there was no hoard of angry people marching through the streets demanding justice for Shaver. There are hundreds more examples and the only reason that nobody cares: They're white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies