Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 06:02 AM

20,831 posts, read 17,022,632 times

Advertisements

Who would have thought that the multiple failures of the black culture and it's racism towards caucasians would have upended professional sports and opened up a chasm of violence in our culture.

We still have a presidential candidate citing Michael Brown as a victim. Black men knocking over and harming elderly people on our streets in broad daylight. Cities torched to satisfy the lust of violence of unemployed black youth.

There is going to be blowback on all of this. And, it's going to be a hurricane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 06:03 AM

34,163 posts, read 18,446,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Who would have thought that the multiple failures of the black culture and it's racism towards caucasians would have upended professional sports and opened up a chasm of violence in our culture.

We still have a presidential candidate citing Michael Brown as a victim. Black men knocking over and harming elderly people on our streets in broad daylight. Cities torched to satisfy the lust of violence of unemployed black youth.

There is going to be blowback on all of this. And, it's going to be a hurricane.
^^^^This. All of it!

Old 09-03-2020, 06:36 AM

34,163 posts, read 18,446,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Oh well. Maybe more people will spend less time glued to the TV and spend more quality time with family.
Yes! Exactly. People will be out and about more participating in life rather than being a spectator.

Old 09-03-2020, 06:40 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I hope you realize you sound just like the BLM folks when you use their talking points

Old 09-03-2020, 07:23 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,518,206 times
Quote:
Oh well. Maybe more people will spend less time glued to the TV and spend more quality time with family.
Many family gatherings involve watching a game. And yes, it's quality time and goes beyond just watching the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Good, whatever it takes to get the old fans away from the sport. In with the new crop. And hopefully they aren't a bunch of racists like their grandparents.
Are you suggesting that people who want a relief from the drudgery of the real world and escape for a few hours watching a game without such distractions, are racist? Or are you suggesting that everyone of a certain age is racist?

Say what you mean here instead of ***** footing around.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:29 AM

16,237 posts, read 5,843,961 times
Quote:
^ this^. It is exactly what happened with me. Sunday trips to state parks. Time for working on projects. Time with my son and daughters.

Great post.

Old 09-03-2020, 08:55 AM

4,895 posts, read 2,995,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
LOL! Your out of your mind. Not much sports knowledge between your ears, that is for sure.
I'll wager you're an Eagle fan:

Ray Lewis: I just think it’s really hard. I would not want to play football in today’s times, because [of] the integrity of the game. We had defensive players, but it seems like there is no such thing as defensive players once you cross those lines. Tuck rule, can’t hit the quarterback low, can’t go high. Your head can’t engage with another guy’s head.
You’re asking a defensive player to get hurt, first and foremost. Quarterbacks now have the liberty to run, to fake slide, to keep going, to fake like they’re going out of bounds. We’ve always been reactive to the offensive side of the ball. Now we have to deal with fines, getting kicked out. Now the game is diluted. This is fantasy football. That’s all it is. That’s what this game is about now, fantasy football.
https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/...avor-offenses/

Old 09-03-2020, 09:05 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,057,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Many family gatherings involve watching a game. And yes, it's quality time and goes beyond just watching the game.

Are you suggesting that people who want a relief from the drudgery of the real world and escape for a few hours watching a game without such distractions, are racist? Or are you suggesting that everyone of a certain age is racist?

Say what you mean here instead of ***** footing around.

The Left, these days, are subtly implying they want genocide of whites (all "old whites" need to die off). Their message has been genocidal for some time now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Die hard Cowboys fan since I was 7. They were my dad's team. Ive seen them play in DC, New York, Philadelphia, Denver and Detroit. I haven't watched a game since 2017. My counter protest.
I miss rooting for the boys, and I miss watching games with my son. He is a Bears guy.

Real fans? true fans? It's always more than the game. Ask any Eagles fan. Bunch of psychos. For some of us principle by far outweighs any game.

Jerry used to have integrity.

Didn't he say his players would never kneel? And then didn't he kneel on the sidelines with the communists on his team?

And to me, it's not about the anthem at all. It's about Kaepernick is an avowed communist, and he is the one who started all this sickness, and all the players that kneel, are saying they "stand" with a communist and a communist's message. It isn't about the anthem at all (for me).

Old 09-03-2020, 09:06 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,152,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ill-not-relent

NFL to feature social justice messages on end zones in every stadium as Goodell says league will 'not relent'
by Emma Colton, Social Media Manager | September 02, 2020 09:54 AM

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell doubled down on the league's support for Black Lives Matter activism, including featuring social justice messages on end zones.

“The NFL stands with the black community, the players, clubs, and fans,” Goodell said Tuesday. “We will not relent in our work.”

“Confronting recent systemic racism with tangible and productive steps is absolutely essential ... We will redouble our efforts to be catalysts for the urgent and sustainable change that our society and communities so desperately need," he continued.

I wonder if Roger Goodell will address the systemic racism of black players that think Hews control the world

Not holding my breath on that one
The owners don't really believe in this - but they are doing it for financial reasons, plain and simple.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:09 AM

8,893 posts, read 2,931,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The owners don't really believe in this - but they are doing it for financial reasons, plain and simple.
They are doing it because they are TERRIFIED of being called "racists" at their cocktail parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies