Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2020, 01:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Then you are admitting that you are supporting a candidate not for his own merits or positions on the issues. You just don't like the current President.

It was like this last election season. The evil witch Hillary Clinton wasn't even running on an identifiable political platform. No one even knew what she was about. She was just a person that was not Trump.
Not at all. I like one candidate on his merits and positions better than another.

This is actually different from the last election. In the last election, the Republicans actually had a platform. This time round, they don't.

I knew exactly what Hillary Clinton was about. Your description of her as an evil witch suggests that you just didn't bother to try and find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 01:44 PM

6,102 posts, read 2,725,398 times
Why dismiss the elephant in the room?

Old 09-03-2020, 01:48 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The other part is tell me about his specific solutions/platform without mentioning president Trump... you know, the objective things that are provable and measurable.

Example... re: experience. Your experiences can lead to good or bad, so experience unto itself means nothing without some substance, especially in politics.
If you don't vote for Joe Biden, "you ain't <insert whatever it is you are here>".

Old 09-03-2020, 02:01 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"After 47 years faithfully serving as a public servant in government" and WHAT did he ACCOMPLISH in all those 47 years/

How many bills did he author? how many did he introduce? How many of those became law?

Just occupying a seat is NOT an accomplishment.

Well, there was that crime bill that got all the black guys locked up.....

Old 09-03-2020, 03:18 PM

2,140 posts, read 362,189 times
Quote:
The other part is tell me about his specific solutions/platform without mentioning president Trump... you know, the objective things that are provable and measurable.

Example... re: experience. Your experiences can lead to good or bad, so experience unto itself means nothing without some substance, especially in politics.

These are things you have to figure out on your own. No one has a magic answer for you. Your vote is up to you (unless you’re willing to vote for Trump*. That should be off the table for every thinking person at this point. Just a thought).

I’m a policy person. According to polls, many people don’t seem to realize they’re voting for people that don't support the policies they want and care about. This isn’t opinion, it’s just data. You policy positions are only yours to conclude.

That said, we are left with two choices, so being picky is not a reasonable stance. At a minimum, everyone feeling queasy should focus on harm reduction. I can’t stand the establishment, corporatist (actual people don’t even register with these new-liberal folks - I hurts me to cast a vote perpetuating this machine, but... Trump* is so much worse - it’s not even a contest. But I did have to work through my anger. If you need to do that, do it. Be mad, get it out of your system if you need to. I cannot handle more Trump*. My health has already suffered enough.

If you aren’t extremely rich, more Trump* will harm your life. Biden. won’t help much, but he will not destroy everything in his wake. He just won’t do much. It’ll be Obama-like with even less movement. Lousy, yes. So much better than the the violent child we have now - it’s not even debatable. Yes, I’m sad that I’m old and likely won5 see policies I care about in my lifetime.

Don’t rely on others to tell you what policies you should care about or what someone else thinks is good or bad about Biden. I share my opinions here and I would rather vote for someone better, but I can’t so who cares. Are you comfortable with what Trump* can do in another 4 years? Answer that and you’ll know who you’re vot8ng for.

Not voting increases the chances of increased harm. Hold your nose, vomit, do what you have to do to fill out a ballot (IN FULL - Learn who is running down ballot - they affect your life directly - and if there are props, learn about them too. They are often worded in such a way to be deliberately confusing, which is stupid. Be careful. But don’t leave them blank.

Taking care to vote on everything is the least each of us can do and if There is more than one democrat or more than one non-Republican for a certain race, please take a few minutes to do a little googling (not all Democrats are equal- some are on the progressive side, some are not. Vote for the one who shares your thinking and policy stances the most. Don’t rely on how they define themselves. If there is only one Democrat for a certain position - vote for that person - It’s important to vote against Republicans because they are cheating and are accepting interference from a foreign enemy to help them steal the election.

Vote for harm reduction if you’re finding it difficult. I get it. I didn’t want to vote at all initially.

But this is not the time for getting what I want. Okay, I move forward. It is the time to participate and contribute to evicting Trump. I can’t ignore my sense of responsibility. This is the most important act I feel I can do as a person, patriot and so I embrace voting for Biden.

See if you can find Biden’s speech from Wednesday. Cspan website has it. Watch it. Have a recent Trump* speech queued up - watch that immediately after.

1. Biden - Oh! A President!
2. Trump*... I - no. Absolutely no. The destruction in 3+ years - no. Evict.

The comparison is stark. If that’s not enough, learn what Trump* has in store for you. Hint - you will be harmed.

Not sure I helped you at all, but this has been my thought process.

Edit: Russia is actively interfering on Trump*s behalf - and Trump* is clearly receptive. Ironically, this helped me and my resolve. I realized there is absolutely nothing - I mean *nothing* that might come out about Biden - that would make me not vote for him or (laugh) vote for Trump*. Nothing. In my opinion, the propaganda backfires because whatever they might try to float - it’s nonsense. Even if true or horrible, Biden is not a sadistic psychopath. Biden is not my pick in a perfect world, but this isn’t a perfect world and it’s Trump* or Biden.

Trump* is destroying this nation and doing nothing while as 1,000+ people die EVERY DAY - which, with leadership (his job) would not be happening on such a horrific scale. It seems like passive genocide to me. He delayed acting early on because he thought the disease would decimate the blue states that were suffering first - let people die who would vote against him - you can find audio - video of him saying as much. He did nothing because he thought fewer Democrats would vote because they were DYING. There is a quote - find it, ignore it or acknowledge it’s true to form.

Who can vote for that? I don’t want to know.

Last edited by paperwing; 09-03-2020 at 03:59 PM..

Old 09-03-2020, 03:22 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,067,463 times
Maga

Old 09-03-2020, 03:32 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
I want to work until I die. the idea of retirement is scary. If Joe is elected, the stock market will crash and what is left of my 401K will be taxed and redistributed to the people who did not bother to save a dime for retirement. then I will be unable to retire so I can avoid scary retirement and just die at my desk.

Vote for Joe. Dont make me not work when i get old.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:35 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's really very simple. If you think the country is going in the right direction, vote for the incumbent. If you don't think the country is going in the right direction, vote for the other candidate. If you are happy with things as they are, vote for the incumbent. If you are unhappy with things as they are, vote for the other candidate.
The really does sorta sum it up. You can get into specific policies but even then it still sorta gets back to the idea of wanting to go that direction or not.

I used to consider myself a Democrat, at least on paper, I was never a party loyalist type, but whatever. The Dems have shifted too far left for me and in my opinion haven't paid enough attention to the average blue collar worker.

They seem to just be on the ball with encouraging illegals here for future votes, one can only assume.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:38 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
Quote:

Love it!

Old 09-03-2020, 03:39 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
My opinion: it will be physically impossible to vote for him because he's going to withdraw before the election. The only question is if Kamala Harris will run as the primary candidate or if they are going to replace him with Bernie or someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies