Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 01:59 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,838,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...j-pkg-vpx.wtmj

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...political-gain

This is disgusting. This 'owner' sold his business 8 years ago to Gram- he had no business getting involved with this 'photo-op'. This administration is so full of crap they know no boundaries. Totally fake BS from the Liar in Chief.
No surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 02:03 AM

30,105 posts, read 18,921,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...j-pkg-vpx.wtmj

This is disgusting. This 'owner' sold his business 8 years ago to Gram- he had no business getting involved with this 'photo-op'. This administration is so full of crap they know no boundaries. Totally fake BS from the Liar in Chief.
I take from the butthurt Dim response that Trump's trip to Kenosha was a massive success....thanks for confirming.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:03 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,596,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
https://www.rodesphoto.com/about

The camera shop had been in the Rode's family for a CENTURY. And it was burned down.
The President does a tour of the damage with the FORMER OWNER, (whose family apparently owned this shop for a CENTURY), and he still owns the property on which the camera store sat,....

And you're getting worked up over this because...... why?

The camera shop is part of his family's legacy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
No, I got that. Again, it must have been very distressing for the family that built that business and own the building.

I do admire your determination to pretend to be outraged. Outstanding effort.
Liberal dont seem to understand the concept of "pick your battle" argument. They whine and complain about everything like some old biddy being the neighborhood gossip. Thing is..after about the 9000th infantile, extreme intolerant ranting that no one cares anymore. We just roll our eyes, and ask "what is it this time?"

It is nothing more than an annoying insect buzzing about.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:26 AM

7,971 posts, read 7,328,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I take from the butthurt Dim response that Trump's trip to Kenosha was a massive success....thanks for confirming.
Yes, if it HADN'T been a success, why would Biden "suddenly" have decided to leave his basement refuge to go there today? Oh, I'm sure he won't do any photo ops. Like I'm also sure he'll answer unscripted questions.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 09-03-2020 at 03:37 AM..

Old 09-03-2020, 07:54 AM

25,119 posts, read 16,146,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Liberal dont seem to understand the concept of "pick your battle" argument. They whine and complain about everything like some old biddy being the neighborhood gossip. Thing is..after about the 9000th infantile, extreme intolerant ranting that no one cares anymore. We just roll our eyes, and ask "what is it this time?"

It is nothing more than an annoying insect buzzing about.
apparently they don't remember about the boy who cried wolf.

it applies to the cries of racism.
it applies to "he wants to be a dictator"
it applies to all the forms of collusion and conspiracy they've claimed for 4 years

there is only ONE "problem" they wish to solve, which is "get Trump".

Old 09-03-2020, 10:17 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,378,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
https://www.rodesphoto.com/about

The camera shop had been in the Rode's family for a CENTURY. And it was burned down.
The President does a tour of the damage with the FORMER OWNER, (whose family apparently owned this shop for a CENTURY), and he still owns the property on which the camera store sat,....

And you're getting worked up over this because...... why?

The camera shop is part of his family's legacy.
Here's a quote from the real owner of the camera shop, that you conveniently decided to omit. In the grand scheme of all things concerning Trump, this is not that big a deal. It's just another simple case of him attempting to defraud the american public. Not unusual for a criminal

Quote:
Gram said it was deceptive for the president to refer to Rode as the owner of the camera shop and call it “his store.”

Gram also said he is disappointed that Rode’s comments praising the president were construed to reflect the views of current ownership.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:46 PM

21,075 posts, read 19,579,298 times
A visit by Biden: compassion.

A visit by Trump: photo-op.

Old 09-03-2020, 11:44 PM

6,726 posts, read 3,335,395 times
What's the big deal? At least DJT didn't do a Creepy Uncle Joe move and talk to a racist Jew-hater that idolizes Farrakhan.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:04 AM

8,146 posts, read 6,886,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Here's a quote from the real owner of the camera shop, that you conveniently decided to omit. In the grand scheme of all things concerning Trump, this is not that big a deal. It's just another simple case of him attempting to defraud the american public. Not unusual for a criminal
Quote:
Quote:
Gram said it was deceptive for the president to refer to Rode as the owner of the camera shop and call it “his store.”

Gram also said he is disappointed that Rode’s comments praising the president were construed to reflect the views of current ownership.
I have no problem with including this quote, it actually makes the Gram guy come across as a tiny bit of a jackass, to be honest. And further proves my following opinion, in my eyes:

In my humble opinion, The TRUE owner of that camera shop was the man whose family started it over 100 years ago. The new owner has had it for 8 years. 8 years. Compared to THREE generations of the same family. Over 100 years the business has been going strong. That is no easy feat, as most people who own businesses will tell you. That's an accomplishment. And the guy still owns the property. So this is a NON issue.

I find it hilarious that people are actually whining about this.
But, it also says a lot about those who are. It says that you don't have much material to work with, so you have to twist something that most normal human beings would understand, into something bizarre.

Old 09-04-2020, 09:44 AM

36,223 posts, read 30,664,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Guess what? Normal people are sick of Trump's lies and photo op BS. That is all that man has left.
Meh, I dont know about that.
My area was hit with a destructive tornado back in March causing 100 million in damages and killing 19. Citizens welcomed Trump when he came to assess the damage give condolences to those affected. When he left the sight and went to the shelter put in place for those who lost homes to personally speak with them he instructed the press that they were not welcome to be there. So much for photo ops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies