Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 09:00 AM

826 posts, read 245,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ic/5686402002/

Full disclosure. I'm a liberal. I own a rental housing business.

Note that this moratorium does not in any way provide assistance to landlords. You know what this moratorium will do? Drive the small landlord businesses out of business because only the big guys will survive this. Small landlord businesses like mine has received zero assistance and will receive zero assistance.

I don't get it. Conservatives claim to favor small businesses. But why keep trying to kill us off?
From what I read it is being done to limit the spread of the virus. They don't want displaced people with limited funds going all over the place trying to find different places to live day by day and spreading the virus as a result. We need to follow the science, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 09:02 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,694,677 times
A landlord told me that she only profited on rent about 8 months out of the year because they did their own maintenance. Slum lords who hire out their maintenance with these jack leg handy man types will be hurt'n. That could mean a land lord could go 5 months with out rent in some states where eviction can take 30 days. I can totally understand if a renter stops paying rent and plans on building up cash to make a get away by the 2021 and start all over somewhere else.

I don't feel sorry for these landlords. The industry creates an inordinate amount of transience in some communities by keeping affordable houses off the market.

Old 09-02-2020, 09:03 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,072,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Trump has been a democrat most of his life. He's not a traditional conservative by any stretch of the imagination. However, the alternative to Trump is Biden, pAntifa and BLM destroying your rental properties, burning your houses/businesses down, and calling you a racist/nazi if you should lift one finger in self defense. The cherry on top is they want to take your guns and police away.

Vote wisely.
I will vote wisely, for neither of the two.

Old 09-02-2020, 09:04 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,641,036 times
I had no idea the CDC could even make such a decision.

Old 09-02-2020, 09:08 AM

17,461 posts, read 14,691,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I had no idea the CDC could even make such a decision.
I had no idea the federal government had control over state level evictions they had no interest in.

States rights and all that jazz.

I'm so angry right now.

Old 09-02-2020, 09:54 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,810,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Trump has been a democrat most of his life. He's not a traditional conservative by any stretch of the imagination. However, the alternative to Trump is Biden, pAntifa and BLM destroying your rental properties, burning your houses/businesses down, and calling you a racist/nazi if you should lift one finger in self defense. The cherry on top is they want to take your guns and police away.

Vote wisely.
LOL I wish BLM or Antifa would come and burn my rental house down. That would be sweet. I wouldn't be out there busting my buns for 32 straight days now trying to get it ready for sale. I'm glad about the moratorium on evictions. It buys us a little more time before the foreclosures start and the housing market tanks.

Are you paranoid much? I haven't seen any Antifa or BLM members any where near our rental darn it. How do I get them to come? My guns? I think they're safe. I got my FOID card under Obama, and yep. They're still in my house safely locked away.

Old 09-02-2020, 09:57 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,608,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I had no idea the federal government had control over state level evictions they had no interest in.

States rights and all that jazz.

I'm so angry right now.
I’m thinking it’s not going to hold up in court but it will take longer than 2-3 months to get that decision so it doesn’t matter.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 09-02-2020, 05:41 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,282,820 times
I'm a liberal and this amounts to a taking of rights without compensation. It's a half measure and a shameless political ploy. Sounded good but like everything Trump touches it's a mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies