Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2020, 09:00 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,297,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Irrelevant point.

It was the same network in previous years for week 2. And the ratings are comparing the 2020 Week 2 Thursday Night game to previous years' Week 2 Thursday Night game.

The difference is that for the first time ever they are letting outside of home views count so if you watched it at your local bar you now count in the ratings. This should massively inflate ratings. It isn't.

So the fact that it barely beat 2019 by a razor thin margin (2019's Week 2 TNF game had to compete with the Democratic primary) and it is the 2nd worst since 2011 says a lot, especially as if they didn't change how they measure ratings to inflate the numbers it would be the worst since 2011 or earlier.
My apologies, I did not realize or remember that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2020, 09:07 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
Ok I will listen to the social justice message- football players that beat up women get a free pass -? Did I get it?
But the rest of us got to pay mega bucks From our blue collar paycheck -for a stadium seat to watch you grieve your multimillion dollar Football star- oppression /Inequality status

Old 09-19-2020, 02:55 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,228,168 times
Been watching College Football today, flipping between the various channels - only saw one "woke" commercial during halftime of the first Saturday morning game.

College Game Day was free of woke/BLM segments too.

Old 09-19-2020, 03:22 PM

8,216 posts, read 3,481,358 times
Default Malik Jackson: Eagles wanted both teams to take a knee, Washington said no

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...nPCnte3xy8h28o

The Redskins have already lost a lot over this mess. They are now getting flack for refusing to take a knee. Many Redskins fans are elated and proud of them.

Old 09-20-2020, 03:48 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,630,868 times
This week's shenanigans.

NFL Sunday Social Activism Sees Several Teams Scramble When National Anthem Starts Playing

Old 09-20-2020, 03:54 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,228,168 times
I tuned out of the shenanigans.

Read the link - looks like it's all still a woke virtue signaling circus. Kneeling and raised fists and t-shirts on the field and burning, looting, murdering in the streets. So much for unity and hooray for hypocrisy.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:07 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,860,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Wow, even Mr Patriotic Drew Brees is finally starting to see the police for who they are.

Quote:
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, who created a storm of controversy by saying he would not kneel because he didn’t want to disrespect the flag or military, stood during the national anthem. But he wore a t-shirt during warmups that said “Say Her Name,” a reference to the police shooting of Breonna Taylor in Louisville, Ky.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:47 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,713,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Wow, even Mr Patriotic Drew Brees is finally starting to see the police for who they are.
Drew Brees is dead to me

Old 09-21-2020, 04:24 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,297,366 times
We Can’t Just Stick to Football by Lions QB Matt Stafford

I was down in Atlanta doing my off-season workouts. It was obviously complicated because of COVID, so I had arranged to use a field where I could do some work with my receivers. The first one who could make it to Atlanta was Danny Amendola.

Danny and I spent four days working out together. No problems at all. It was great. A week later, I went to do the same thing, at the same field, with four of my black teammates. We were just starting to dump all the footballs out on the field and some of the guys were still stretching when a gentleman came out and told us that we were trespassing — and to leave immediately.

We didn’t even have our cleats on yet. I remember I was standing there in my socks, just kind of stunned and confused, like, What?

But he didn’t even want to listen.

We were still gathering up the footballs and trying to figure out another spot where we might be able to go when the gentleman pulled out his cellphone.

He said, “I’m calling the police.”

After everything that we’ve witnessed over the last few months, and how situations can escalate for no reason at all … and here the police are being called.

We were there for maybe 10 minutes total. Nobody said a bad word to him. And he still called the police and told them that we were being “uncooperative” and “not leaving the property.”

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...cial-injustice

Old 09-21-2020, 04:53 AM

380 posts, read 125,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
We Can’t Just Stick to Football by Lions QB Matt Stafford

I was down in Atlanta doing my off-season workouts. It was obviously complicated because of COVID, so I had arranged to use a field where I could do some work with my receivers. The first one who could make it to Atlanta was Danny Amendola.

Danny and I spent four days working out together. No problems at all. It was great. A week later, I went to do the same thing, at the same field, with four of my black teammates. We were just starting to dump all the footballs out on the field and some of the guys were still stretching when a gentleman came out and told us that we were trespassing — and to leave immediately.

We didn’t even have our cleats on yet. I remember I was standing there in my socks, just kind of stunned and confused, like, What?

But he didn’t even want to listen.

We were still gathering up the footballs and trying to figure out another spot where we might be able to go when the gentleman pulled out his cellphone.

He said, “I’m calling the police.”

After everything that we’ve witnessed over the last few months, and how situations can escalate for no reason at all … and here the police are being called.

We were there for maybe 10 minutes total. Nobody said a bad word to him. And he still called the police and told them that we were being “uncooperative” and “not leaving the property.”

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...cial-injustice
You reap what you sow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies