Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 09:48 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,128,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump encourages North Carolina residents to vote twice

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...ystem-n1239140

... to "test" the system, he says. One problem: double voting is a CRIME.

So much for the "law and order" president.
I've never in my whole life of 63 years on this planet have I seen a more corrupt nasty treasonous political party like the DNC, who over the last few years make criminal accusations of others that they are in fact guilty of. Over and over again. Horrible leadership if ever there was one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 09:49 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,231,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
You are wasting your time. The Maggot hat crowd will vote twice. The whole point is to throw the whole election into chaos. I for one hope that he does this because if we don't have a winner the next president will be Nancy Pelosi.

Trumper heads are exploding!!

Old 09-03-2020, 09:50 AM

9,832 posts, read 4,618,865 times
On one hand yeah he's throwing possible voter fraud in the opposition's face with sarcasm etc on the other there are some things one simply shouldn't say no matter the intent. I see where he's coming from but yet again he doesn't think before moving mouth.

17,598 posts, read 6,890,573 times
Well, if Trump is doing that it's time to implement nationwide voter ID. Are Democrats on board with that?

6,094 posts, read 2,715,675 times
Having your vote not counted for breaking the law now that's owning the libs.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:55 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,618,885 times
What I find funny is, every time Trump says something stupid, or something easily misinterpreted (voting twice, drinking bleach, etc) it's those on the left that have that go ballistic. Like they cling to every word of this person they absolutely hate while those on the right actually have enough common sense to realize drinking bleach is a bad thing, and regardless of whom says it, won't do it. And none of us have jumped for joy thinking we are going to vote twice. Either the left is really gullible, or they love listening to Trump talk.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:12 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Look. Here is what Trump wants to happen. Thousands of people who have already voted by mail show up at the polls to vote. The polls will NOT have a record of them voting by mail and they will indeed be able to vote in person. Then as the ballots are counted it will throw everything into question and chaos. The winner cannot be declared. Lawsuits will ensure and the supreme court will have to step in again. Meanwhile people will be at each other's throats. This time I think the Democrats will fight harder and not let the GOP steamroll. Impeach Trump again!!!
In NC, if you show up to vote in person and you have already sent in your absentee ballot, and the election folks have marked as having received a ballot envelope, you will not be able to get a regular ballot.

You can vote provisionally, which means your ballot goes into an envelope with all your identifying information.

Later, election officials go through the provisional ballot envelopes to determine if the absentee ballot had been logged as received.

The process works in reverse if you vote in-person then mail in your ballot so it received afterwards.

If it is determined that you voted by absentee ballot and also in-person, a person could well be in violation of the law.

Hard to say these days.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:12 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,160,706 times
Quote:
Look. Here is what Trump wants to happen. Thousands of people who have already voted by mail show up at the polls to vote. The polls will NOT have a record of them voting by mail and they will indeed be able to vote in person. Then as the ballots are counted it will throw everything into question and chaos. The winner cannot be declared. Lawsuits will ensure and the supreme court will have to step in again. Meanwhile people will be at each other's throats. This time I think the Democrats will fight harder and not let the GOP steamroll. Impeach Trump again!!!
That's right. Beyond that, the GOP would love to have all vote-by-mail prohibited and to require in-person voting. Then they can shut down voting locations to create long lines to discourage voting, which they have a long track record of doing.

https://www.thenation.com/wp-content...fl_ap_img1.jpg

Old 09-03-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What I find funny is, every time Trump says something stupid, or something easily misinterpreted (voting twice, drinking bleach, etc) it's those on the left that have that go ballistic. Like they cling to every word of this person they absolutely hate while those on the right actually have enough common sense to realize drinking bleach is a bad thing, and regardless of whom says it, won't do it. And none of us have jumped for joy thinking we are going to vote twice. Either the left is really gullible, or they love listening to Trump talk.
"Easily misinterpreted?"

Oh, that's rich.

Trump is openly violating the spirit as well as our actual laws, and now encouraging others to do so as well.

He's widely known as an untrustworthy liar. (Cheats so much at golf that no one can really say what his handicap might be.) Most of his initial advisors are now either in prison, or should be.

Isn't this is a fine state of affairs?

BTW, about the bleach. Texas public health officials are now warning Texans not to drink bleach after the North Texas Poison Center fielded 46 calls within the last month related to people drinking bleach.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
That's right. Beyond that, the GOP would love to have all vote-by-mail prohibited and to require in-person voting. Then they can shut down voting locations to create long lines to discourage voting, which they have a long track record of doing.

https://www.thenation.com/wp-content...fl_ap_img1.jpg
Indeed.

Love that sports arenas will be polling stations. Plenty of parking. Lots of room for socially distant lines. People can vote from their cars.

Is this for early voting too?

The long lines and broken machines are ways to discourage people from voting, but I think it is going to take more than that to discourage a lot of voters this time around.

I can't wait to see how many people voted twice. The stories are always so ridiculous.

In NC, one woman was caught voting in person as her dead mother. Said it was her dying mother's wish that she vote for Trump and they didn't get the paperwork organized in time for an an absentee ballot.

I hope to shout that my dying wish to my children is not about some BS politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies