Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2020, 02:06 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Contrived unity under the banner of a racist/communist organization, is not unity.

Just like the leftist fools that run around with COEXIST tee shirts and bumper stickers, who claim to want unity, but only if it comports with their own leftist ideology.
Otherwise unity be damned, as they will just try to call you names and/or shout you down.

I suspect some were die hard fans and were hoping for as little of the anti-American PC rubbish as possible. Then when they see them pulling yet another stunt under the banner of BLM, they rightly booed.

These leagues may as well just demand every person attending a game, must pump their fist and recite "Black Lives Matter," or not be allowed inside the stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2020, 02:12 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Again, you mistake opinion and withdrawing support, with attempting to ruin/destroy someone/something.
So while I would like to see the NFL and any similar BLM aligned business suffer the consequences of their "wokeness", I will not try to actively put them out of business.

Cancel culture (as you should know by now) is something much worse. So you are either intentionally obtuse or just trying to troll other posters.

If they go under I will not shed any tears, but I will not be doing XYZ to try and drive them under.

`
https://en.as.com/en/2020/06/14/othe...44_608322.html

https://twitter.com/EricTrump

https://www.pinterest.com/raeccc/boycott-nfl/

https://www.facebook.com/AmericansBoycottingTheNFL/

You have to scroll past all the money pleas from the dumbest trump to get to his boycott news

Old 09-11-2020, 02:14 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,229,121 times
I tuned out Thursday.

I picked up on an SI article this morning that during commercial breaks it was ad after ad for, you know, the cause and all.

Was it that relentless? And did the ends zone have reminder messages, too?

Old 09-11-2020, 02:17 PM

13,947 posts, read 5,619,580 times
Good for Goodell. I guess.

I don't give a hoot what other people choose to do, believe, etc, but I am not watching any sport that goes woke and mixes politics and social activism with sports. As of now, I have golf and European soccer to watch without getting scolded by SJW nonsense, so I will watch those, but I'll happily dump both of them over this crap if they go down that road.

None of the pro sports put out a product that is worth enduring the sociopolitical nonsense. Not one. There isn't a team I cheer for hard enough to make enduring SJW scolding worth it. Not one. Their business and they can run it whatever way they see fit. Doesn't mean I have to be a paying customer though.

Will my lack of support matter to all these millionaires (players) and billionaires (owners)? Nope. Not one bit. But I couldn't care less really. Not watching pro sports won't change my life much other than give me increased free time and more flexible scheduling on the weekends.

Old 09-11-2020, 02:18 PM

5,103 posts, read 2,048,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Since you bring Hockey up, everyone should watch this conversation between PK Subban and Sean Avery. Ave being one of the most outspoken athletes that ever played pro sports hits it out of the park.
He explains why white athletes support the racial injustice movement, and also makes a very good point about today's policing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1zbuas9ZMw&t=6s
It could be interesting to have them chatting with Terry Crews on the subject and also about black on black crime as this Youtuber mentionned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zK4LNC6JrQ

And another Youtuber dropped a interesting comment on PK Subban video who might be worth to quote.
https://archive.vn/f8X6D#selection-6949.0-6949.392
Quote:
The biggest problem, is the inner city culture, living in city for many years , then moving to suburbs , Young black man act very different! Its a fact, young men need , to grow up with more respect for elderly and law enfocement , and they dont in the City , most are very confrontational . That needs to be fixed. , its not about skin color, but it is about culture , that Police react too.

Old 09-11-2020, 02:38 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Good for Goodell. I guess.

I don't give a hoot what other people choose to do, believe, etc, but I am not watching any sport that goes woke and mixes politics and social activism with sports. As of now, I have golf and European soccer to watch without getting scolded by SJW nonsense, so I will watch those, but I'll happily dump both of them over this crap if they go down that road.

None of the pro sports put out a product that is worth enduring the sociopolitical nonsense. Not one. There isn't a team I cheer for hard enough to make enduring SJW scolding worth it. Not one. Their business and they can run it whatever way they see fit. Doesn't mean I have to be a paying customer though.

Will my lack of support matter to all these millionaires (players) and billionaires (owners)? Nope. Not one bit. But I couldn't care less really. Not watching pro sports won't change my life much other than give me increased free time and more flexible scheduling on the weekends.
I only watch European soccer at this point too. I really can't take the BLM BS anymore.

Old 09-11-2020, 02:40 PM

8,219 posts, read 3,483,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I think the wording they went with is more or less fine, it's not political even if we know it's an offshoot of the current situation. What I have a problem with is (1) players not coming out for the anthem, (2) kneeling on the anthem, and (3) the NFL inventing a "Black anthem" which is complete nonsense and INCREDIBLY INSULTING, they are saying the star spangled banner is a white anthem, there is no way to deny this
It's about society being conquered one bit at a time.

Old 09-11-2020, 03:37 PM

380 posts, read 125,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Lmao at thinking someone protesting for equality is an eff you to America. What type of America do you want? One where people can’t protest or use the first amendment?
If certain black people feel 'unequal,' that's a personal problem. They have the same rights and opportunity as everybody else.

The players are protesting for nothing.

Old 09-11-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
You guys would’ve been out here booing Jackie Robinson when sports were integrated. Sports has always been about more than the game.
Not me.

I wanna see the best players available.

Old 09-11-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I would dare you to walk into an nfl locker room and spout your nonsense.
I would.

There's this thing known as an 'equalizer' ...

Last edited by devdaen; 09-11-2020 at 03:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies