Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2020, 06:15 AM

1,131 posts, read 387,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Because Trump and the GOP say that. I was watching the GOP convention. They made it sound like we were almost in an economic depression when Trump took over and he turned everything around to the greatest economy ever. I have seen Trumpers even here parroting that kind of talk. They say he turned the economy around once he will do it again. And really all we did during Trump's first 3 years was keep interest rates low and kept overspending with the growing budget deficits. The economy was in good shape when Trump took office.
MAGA REDHATTERS definitely are revisionary historians who love telling the BIG LIE.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Because Trump and the GOP say that. I was watching the GOP convention. They made it sound like we were almost in an economic depression when Trump took over and he turned everything around to the greatest economy ever. I have seen Trumpers even here parroting that kind of talk. They say he turned the economy around once he will do it again. And really all we did during Trump's first 3 years was keep interest rates low and kept overspending with the growing budget deficits. The economy was in good shape when Trump took office.
That is his favorite lie. He said America was carnage in 2016 even thought things were good, and he started taking full credit for "best economy in history of mankind" even thought the GDP numbers remained the same. Now that America actually IS carnage he refuses to take any responsibility.

These shameful comments about the military is classic Trump talk which is why only his hard core apologists try to justify them. Everyone else knows he said it.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:22 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Trump is that LOUD MEGAPHONE, who's finally voiced the thoughts, feelings, anger, and hatred of all who've [forcibly] felt suppressed since 2008.

Finally, here's a President who gives voice and license to those of us fed up with multiculturalism, and feeling forced to accept the ways of others. We were here first! We made this country what it is today. Right?

"They" are here because they want what we have.
I'll ask again as I'm slightly perplexed.

When you say "we" were here first I take it you're either an indigenous black or another known American Indian; certainly our European indenture servant nor impoverished new homeland seeking ancestors "immigrants" were not here first.

Also anything we have built we've recieved the foundation and templates "STEM" from that massive continent called Africa. How easily we forget to thank the Multicultural machine called earth and her inhabitants.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:24 AM

1,381 posts, read 1,774,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is his favorite lie. He said America was carnage in 2016 even thought things were good, and he started taking full credit for "best economy in history of mankind" even thought the GDP numbers remained the same. Now that America actually IS carnage he refuses to take any responsibility.

These shameful comments about the military is classic Trump talk which is why only his hard core apologists try to justify them. Everyone else knows he said it.
Typical Trump. Magnifying his perceived wins and minimizing his perceived f-ups.

We all know the economy was on the mend when he took office.

Trump -- and his followers by extension -- live in an alternate universe where facts are made up and conspiracy theories are peddled with abandon.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:25 AM

1,131 posts, read 387,386 times
According to WaPo Tump didn’t understand why the U.S. government spent so much effort to find missing soldiers who he believed had performed poorly and were caught.

Why? It's this concept that the military follows that Trumpy doesn't comprehend and the draft dodger never will: LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND. It's a tenet in all the Armed Forces.

Any Vet who supports this chump ought to be ashamed.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:25 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
A made up story vs discussing policy. it's always about policy but when the big government policies the left loves always fail, the only thing left to do is make something up.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:26 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Trump lies. Especially about the economy. It wasn't the greatest economy ever. It was a Fed fueled bubble just like it was under Obama.

The media lies. Especially about Trump. The media has also used anonymous sources to bash Trump before that turned out false or were retracted later.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:26 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
I'll ask again as I'm slightly perplexed.

When you say "we" were here first I take it you're either an indigenous black or another known American Indian; certainly our European indenture servant nor impoverished new homeland seeking ancestors "immigrants" were not here first.

I am perplexed also. The Native Americans were here first. If being here first matters. The western culture that Trumpers revel in was brought here.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:30 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsmith12 View Post
Typical Trump. Magnifying his perceived wins and minimizing his perceived f-ups.

We all know the economy was on the mend when he took office.

Trump -- and his followers by extension -- live in an alternate universe where facts are made up and conspiracy theories are peddled with abandon.
I think it has been a false economy fueled by the Fed through QE. Every time they tried QT under Obama and Trump it failed. The Fed initially said that QT would happen once the economy was healthy, but they could never undo the QE.

Both Trump and Obama are lying hypocrites with QE.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:33 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Polls don't lie. People who take the polls do lie.

But today, there is change. The polls are pretty close to reality. He is doomed now. His followers will think that the world will collapse. In fact, the world is collapsing under him right now. That is why he will lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies