Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 07:37 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,227 times

Advertisements

A few people in my neighborhood tried putting up Trump 2020 signs. All have disappeared or have been destroyed. One Biden 2020 sign has been untouched. Any Biden sign will be safe guaranteed.

What exactly is this mental affliction with these lefties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 07:46 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
A few people in my neighborhood tried putting up Trump 2020 signs. All have disappeared or have been destroyed. One Biden 2020 sign has been untouched. Any Biden sign will be safe guaranteed.

Ooopsy:

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/de...e8febe7ea.html

Bartlesville Radio » News » Crafted Biden Sign Vandalized in Bartlesville

Here; I'll correct it for you - "what is this universal mental affliction"?

Old 09-03-2020, 07:49 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:

We were honestly afraid to put our Trump sign out. We recently moved into a new neighborhood and don't really know anyone. Well after 6 houses put their Trump signs out, we decided to.

Moderates on either side are tolerant. Start straying from the middle and the tolerance falls off. At the moment though, the far left seems to have the bias for not being tolerant.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:51 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times
Quote:

Ok that is an anecdote. My mom lives in a liberal area, yet she has had trump 2020 spray painted in front of her house and her Biden sign was destroyed. She also had her Obama sign destroyed during that election cycle. She lives off of a busy main road, so there are a lot of people who see her signs. This stuff happens on both sides.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:52 AM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Here's the difference between people on the left and people on the right when they see a sign or sticker of the party they oppose:

Right: They simply view that person as stupid, naïve, misguided, or just plain silly.

Left: They view that person as someone who needs to be destroyed by any means necessary.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:55 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
I've never really seen the appeal of yard signs, bumper stickers, etc., supporting candidates. I have no issue publicly stating that I will vote for Trump, but putting it on public display is just not my thing.

That said, should I find myself supporting a candidate with a yard sign that is repeatedly stolen, I will secure the sign with mousetraps linning the top-rear of the sign and plan the occasional stakeout armed with a paintball gun.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:56 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:

They are inherently fascistic. If they disagree with some viewpoint, activity or opinion, it must be banned, made illegal, and the people doing said thing, or holding such an opposing viewpoint must be punished.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:57 AM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,643 times
Quote:

Same thing happened to me in 2016. I got 25-30 Trump signs prior to the primary in Georgia. I was living in Gainesville at the time and put 2 in my yard. They were stolen. I put more up and they were stolen. I put stickers on my suv and I guess they weren't dumb enough to touch my vehicle.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:57 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Here's the difference between people on the left and people on the right when they see a sign or sticker of the party they oppose:

Right: They simply view that person as stupid, naïve, misguided, or just plain silly.

Left: They view that person as someone who needs to be destroyed by any means necessary.
Haha. Erase what you put for the Right: and fill it in with what you put for the Left:, and then you have an accurate description of the extremes on both sides. The left extreme is gaining more traction right now, so I see them as more of a threat at the moment, but I’m not going to put my guard down for the extreme right either.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:58 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
The intolerance paradox: intolerance of intolerance is not intolerant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies