Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 05:50 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,219,603 times

Advertisements

Well, there's also the space alien race called the "Grays". I'm sure they'd like to weigh in as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 05:50 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
There is a common thread though. Delusional white illiberal women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Wow, someone besides Lizzy Warren pretends to be another race...

Old 09-03-2020, 05:55 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
A professor of African American Studies at The George Washington University has pretended to be black for at least a dozen years:

“Jessica Krug revealed on Thursday in a bombshell Medium post that she has lied about being black her entire career and admitted to deceiving her friends and colleagues.”

I would argue that she did this to further her career, except she says she first assumed different identities since childhood.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ays-lied-black. html

https://medium.com/@jessakrug/the-tr...s-9a9621401f85
Wow Talcum X Shaun King and her can start a club now!! And let's not forget Rachel Dolezol.

I got no issue with people wishing they were black, but wishing doesn't make it factual.

Old 09-03-2020, 06:05 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That was one of my all-time favorite interviews. The first 7 minutes and 55 seconds are her going on about being a victim of hate crimes – jump to the 7:55 mark if you’re in a hurry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRj_h7vmMM
Wow, that's the first time I've ever watched that interview. I was familiar with her story but had no idea that she was that much of a race hustler. She had 8 police reports of "hate crimes"? Whoa! It would appear to me, like the interviewer asked her, that she is responsible for packages containing offensive, racist images being mailed to her home. Kudos to that interviewer for exposing this disgusting phony named Rachel Dolezal.

This whole time I just thought she lied about her race to be involved with the NAACP. I do know that she was a regular at tanning salons, since when do black people visit tanning salons? Nobody ever realized this woman was a regular at tanning salons? She neither looks nor sounds black.

Old 09-03-2020, 08:08 PM

1,300 posts, read 961,140 times
Be careful what you mock today. It may be cause for "cancellation" a decade from now.

First vid is authentic...I think. All three are hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJg8s8NG2KQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kw80MTNs2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzRxbqvGXzw

Old 09-04-2020, 01:12 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
If people can be transsexual why can't people be transracial?
That would require a DNA change...which doesn’t exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Why not. I think I will claim minority status so I can have the benefits of being a minority along with white privilege! Win win for me!
There are no benefits worth having. If there were, the benefits wouldn’t exist. Not to mention that if there were any worthwhile benefits to being black, a helluva lot of non blacks would pretend to be black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Spanish people have been pretending to be minorities for 40 years now. Expose them. They are white.
Not really. Hispanics and Spanish aren’t necessarily the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Well, there is something to be said for that black privilege, doncha know? Since Mike Jackson you haven't seen any black people pretending to be white.
Passing is long out of fashion for African Americans. Not because of “black privilege,” but because we actually dig being black.

I know...shocking (to you), huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If you want to be thought of as Black, who are any of us to say otherwise? We would be labeled as bigots and heartless, judgmental people, trying to impose our old world views on others.
I’ll say otherwise...quickly without any hesitation. If you’re not born into this, then you can’t be this.

Simple as that. We’re not taking applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
So weird. There are SO MANY well-known white African Studies professors. There is no need to pretend if you want to be successful in that career. At all.
Absolutely. I had EXCELLENT African Studies instructors. The position has nothing to do with being a certain race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
If being black in this country were as horrible as we are currently being told that it is...systemic racism, and so forth...why would anyone pretend to be black? Pretending to be black was to her advantage!

I don’t buy the mental illness excuse, especially borderline, as that condition would make it difficult to sustain the lie over a dozen years and in a university setting.
Who told you that being black is “horrible?” It’s NEVER horrible. It’s always a beautiful thing even in the worst circumstances.

But to say that it was advantageous to her is silly. You don’t know that. Advantageous how? Plenty of white African Studies professors have had great career arcs without pretending to be black. She didn’t need to be black to sustain a fruitful career at a school like GWU. If it were Howard or Hampton, I could MAYBE see what you’re trying to get at. But GWU? Nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Well, if your mother is Chinese and your father is Caucasian then you're biracial. Not sure how you could be "transracial" without altering your DNA?
You can’t be transracial no matter what mix you are. At best, you can move between a few races that make up major portions of your DNA. But that’s about it.

If you don’t have a drop of African blood, you can’t be black. Ditto relative to any other race.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:45 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
The NAACP has a long history of white-appearing "black" leaders. In it's early years much of that organization was fair-skinned. The result of that, is now anybody can just claim to be black and they would be believed.

This is the first "black" president of the NAACP. If he was black, anybody can be black. This university professor is actual more believable as black than Walter White. She has broader features.
Greater society pushed the one-drop rule so this should come as no surprise. The rule had nothing to do with the NAACP. They likely chose leaders that would be more able to navigate both worlds.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:28 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
*White Privilege™ is being able to pretend you're Black for over a decade for personal, professional and financial gain.

Or in the case of Elizabeth Warren, pretending to be Native American for the same reasons.

The lessons here are the same lessons everyone who has followed this section of the forum over the past few years should have learned by now - tread slowly, wait for the facts, research well, trust but verify, think critically, evaluate with intellect as opposed to emotion. Facts don't have bias or agendas. Facts are facts.

If we ever get back to intellect as opposed to emotion, this country will recover. Not until then.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:45 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Greater society pushed the one-drop rule so this should come as no surprise. The rule had nothing to do with the NAACP. They likely chose leaders that would be more able to navigate both worlds.
Ridiculously white-looking people have been celebrated as "black" for all of African-American history - in earlier decades most of our "firsts" and many of our leaders were people who were not of any significant African descent. In Harlem today there's a statue of Adam Clayton Powell, the black prince of Harlem who looks like an Italian or some kind of white ethnic person. Black people embraced the concept, and actually accepted people like them as black.

Walter White was celebrated as the first black president of the NAACP.

The result of that, is now any random obviously white person can just claim to be black and people will take them seriously. People actually believed that Dolezal and this crazy women were black when they bear no resemblance to black people in the slightest.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:49 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Ridiculously white-looking people have been celebrated as "black" for all of African-American history - in earlier decades most of our "firsts" and many of our leaders were people who were not of any significant African descent. In Harlem today there's a statue of Adam Clayton Powell, the black prince of Harlem who looks like an Italian or some kind of white ethnic person. Black people embraced the concept, and actually believed people like them as black.
Well, ACP was of mixed ancestry. That's not uncommon. So what?

I'll leave it to other Black posters about what constitutes "blackness".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies