Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 02:54 PM

38,603 posts, read 26,220,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
He is a buffer between we Americans and the globalist cabal. That alone is worth the price of admission. Everything else is just icing on the cake.
This^^^

Hillary would have sold us out to the highest bidder and we would have never known anything about spying on the Trump campaign.

We dodged a huge bullet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 02:59 PM

25,339 posts, read 16,983,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
Two questions for those that support Trump:

1. What has he done for you that you continue to support him so much?

2. Putting aside political affiliations, what do you like so much about him as a person?.........
1........He was the best choice on the ballot in November, 2016. He hasn't done anything "for me" and I don't want him to. I want him to deregulate government so that I can fend for myself. So far, so good.

2........I Don't think I would like him as a person. I do like him as President, though.

See how all that works?

Old 09-02-2020, 03:08 PM

18,512 posts, read 7,260,386 times
Quote:
Two questions for those that support Trump:

1. What has he done for you that you continue to support him so much?

2. Putting aside political affiliations, what do you like so much about him as a person?

I understand that most Presidents have some faults and some not so likable qualities, but I fail to see anything positive about this man. And if you're going to list something like Law & order at least back it up.
Questions for you:

1. Why would you imagine that all Trump voters think he has done anything *for* them?

2. Why do you think all Trump voters like anything about him as a person?

Your first question is particularly silly. People are voting for Trump because of all the horrible things Biden and his supporters hope to do *to* them and the nation. It's about the future, not the past.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:08 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,774,856 times
Quote:
Fair enough, but where do you stand on the President complaining that the election is going to be rigged? Doesn't that cause distrust, instability and destruction of our national morale? I understand he's doing it to protect his ego, but it's still sowing distrust. If he loses, it was rigged. If he wins, it was rigged, but look how great I am.
Yes, it does. People should NOT be saying this stuff out loud, including Trump!! Bernie was doing this back in 2016 primaries also. It isn't a fight to be had in the public sphere. The Democrats are also seeding the idea that Trump won't leave the WH if he loses. Various media outlets writing articles about Trump having to be 'removed.' Pelosi calling Trump and the Republicans an 'enemy of the state.' It's all bad. These are lows no one should sink to. Journalists and politicians should have the public good in mind. It is ruining the country.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:10 PM

2,956 posts, read 1,142,368 times
Don't feed the OP!!

Old 09-02-2020, 03:12 PM

18,512 posts, read 7,260,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
as opposed to your side who believes they are a reliable source of saying what liberals think?
The social science shows that conservatives are a more accurate in describing what liberals think than (a) liberals are in describing what conservatives think and (b) liberals are in describing what *liberals* think.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:24 PM

494 posts, read 178,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
ok. so if i can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are wrong when you said " He hasn't done a damn thing for anyone. " will you restate the above with an acknowledgement that he has in fact done things for people?

1. Even according to Van Jones, a hard left Trump hater, Donald Trump "single handedly saved Historically Black Colleges and Universities".

But he didn't. Congress passed the Futures Act, which he signed. He didn't do it. he hasn't obstructed it, but he hasn't done the above.

2. Trump fought for, and got passed the First Step act that has freed huge numbers of young black men from prison. 1st Step, overturned the 1994 Crime Bill that was the most systemically racist law in modern American history. It sent a massive and disproportionate number of young black me to prison.

he gets his due credit for this.

3. His ripping up NAFTA and replacing it with the USMCA has been a HUGE economic win for American manufacturing. EVERYONE agrees this treaty is vastly better than NAFTA.

I don't think everyone agrees with this. His nationalistic treaty approach will most likely deter other trade agreements in the future.

4. Chuck Schumer has absolutely admitted that taking a tougher line with China was a good thing. Thomas Freedman (a noted liberal and Nobel prize winner for economics) has recently stated that Trumps approach is correct.

yes, a tougher stance on China was necessary, but Trump being trump, instead of bringing in other allies to fight this trade war with China wanted to go it alone. We cannot win this war with China by ourselves and that is from Thomas Friedman.

5. In addition to USMCA, Trump has reworked economic treaties with Japan and S. Korea that are universally considered wins for America.
6. He forced NATO members to increase their spending on defense by hundreds of billions of dollars, effectively making them live up to the agreements that they had promised but had refused to live up to.

Again he did no such thing. He requested that our direct funding be lowered to 16% down from 22% even though we have the largest economy. In 2014, NATO member countries agreed to meet the guidelines of 2% of GDP for funding by 2024. That was in place an din the works well before he took office.

7. His economic package included the creation of Economic Opportunity Zones that have brought real jobs into underserved minority communities.
8. Before COVID Trumps work on the economy saw the lowest unemployment rates in minority demographics since we started keeping those statistics.

true, but those rates were steadily declining for years (2010) and did not see a steeper decline with Trump in office. He did nothing to help them. he didn't make it worse, but he didn't create that number.

9. Economic gains in terms of real wealth among minority groups were the largest in history.

See above, but the median household income for minorities was higher under Obama.

10. While the building of the wall has been slow, Trump negotiated with the Mexican government and there are thousands of Mexican troops on their side of the wall, guarding the wall and turning people away.

This is just a short list of things Trump has done that help people. Many of these are people he has helped that don't benefit him. I could add to this list another hundred things Mr. Trump has accomplished but this is enough. You are wrong about Mr. Trump. You are wrong about what he has done. Donald Trump, in addition to all the things he has done that are very conservative (Court pics and tax legislation) has stood by his promise to be the best friend to the African American community even if they don't vote for him. HE said that and he has done that. No president has fought to end systemic racism in US CODE to a greater degree since the Civil Rights era. period.
I have to respectfully disagree with you on the last point.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:34 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,779,035 times
Simple. I don't want what democrats are selling. I don't need government to do anything for me.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:39 PM

18,399 posts, read 6,999,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
as opposed to your side who believes they are a reliable source of saying what liberals think?

Don't have to.

Liberals come straight out and tell you about their self loathing, blame white America for everything agenda.

All you have to do is let them talk.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:39 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,078,632 times
Quote:
You're seriously asking this on an internet forum? I'll play along..............40, MBA from Harvard, PhD from MIT and my 3 main sources of news are Facebook experts, Scholastic News that you get in elementary school and The View. What good are those questions.............come on.
sure I'm asking. It sets an expectation for what you do and don't know. What are better questions to ask someone who apparently had no idea the topic has been discussed for years and gets his answers from regurgitated talking points?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies