Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 04:43 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times

Advertisements

Catherine Austin Fitts thinks that the powers that be are slowly moving us to an all digital currency that is "gate controlled" so that once they have everyone completely digital - they can control when and if you spend your money. It will be subtle but imagine if they don't let you access your accounts because you don't fall in line -- or if they want to kill competition or businesses you support. An all digital currency and control by govt and the banksters is an absolute nightmare scenario for all Americans and anyone worldwide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 04:48 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
TOO LATE FOR STRIPE - they already dropped GiveSendGo:

"The payment processor that was being used for this campaign shut down our ability to fundraise, but GiveSendGo was able to find another payment solution to keep the campaign going!"

This is so f'd up

Old 09-02-2020, 04:57 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,864,025 times
Haha was actually going to sign up for one of their savings accounts.

No chance in hell now.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:59 PM

Story is picked up on some news sites:
https://www.revolver.news/2020/09/bi...se-fundraiser/

I would expect it to get to Fox soon

Old 09-02-2020, 04:59 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
As always, when you read something that doesn't sound right, it's probably false or misleading.

I couldn't find a single MSM article, or business media, to back up this claim.

After googling and reading through the terms of GiveSendGo, it appears to me that they charge a fee (to the user? to the credit card company? I don't know) for every donation they get by credit card.

And Discover has decided not to do business with GiveSendGo, a shadier and more confusing cousin of GoFundMe.

It looks as simple as that.

If someone can find a MSM article, or business media, that states Discover has tried not to allow their credit card holders to donate to this shooter's fundraising effort, please post it. And no, Reddit isn't MSM.

Old 09-02-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
And Discover has decided not to do business with GiveSendGo, a shadier and more confusing cousin of GoFundMe.

Old 09-02-2020, 05:02 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
It is f'd up

Old 09-02-2020, 05:06 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Here's the deal, Blake. Businesses are in business to make money.

If Discover card were making money (or at least not losing it) and dealing with GiveSendGo was seamless, they'd still be doing business with them.

Because you know, cha ching.

I suspect GiveSendGo either got a LOT of customer tech issues, charged Discover a lot, something, that it was no longer profitable for Discover to work with them.

Because businesses make decisions based on their profits, not to be punitive to otherwise profitable ventures.

Old 09-02-2020, 05:31 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Here's the deal, Blake. Businesses are in business to make money.

If Discover card were making money (or at least not losing it) and dealing with GiveSendGo was seamless, they'd still be doing business with them.

Because you know, cha ching.

I suspect GiveSendGo either got a LOT of customer tech issues, charged Discover a lot, something, that it was no longer profitable for Discover to work with them.

Because businesses make decisions based on their profits, not to be punitive to otherwise profitable ventures.
Sure, one of those amazing coincidences in life. Discover just so happens to zap GiveSendGo when the Rittenhouse fundraisers are underway.

This might be a purely business decision, but not GSG tech issues, charges, shadiness. Discover might figure they'll gain more cardholders than lose by cutting off GSG. Then again, they might take a small loss to be leftishly correct.

Old 09-02-2020, 05:39 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
I thought conservatives were against regulating the credit card companies? It's liberals that side with consumers. Sorry.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...n-express-case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies