Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2020, 10:23 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yes, there are.

Voting third party, writing someone in, voting for other things but leaving the POTUS slot blank....all better choices.
Completely disagree. If you don't vote for Biden, you are voting for Trump, and vice verse. Don't waste your vote.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:25 AM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Once again the gullible liberals are duped into believing anti-Trump lies spread by the Democrat Party propaganda machine.

Fox News just fact checked the cemetery story. It was General Kelly, not Donald Trump who delayed the cemetery visit.

Trump visited the cemetery THE VERY NEXT DAY. IN THE RAIN. If Trump was worried about the rain messing up his hair one day, he sure forgot quickly because he stood in the rain at the cemetery the very next day.

Once again, liberal dupes fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

This is like the 450th time Lucy has yanked the football away from Charlie Commie and company, as they fall on their ass again with yet another missed kick.

You think they would have learned after Adam Schiff spent 2 years solid saying he had solid evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians, and could produce NOTHING for the Mueller investigation. Or like John Brennan publicly state Trump colluded with Russia, while telling the Schiff committee under oath behind closed doors, there was absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Trump ever colluded with Russia.

This is delicious. It is awesome seeing egg on the face of the commie liberals yet again and seeing all of their followers retreat into the shadows of shame yet again.

But they have no shame, so they will be duped by fake news again and again and again, without end.

People this gullible and uninformed should not be allowed to vote.
If this is indeed false, the damage is done. I'm sure Veterans are just going to write in something or not vote at all. I can't see them voting for Biden/Harris.

When he is out of office, I'd love to see Trump pair up with Lin Wood and start up the defamation lawsuits. Seeing some of these media outlets having to pay would be great.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:29 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Assuming your old enough, who did you vote for in ‘96?
My first vote for President was for John Anderson, neither an R nor a D, and that is where my heart lies.

For POTUS I've voted for or supported 1/3 Independents, 1/3 Democrats, and 1/3 Republicans.

I voted for Clinton because I was a one issue voter during that period (with age has come some level of wisdom, and I wouldn't repeat that vote), but I supported his Impeachment and the attempt to remove him from office. He disrespected every American with those sexual shenanigans in the White House. I did go through a period when I felt that policy mattered and the shenanigans less so, but that was a wrong and immature mindset. And I can't remember a time when I didn't have a negative opinion of Hillary.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Completely disagree. If you don't vote for Biden, you are voting for Trump, and vice verse. Don't waste your vote.
Nope.

You have to be able to live with/reconcile your vote, and some P&OC posters agree with me.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:32 AM

6,669 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Man,..buncha tattleing ninies following around Trump so they can go nyah nyah.

Stop trying to turn the Military on the President so you can manipulate them for some communist Coup.

Not gonna happen. I'd hope the Military , under any President, wouldn't fall for it. If anything we'd need them to quell the indignant riots if Trump did win, since they obviously won't accept the results like they still haven't since 2016.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:38 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Now we get to see what America finds more abhorrent: Alleged sexual assault or alleged disrespect of the military.
My guess: harshing the military.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:40 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
We had a whole impeachment trial with people testifying under oath about unethical and illegal actions in public, and they still wouldn't believe it. There was a tape. His supporters said the tape was perfectly fine and didn't prove anything because the specific word "bribe" didn't come up even though the intention was clear as day. Trump stopped other people who could've given more first hand testimony by ordering not to obey the subpoenas and testify.

He lies. He just lied last night about his comments on McCain. He lied a few days ago about Air Antifa and won't give up his source for that story. He lied recently about releasing a health care plan that is nowhere to be found.

Let's stop arguing with these people. They will never believe it even if there were tapes of him saying all this.

If Kelly was the one of the sources, and he comes out in a few days and corroborates everything, they will say, "Why is it coming out now if it happened in 2018? So close to the election? How convenient!"

They literally do not care what he says or does. I wish they would cut to the chase and just say "I don't care what he says or does. I'll still support him."
Many DO say this. They admit this freely. Trump even said as much back in 2016 "I could shoot a guy on Fifth Avenue...."

Yet no one asks why this is. No one listens. They just default to "his voters must be idiots." THIS is part of the problem.

People vote for Trump because no other politician addresses certain issues. A secure border, anti-globalism, no new wars, and a positive view of American history (vs. the version of America as a horrible place.)

So just maybe someone in the political establishment would take a stand for these issues, rather than shame people for caring about them, like they are idiots, racists and xenophobes? That person would win. But the political establishment, who loves its wars and cheap labor, wouldn't hear of it.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The news has come out now that when Donald Jr had wanted to go into service, Trump promised to disown him if he did.

His own son? ... his own country? WTF

He doesn't want to see wounded veterans in our parades, he doesn't make a peep of pushback when he learns that Russia was paying bounties to kill our people, he disdains our war heroes living and dead.

The president has so much disdain for people in public service, people who sacrifice for our country, people who have given their last full measure ... he is a perverted monster. There is no other way of putting it.

He has to go.
We have some multi-generational trusts in our family (not established by my mother, and she wasn't the source of the money). She once threatened to make some hay if I didn't vote either R or D for President. I would have won, but I would have had to take her to court, so I just told her what she wanted to hear and voted my conscience. For every election after that that she was alive...if she asked...I told her it was none of her business who I voted for.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:46 AM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Many DO say this. They admit this freely. Trump even said as much back in 2016 "I could shoot a guy on Fifth Avenue...."

Yet no one asks why this is. No one listens. They just default to "his voters must be idiots." THIS is part of the problem.

People vote for Trump because no other politician addresses certain issues. A secure border, anti-globalism, no new wars, and a positive view of American history (vs. the version of America as a horrible place.)

So just maybe someone in the political establishment would take a stand for these issues, rather than shame people for caring about them, like they are idiots, racists and xenophobes? That person would win. But the political establishment, who loves its wars and cheap labor, wouldn't hear of it.
Exactly this. Very well said.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:47 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
If this is indeed false, the damage is done. I'm sure Veterans are just going to write in something or not vote at all. I can't see them voting for Biden/Harris.

When he is out of office, I'd love to see Trump pair up with Lin Wood and start up the defamation lawsuits. Seeing some of these media outlets having to pay would be great.
This veteran is proudly voting for Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies