Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 07:20 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What did he say about McCain being captured in Vietnam? Was it respectful? He has zero respect for them.
McCain wanted to stick his nose in Trump's campaign and got knocked on his butt for it.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:20 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
He's already allowed American troops to have bounties on their heads by Russia, and lied about receiving the intelligence on this matter. Then backtracked once caught in the lie. And still hasn't said a word to Putin about it. This means he doesn't back American soldiers that are alive. Shows he has zero respect for soldiers and cares more about Putin.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:25 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
McCain wanted to stick his nose in Trump's campaign and got knocked on his butt for it.

Trump said he likes people who weren't caught. How many American POW's have there been over the years?

Because Trump's feelings were hurt by McCain he slandered every American POW. It's disgusting.

Just say it -- it was a terrible thing to say.

And yes this new info. may be bogus, hearsay, gossip but it does resurface Trump's feeling that POW's aren't heroes.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:42 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
here they go with anonymous sources supposedly saying he said this and that0. Right at election time they come out with this lol. You would think that if he actually said this those accusing him would come forward

"according to sources with knowledge" yeah? so what is their names?

Meanwhile Pelosi is caught on camera breaking rules and another democrat caught on mic by accident saying " if it wasn't my primary I wouldn't care".

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/polit...ent/index.html

but we do know the name of the author who the article and he has a history of working for left leaning media and being critical of conservatives, so given Jeffery Goldberg has that history and can't name sources to the alleged accusations well then.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Goldberg

Last edited by lionking; 09-03-2020 at 07:50 PM..

Old 09-03-2020, 07:46 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Something that keeps going around in this article is "unnamed sources". Unless there is a physical name associated with it I would not trust it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I heard a blurb the other day that Trump only received the flag draped coffins at Dover four times, someone said something to him and he got his paper mâché ego bruised and has never been back. He has no compassion, no integrity, and no respect for anyone, or anything, including our military soldiers, and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Just a reprehensible human being.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b6250f655c1ca8

Have you ever been to Dover? It is seriously the most gut wrenching, hardest things I've EVER experienced (other than seeing my husbands dead body because I needed to know it was him). To this day I have very strong emotions over that evening.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:48 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,727,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I have a low opinion of him. If he did say this, it would shock me not so much due to the sentiment, but that he would say it out loud in front of people. It would lower my opinion of him.

I do not for a second believe this happened.
Why would it shock you if he said it out loud? Given that he doesn't exactly choose his words carefully when he knows they will be on the record, I can't begin to imagine what he says when there aren't any reporters around.

That said, while I think it plausible he did say it, I'm not going to take this report as gospel either.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:49 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
He said McCain wasn't a war hero because he was captured and he liked heroes that didn't get captured. This from a guy whose father found him a doctor who falsified a medical excuse to keep him out of Vietnam. Why that wasn't the end of his candidacy I have no idea.

I remember the 2018 trip to France for the hundredth anniversary of the end of WWI, and I remember his not wanting to go to the cemetery. Excuses were made about the weather, same as they were when they canceled his NH rally because no one wanted to go. He has NO respect for the military. If you believe he does, look at his history. It is ALL about him, as every second of his life has been.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:56 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
"according to sources, It was heard, He reportedly said" yada, yada, yada. stupid article.

Trump has done more for the military then any other president in ages. SHUT UP.

Why most military want him out?

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Donald Trump strikes again.......

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...hk9gOpuT4hejvg

.....he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.
I’ve asked numerous general officers over the past year for their analysis of Trump’s seeming contempt for military service. They offer a number of explanations.

Trashy Trump trashing the military.

What a NASTY man.

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Trump has done nothing for veterans but use them as props and pawns in furthering his own interests. This story is consistent with every action and unstaged utterance of Trump since he was dodging the draft back in the 60s. Anyone who does not believe this is a delusional fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies