Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 12:07 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Might end up being Florida, and Florida might end up being the deciding state.
Considering how hard hit Florida was with Covid and that Latinos are more adversely affected by Covid than other ethnicities besides African Americans, I have a hard time believing your statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 12:10 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He's aggressively pursued the black vote which will most likely result in the highest black vote for a Republican in a Presidential election in decades. He needs to be just as aggressive in pursuing Latino and Asian voters....his base knows he needs to do that.
Lmao.. you really believe this or did you get an energy boost because Obama was no longer on the ticket and Trump received a nice uptick vs the Romney and McCain results?

Old 09-03-2020, 12:15 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I'm sure this is for the the benefit of the Democrats because they are obsessed with race.

Really, any American citizen who cares about Law & Order, personal security and the economy in their own cities, will see what's going on these past few months, all the riots burning and looting, we'll start moving away from the Democrats and moving towards Trump.

Only Republicans and President Trump are talking about Law and Order a personal safety,, the Democrats have fallen in line with the Marxist black lives matter and the anarchist antifa.

They also see the elected Democrats the mayor's the governor's and even the Speaker of the House, ignore the very laws which they have imposed on their own citizens. Forcing them to stay lockdown in their homes, ordering them not to travel, telling them they cannot dine inside a restaurant, cannot get their hair done inside a beauty salon.

And yet these Democrat politicians ignore the laws because they don't apply to them. For them, life is fine, nothing has changed for them, they can do whatever the hell they want to. That's why they're not in any hurry to end lockdowns.

Politicians like Pelosi or de Blasio, have no empathy, there's no sympathy, and if the people like this beauty salon owner dare say anything about these politicians breaking the law, then these politicians attack those people

Old 09-03-2020, 12:17 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times
Quote:
Man I can't wait til Trump's re-election. It's going to be even sweeter than the first time to see the SJW RAGE.

That day can't come fast enough...
I loved the look on Rachel Madcow's face when Trump won. I want to see it again. Nothing like seeing the smugness destroyed!

Old 09-03-2020, 12:20 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
It's way too late to try expand his base now, after 3 years race baiting, throwing out red meat to his base at every chance, his divisiveness. Jut too late to reach out now, after pretty much being president to one group of people, and doing absolutely nothing to calm racial tension, and come election you now want to try to reach out. Yeah, good luck with that.
Blah, blah, blah.. and he colluded with the Russians, and paid Russian hookers to pee on Obama's bed don't forget that

Old 09-03-2020, 12:53 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,809 times
Quote:
He's a trump lackey. What would you expect him to say? I think that HRC benefitted from her husband's coattails. HRC had also

Old 09-03-2020, 01:32 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There are LOTS of other Latino groups in Florida that don’t identify with that Conservative tag: Haitians, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Mexicans...and they have large numbers. And that’s not including West Indian Anglophones. The Cuban influence has been largely offset over the years by other groups.

And I’m not worried about geriatric Jews in SoFlo. They aren’t the same as geriatric southern evangelicals who spend all day in fear and loathing of everything that isn’t Christian and white. If they weren’t gonna vote for Trump before, they ain’t gonna vote for him now. I’m not buying it.

So like I said...Naaaah. Miss me with it.
Also, the Cuban American adherance to Republicans depends on generation. The older ones, yeah. Younger generations, less so.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:37 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Just what race baiting has Trump supposedly done? Is this a joke? It's the Democrats doing the race baiting not him. Red meat to his base? WTH does that even mean? What divisiveness on his part? What's he supposed to do to calm racial tension? It's been going on for decades. Was any other president able to do that? All politicians try to reach out to the other side. This is nothing new.

Old 09-03-2020, 06:49 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No one is allowing looting or rioting to happen, that's simply untrue.
I live in Minneapolis. The leaders here (state and local) absolutely allowed their cities to burn. Democrats, all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Dan Bongino? Nah.

Out here in California, the vast majority of Latinos have long been turned off by the Republicans since the mid to late 1990s. Trump is Pete Wilson on steroids, and with a bigger, cruder mouth.
How are lower class Latinos doing in that California cesspool, anyway? Two dozen people to a house on their janitorial wages, eh?

Old 09-03-2020, 10:57 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
How are lower class Latinos doing in that California cesspool, anyway? Two dozen people to a house on their janitorial wages, eh?
Why don't you talk to one of them and find out? Me thinks your nativism and chauvinism isn't necessarily going to persuade them to see it your way, nor your convoluted ways of logical assertions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies