Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 05:17 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,834 times

Advertisements

I agree that I take the Atlantic story with a grain of salt. But, as others have mentioned, President Trump does have a history of making derogatory remarks about individual members of the military.

I am willing to give Mr. Trump the benefit of the doubt, since his making such remarks in the presence of others (outside of his family) would indicate a total lack of empathy (which he does seem to lack), or intelligence (ditto).

Yet, I think that even Mr. Trump would realize that making such remarks would be abhorrent to most Americans. I simply can't believe that he would utter such remarks out loud, even if he believes them in his heart.

Mr. Trump is not a genius, but he does have good political instincts, at times, and his saying such things to non-family members would mean he does not care what the military thinks if the remarks came out, which I find hard to believe.

Of course, I used to give the benefit of the doubt to Richard Nixon. As the years went by, and more recordings of his talks with others came out, I realized that he was a much more abhorrent person that I imagined.

I will give Mr. Trump the benefit of the doubt, although I have been disappointed in this regard time after time.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:17 PM

1,131 posts, read 387,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Trump attacks Fox News reporter after she backs up key details of Atlantic story

President Trump went after Fox News reporter Jennifer Griffin after she backed up some details of a bombshell story from The Atlantic that said he had referred to slain American soldiers buried at a French cemetery as "losers" and "suckers."

Trump shared an article late Friday from far-right outlet Breitbart News declaring that Griffin "Did Not Confirm 'Most Salacious' Part of Atlantic Story" after the reporter shared on the air that sources had confirmed to her certain key details of the magazine's story.

"All refuted by many witnesses. Jennifer Griffin should be fired for this kind of reporting. Never even called us for comment. @FoxNews is gone!" Trump declared in a tweet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
Confirmed or not, his backers don't give a damn.

That said, 3 Nov can't get here soon enough while this is still on the minds of normal Americans --

Old 09-05-2020, 05:23 PM

8,753 posts, read 5,048,222 times
Don`t believe it for a minute. Sleepy Joe fan`s running scared. What are they going to come up with next.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:25 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
Suckers ARE losers.

And I'll take the credit for that statement.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:26 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Anonymous sources. That's because they're making it all up and they don't want to say who they are. Of course the Democrats just love that gossip and anonymous sources.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Trump attacks Fox News reporter after she backs up key details of Atlantic story

President Trump went after Fox News reporter Jennifer Griffin after she backed up some details of a bombshell story from The Atlantic that said he had referred to slain American soldiers buried at a French cemetery as "losers" and "suckers."

Trump shared an article late Friday from far-right outlet Breitbart News declaring that Griffin "Did Not Confirm 'Most Salacious' Part of Atlantic Story" after the reporter shared on the air that sources had confirmed to her certain key details of the magazine's story.

"All refuted by many witnesses. Jennifer Griffin should be fired for this kind of reporting. Never even called us for comment. @FoxNews is gone!" Trump declared in a tweet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
I posted on Fox News Facebook and told what I thought of their gossip column and their fake anonymous sources.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:30 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Your link says John Bolton "Insisting that the story is inaccurate" John Bolton said he did not hear those words could have been said to others later in the day. That's far from "insisting" IMO Glenn Greenwald making a living off polarizing of American politics. I read though the website and some other stories he has written lot of it is Trump fighting the "Deep State". He is just stroking the conspiracy theorist turn a buck. He did break some stories back in 2008-2013 won awards for with the NSA reporting. Since then it's all Alex Jones type of reporting.
LOL on Greenwald being polarizing. You must live under a rock.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:30 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,452,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I posted on Fox News Facebook and told what I thought of their gossip column and their fake anonymous sources.
LOL, yeah ... ok ...

See no evil, hear no evil ...

Old 09-05-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
AMEN! Trump's a lousy speaker, doesn't show empathy well, and difficult to like, BUT he does what he promises, and GETS THINGS DONE! I'm US Army retired, and will vote again for DONALD J. TRUMP, one of our greatest presidents...EVER!! I'm also deplorable, you can smell me at Walmart, and I may be dumb, and ignorant as hell, but I'm smart enough to know that a Biden/Harris win will DESTROY our country! I'm PROUD to be called a Trumpster! #Walkaway Trump/AMERICA 2020
The Democrats best propaganda tool is using emotion and pulling at the heartstrings no facts just pulling at the heartstrings , it's pretty sickening.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
LOL, yeah ... ok ...

See no evil, hear no evil ...
Democrats live on speculation and innuendo. That is all they got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies