Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 10:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
That's a roundabout way of not mentioning Trump.

Your only reason of voting for the new candidate is because you don't like the politics of the incumbent.
And that's a good reason for voting for the new candidate. You vote for the candidate whose policies you support or more closely align with your goals. That is how it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 10:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Uncle Joe will get you some freebies and sniff your hair free of charge.

Go Marlarkey!
That's funny, when some critics of Biden are saying that he will raise your taxes. That's not getting you some freebies. And the sniff your hair---malarkey indeed.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:30 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The other part is tell me about his specific solutions/platform without mentioning president Trump... you know, the objective things that are provable and measurable.

Example... re: experience. Your experiences can lead to good or bad, so experience unto itself means nothing without some substance, especially in politics.
If you ain’t voting for Uncle Joe, you ain’t black.

You should be convinced by this statement.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:31 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
OP is trolling.

OP already said he's NOT voting for Biden due to abortion stance.

Link to OP saying this on 8/15/2020:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/58913208-post10.html

How is this trolling? Do you think anyone would ask to be convinced of something if they were already for it?

Old 09-03-2020, 10:34 AM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
He needn't say a word.
His dexterous hands find my shoulders like warm sandpaper on an ivory shelled egg.
Leathery whispers disturb the flaxen strands of my hair.

I inhale. The moist droplets of Chanel's Pour Monsieur slither to the back of my nose almost recklessly.

Off , in the distance, a crow screeches out into the darkness.

Damn! That's deep!

Old 09-03-2020, 10:37 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Good one! That's like trying to alphabet backwards after drinking a 12 pack of beer! Not easy is it??

Old 09-03-2020, 10:40 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,676,657 times
Biden is a career politician, but, that doesn't mean we can't hold his feet to the fire of constituent demands. I also think Biden will make an attempt to talk with the GOP on those issues which affect all of us and not just pander to his own support population as has been the problem with the current administration. We are supposed to chose a president based upon he/she being capable of delivering benefit to the masses, not just corporate citizens, but the everyday average American.

I'm also burned out on the current coming out of the woodwork among the far right--and left. Condoning divisiveness as a political ploy is a disgrace to America, and a slap in the face to the idea of differences in ideology being an acceptable prelude to civil unrest. We need a president who will unequivocally denounce ALL violence, whether from police, thugs, protesters, or our own government when attempting to quell unsafe conditions in our cities. My neighbors yard signs says it all, "Any responsible adult for president."

Old 09-03-2020, 10:40 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
They can still say "Orange man bad" without using Trump's name.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:44 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
OP is trolling.

OP already said he's NOT voting for Biden due to abortion stance.

Link to OP saying this on 8/15/2020:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/58913208-post10.html
You seem to be the only troll here.

Asking for opinions is not trolling.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:46 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Biden is a career politician, but, that doesn't mean we can't hold his feet to the fire of constituent demands. I also think Biden will make an attempt to talk with the GOP on those issues which affect all of us and not just pander to his own support population as has been the problem with the current administration. We are supposed to chose a president based upon he/she being capable of delivering benefit to the masses, not just corporate citizens, but the everyday average American.

I'm also burned out on the current coming out of the woodwork among the far right--and left. Condoning divisiveness as a political ploy is a disgrace to America, and a slap in the face to the idea of differences in ideology being an acceptable prelude to civil unrest. We need a president who will unequivocally denounce ALL violence, whether from police, thugs, protesters, or our own government when attempting to quell unsafe conditions in our cities. My neighbors yard signs says it all, "Any responsible adult for president."
President Trump has condemned violence from the left and right. Biden didn't condemn violence from the left until the last couple of days when his pollsters told him it was killing him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies