Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 12:09 PM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald DeCicco View Post
Biden's foreign policy will improve our standing with our allies and help America become a global leader again. The benefit of that will be legion, including helping to create a true geopolitcal counterwieght to China and allowing us to take back a leading role in shaping the global economy to our benefit.
I think this is a bigger deal than most people imagine. We've pushed away our allies over the last 3.5 years. We can't keep China at bay by ourselves. We need allies. But our allies are laughing at us now. We need that restored. I could say Biden is the guy to do it. However, logically, the guy that broke those decades of friendly relations definitely would not be the guy for it. Might as well try something new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 12:12 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'd suggest you try typing antifa.com into your search bar-otherwise you might look like a fool; I'd hate to see that happen.
That's so silly. ANYONE, yes, that means you, can create a website, and then link it to another site. The antifa website was probably set up by someone who is opposed to Biden and wanted to sully Biden.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:13 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The other part is tell me about his specific solutions/platform without mentioning president Trump... you know, the objective things that are provable and measurable.

Example... re: experience. Your experiences can lead to good or bad, so experience unto itself means nothing without some substance, especially in politics.
Only one candidate needs to have specific solutions/platform? I don`t think Biden would try to extort a personal favor like rigging an election from a foreign leader. How`s that?

Old 09-03-2020, 12:16 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Biden isn't afraid to forget what he's talking about, repeatedly, and meander off into gibberish. That takes the kind of guts that the West needs in its foremost leader.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'd suggest you try typing antifa.com into your search bar-otherwise you might look like a fool; I'd hate to see that happen.
What does that have to do with my post?

But hey - thanks for watching my back - I knew you would!

Old 09-03-2020, 12:17 PM

59,022 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
After 47 years faithfully serving as a public servant in government and not in the private sector, it's Biden's turn to be President because he's done such a bang up job in the Senate and as Vice President.
"After 47 years faithfully serving as a public servant in government" and WHAT did he ACCOMPLISH in all those 47 years/

How many bills did he author? how many did he introduce? How many of those became law?

Just occupying a seat is NOT an accomplishment.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:18 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald DeCicco View Post
Biden's foreign policy will improve our standing with our allies and help America become a global leader again. The benefit of that will be legion, including helping to create a true geopolitcal counterwieght to China and allowing us to take back a leading role in shaping the global economy to our benefit.
Were you challenged to see how many words you could use to create an overly general and therefore meaningless couple of sentences of advertising?

Old 09-03-2020, 12:19 PM

59,022 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
1. Biden’s $700 billion “buy American” plan is a much stronger counter to China than Trump’s tariffs - which completely failed.

2. Biden will strengthen the ACA by offering a public option. Trump wants to repeal the ACA at a time when tens of millions are out of work and without insurance, basically screwing them if they end up hospitalized with Covid or anything else.
Is the ACA still around? How much of it has gone by the wayside?

Old 09-03-2020, 12:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Biden isn't afraid to forget what he's talking about, repeatedly, and meander off into gibberish. That takes the kind of guts that the West needs in its foremost leader.
The irony is palpable.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That's so silly. ANYONE, yes, that means you, can create a website, and then link it to another site. The antifa website was probably set up by someone who is opposed to Biden and wanted to sully Biden.
That's exactly what it is. And my post had nothing to do with the antifa redirect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies