Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 11:22 AM

8,232 posts, read 3,492,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
I support the right to choose, up to the point of viability. And viability moves infinitesimally earlier every time a micro preemie survives. This is around 24 weeks though babies are having positive outcomes at 21 ans 22 weeks thought the chances of disability are very high. If they can survive outside the womb then the woman is no longer exercising "her body her choice", the child is very much its own body. And should not be subject to her choice.

I do break with repubs on the abortion debate, I would never have an abortion but I can see how a woman may need too. But after 22 weeks or so you are killing a human that is capable of living outside the mothers body and it is murder.

There is no maternal condition that can not be solved by a csection. ALSO after the point of viability, when babies die in utero they are not "evacuated" they are delivered. So late term abortions are killing a viable child and the mother has to deliver it anyway, so why not just deliver it alive.

There are also cases where a late term abortion resulted in the delivery of a living child that was then killed outside the womb by a "doctor". Hippocratic oath my ***
Late term abortions are also done by dismembering the baby while he/she is still living. It's quite painful I am sure for the baby. Why not at least sedate the poor child before cutting the body to bits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 11:38 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
They could do national legislation. At the minimum, they could make state funding contingent on following their rules.
That would take legislators. And the courts. Because obviously it would be litigated for decades.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:45 AM

256 posts, read 87,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
The Democratic Party...The Party of Satan!

https://www.justfactsdaily.com/yes-j...n-up-to-birth/
Just Facts Daily is a right wing media source. Before you start foaming at the mouth each time you find an obviously crazy statement like the one you posted, try to vet it. It makes all you Trumplicans look very foolish each time you post nonsense like this!

Old 09-04-2020, 11:50 AM

256 posts, read 87,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Late term abortions are also done by dismembering the baby while he/she is still living. It's quite painful I am sure for the baby. Why not at least sedate the poor child before cutting the body to bits?
Another right wing conspiracy belief.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:02 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
It's the New World Order eugenics of Bill Gates and the other wealthy in our country, and the world. It will get worse if they get their "foot in the door".

Even Planned Parenthood agrees that abortion stops a beating heart. There is only one thing that it can be called, and we all know what abortion is. I know in KS, Dr. Tiller (now deceased) was performing late term abortions in Wichita. How a woman, of which I am, can feel the baby moving in the 4th month and then terminate its life, I have no idea, but they do and demand it.

We have all heard about the born alive infants that survive the abortion procedure. What a way to enter the world. With early detection, I think most "defects" are known before the 3rd trimester, so not sure why they use that excuse. Frankly, I think there are women who hope the father will step up, but when that doesn't happen, they ax the baby - actually I am sure that is done. Didn't want the baby, just wanted the man - sorry women they are too. I suppose this would be some kind of mental anguish that would justify ending the life of the baby.

Someone once told me that they supported abortion when something might be wrong with the baby. I said, "You mean like Down syndrome?", and he said "Yes." to which I replied, "Our adopted son has Down syndrome." We were VERY LUCKY to be chosen to parent an infant with DS as their are a lot of singles and families that are ready and waiting for such infants and children. That sweet baby is now 34 years old!

The major reason that I do not choose a Democratic candidate is abortion. In Biden's case, he is so mentally incompetent, I don't think he even knows what he supports unless it is written down for him, so with him, nothing he could yammer would make a difference. And, Kamala Harris has no children, so......

Old 09-04-2020, 12:04 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
The premise of this thread is complete BS. Biden and Harris will do no such thing. This thread is just more fear mongering from the rabid right.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:15 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Ahem.
Trump- 'Well I'm from New York, so you know I have a different view than say, someone from Iowa. I would not ban partial birth abortions. I am pro-choice'.

*chuckle*

Old 09-04-2020, 12:30 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Depends

When late stage intra- uterine fetal death occurs letting nature take its course increases the likelihood the mother will experience serious and potentially life threatening infection. For this reason, either surgical evacuation or induced labor resulting in days before the fetus is expelled. I have experienced both. In these situations, the diagnostic code was “ abortion”. This was in the 90’s. I don’t know if hospitals continue to use this code.

Nothing quite like experiencing intra- uterine fetal death and subsequently seeing the diagnostic code- abortion, as if this was a choice.

The super majority of abortions, 91%, occur before or at the 12 week mark, before fetal viability.
1% of abortions occur after 24 weeks. Unless one knows the back story........

“ Late- term abortion” is a medically inaccurate term, with no clinical meaning, used by anti- abortion extremists.
You didn't read the article, did you?

It said 1%, about 15000 abortions are year a late term. How is that medically inaccurate? Early term - small fetus...late term - fully developed baby.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:35 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
You didn't read the article, did you?

It said 1%, about 15000 abortions are year a late term. How is that medically inaccurate? Early term - small fetus...late term - fully developed baby.
She said it right in the post you quoted - it has no clinical meaning.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:40 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
AND...right on cue, cue up the abortion boogieman for the right to froth hysterically over. Works like a charm every single time. Just look at all the foaming mouth right wingers here in this thread, falling right in line with the annual abortion election propaganda.

It wouldn't be an election year without rightwing abortion fearmongering. It's become a rightwing election tradition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies