Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 08:08 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,564,393 times

Advertisements

Nothing changes from Trump. Both are stupid. We should replace the rigged debates with a Jeopardy game show format with a third non-candidate contestant to show how stupid these two are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 11:24 AM

427 posts, read 430,791 times
The OP's original comment is an impossibility. LOL.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:28 AM

427 posts, read 430,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I see the Russian propaganda that Biden has dementia has spread among the kool aid drinkers yet again. Research DHS and intelligence bulletin calling out Russia's attack on Biden's mental health and how it was with held. There's a reason Trump shut down the briefings on what Russia is trying to do to sway the election to Trump. It's the same 2016 playbook used on Clinton.

When are we going to stop being useful idiots?

Why should you vote for Biden? For the last 100 years Republican presidents have been responsible for our greatest economic disasters. The great depression? Republican. FDR gave us a new deal and social security. That would not exist under a Republican presidency. Have you ever read Trump's wish list on his annual budget to cut Medicaid and social security?

The financial melt down of 2008? Bush. Republican. It caused a world wide recession. Obama/ Biden cleaned up the mess and handed Trump a booming economy. What we have now is unemployment 3x the level we had in 2008, and a deficit that's a disaster. Are we headed for a depression? It sure feels like it.

So who do you want to deal with it? More of the same with a president who is corrupt and has had multiple bankruptcies with his own businesses? Grifting and stealing from his charitable foundation and Trump U, or do you want someone with experience leading our country out of a major recession?

Trump is the reason we are failing to control this virus, we all know that other countries are doing a much better job. The new lets lie about the actual numbers of dead people is an insult to all of our intelligence. The die hards might want to stay in Jonestown and drink the poison koolaid, but I'm tired of the toxic incompetence, conspiracy theories, corruption, and an inexperienced president. I had a much better life under Obama and Biden and I don't want to wait another 4 years to get it back.

Trump being re-elected? Four more years of the same incompetence not surrounded by all the best people, but by crony yes men. No thanks. I'll take Biden.
I sense TDS.... Folks, notice all the long diatribes from those who are not trying to convince you, but trying to convince themselves. LOL.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:32 AM

27,549 posts, read 28,636,675 times
If you believe that millions of illegal aliens perpetually flooding into the United States are a great asset for the prosperity, security and unity of the United States, then vote for Joe Biden.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:21 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I have the same fear and have moved a lot to cash. I have spent a lifetime building a nice nest egg for my old age, and, like you, don’t want it redistributed to people who didn’t bother to save.

On the other hand, I dont want them to just starve to death

Old 09-07-2020, 07:24 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,772,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
hopefully you don't have enough that should the Dems decide on a "wealth tax" you have enough to qualify.
The wealth tax will ultimately start around 250,000 in assets - which is not enough to retire. It will also undoubtedly exempt politicians. Truly rich people will also find ways around it. Like most taxes aimed at "the rich" it will fall on the upper middle class non-politicians only.

Old 09-07-2020, 09:59 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,553,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The other part is tell me about his specific solutions/platform without mentioning president Trump... you know, the objective things that are provable and measurable.

Example... re: experience. Your experiences can lead to good or bad, so experience unto itself means nothing without some substance, especially in politics.
Well, he has spent nearly a half-decade producing nothing, milking the system to the point where his abject corruption has made he, his brother and his Duck Dinner son mult-millionaires. That's a GREAT reason to vote for him, if you are leftist swine!!

Old 09-07-2020, 10:02 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,553,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
On the other hand, I don't want them to just starve to death
I don't care, one way or another. Not America's problem. We've done far more than we should have already. Time they stand on their own 2 feet, take their countries back and grow their own food, just like we did.

Old 09-07-2020, 10:08 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Quote:
Convince me to vote for Joe Biden without using Trump's name
Are you kidding?
Trump could not have been elected if not for Hillary. People will vote for Trump because he is not Biden.
I don't think Democrats get it.

Old 09-07-2020, 10:08 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,488,747 times
46 is more than 45!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies