Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2020, 03:53 PM

32,905 posts, read 12,191,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Voting this fall is as simple as driving. Pull the lever to "R" to go in reverse. Push it to "D" in order to move forward.

Senator Tammy Duckworth speaking of Trump's anti-military stance said, "I'll take my wheelchair and titanium legs over his bone spurs any day."
Wow, that cuts to the bone.

(Will Trump say "Ouch" ? )

Old 09-04-2020, 03:54 PM

826 posts, read 242,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLarue View Post
How could John Bolton know everything Trump ever uttered? Unless he is some kinda weird stalker.

Well, yeah, John Bolton is a weird stalker. So, he was perfect for trump. But he still couldn't have heard every word Trump spewed.
Bolton said he was there at the time, so he would know best. If there was any way he could get Trump in trouble for this, he would. He can't.

Old 09-04-2020, 03:54 PM

1,803 posts, read 922,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Trump "supposedly," said this at the time Bolton was there, get it! That's when "they" said this bogus nonsense happened. Later did not matter. This is a rehashed story & was a planned drop as we can see since they had meida read to go.
We will be seeing and hearing a lot of things drop yet till the election. Nothing should surprise and I think possible more defectors sadly on Trump. I believe those who are his SOLID Base is still secure. Would take something catastrophic to change their minds.

Still most of what may come down will not be from Biden. Most seem to be of the GOP camp to were in the Trump Administation to even family. Trump is FAR MORE ON THE DEFENSIVE ALREADY.

Even the Lincoln Project group is just beginning I believe....

Bolton said he did not hear Trump utter the words the Atlantic article said the President said. The Atlantic did not say it was said at the time the decision was made in Paris either....

Old 09-04-2020, 03:56 PM

12,845 posts, read 7,065,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnkfl4CountryLife View Post
How do you feel now that Trump's enemy, John Bolton, came out and said Trump absolutely never said any of what you posted?

Fox news confirmed with their sources that Trump stated he didn't want to go to pay respect to 118k dead Marines because they are "Losers & Suckers"

Old 09-04-2020, 03:59 PM

1,803 posts, read 922,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Fox news confirmed with their sources that Trump stated he didn't want to go to pay respect to 118k dead Marines because they are "Losers & Suckers"
If true ... I can imagine the Tweets tonight and it will be BRUTAL. Get ready for Fox News to be TOTALLY LABELED DEAD AND FAKE AS CNN to TRUMP.

Now Trump will still have to face Fox News Chris Wallace as moderator of the first debate.....

Old 09-04-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
What a pantload.
Your erudite critique is duly noted .

Old 09-04-2020, 04:05 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,971,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
[/b][/b]

But, he did left the door open by saying he could have side later that day. It's on YouTube as well, I can post it if you like.
“Could , “Maybe” is complete speculation. I want to know if these anonymous sources were in his close vicinity at the time these statement were made. Without verifying these sources and where they were at the time of these allegations doesn’t substantiate anything. I remember long time anchor Dan Rather getting canned for reporting unconfirmed claims. These media outlets need to be held by the same standards. Do any of the sources have an axe to grind against Trump besides political bias? Were any of these sources passed over for a gig or promotion inside the administration? For a story this bad you better substantiate your claims by more than just “Anonymous Sources”.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
We've got plenty of reasons to dislike Trump, but his alleged infidelity as a private citizen isn't one of them. It's irrelevant.

Besides, I'm betting Melania couldn't care less about it (she probably has her own private life), so why should we care?
My original posing of that question was in response to a highlighted potion of a Taratova post that was also not specific to being POTUS.

Irrespective of that though, I disagree with you above. It goes to character....and I feel, as do many other people, that character is an important component of being POTUS.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:08 PM

38,611 posts, read 26,251,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
He may not have said what is reported in that article, but he definitely said he did not respect McCain becasue he got caught. IMO, that is a despicable to say.Whatever your opinion of McCain is, it's not relevant, he fought & was a POW. Any person, in a war, can get caught, & held as POW. Not that Bonespurs has any experience of fighting for our country.

Captain Asthma didn't go either.

Didn't stop him from playing college football.

As for McCain, in recruit training I was taught the Code of Conduct for POWs and McCain was held up as an example of what to do.

There is no doubt that refusing to leave before those that had been there longer was an act of heroism.

It is also a fact that over several decades McCain became part of the DC swamp and even participated in the Democrat's attempt to steal an election using the product of Russian intelligence, i.e., the Steele Dossier.

At the very least he showed careless disregard for getting his facts straight about allegations that could have destroyed a presidency and deprived the people of their right to choose their own leaders.

That level of carelessness about something that is so essential to the survival of the republic is ****ing unforgivable.

Old 09-04-2020, 04:11 PM

4,359 posts, read 4,200,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Many DO say this. They admit this freely. Trump even said as much back in 2016 "I could shoot a guy on Fifth Avenue...."

Yet no one asks why this is. No one listens. They just default to "his voters must be idiots." THIS is part of the problem.

People vote for Trump because no other politician addresses certain issues. A secure border, anti-globalism, no new wars, and a positive view of American history (vs. the version of America as a horrible place.)

So just maybe someone in the political establishment would take a stand for these issues, rather than shame people for caring about them, like they are idiots, racists and xenophobes? That person would win. But the political establishment, who loves its wars and cheap labor, wouldn't hear of it.
Just as an aside, let's observe that Donald Trump would have to shoot someone every day for over 51 years to reach the current number of deaths from COVID-19 in the United States. As he said, he takes no responsibility for how the United States has responded to the crisis. It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies